PDA

View Full Version : New Kick Bootay Gun

twistedcocker
01-13-2004, 06:03 PM
New Gun it is awesome Upgrades that i am gonna get are Boomstick,Palmers Rock Reg,Kapp Ram,Orracle 3 Way,ANS Gen-X Regulater

... and Worrblade eventually

twistedcocker
01-13-2004, 06:08 PM
any modifications to the list that i am getting for gun

FreakBaller12
01-13-2004, 06:32 PM
dude!, for the boomstick
call up xpaintball.com
they have red backs for ultralights.
they don't advertise them on the site, but a xpaintball worker told me they have blue and red backs in stock.

Ryknow
01-13-2004, 06:36 PM
.44 mag ram
belsales hollow point 3-way
AKA SCM LPR
Jam Bolt
Worr/E/X-blade if thats your thing
Free Flow internals
Sidewinder vert reg
Free Flow clamping feedneck
15* ASA if you like the feel
A good spring set up and a nice timing job

Just what I think is good.. trying to get some more opinions out there for you.

I would stay away from the Gen-x reg though, they arent the greatest around.

Nick O time
01-13-2004, 06:37 PM
go with a Sidewinder. thing is pimp. also i would go all palmers up front, like ram and 3 way, also when you do get the worrblade or whatever i would suggest some QEV's, AKA lightning valv, and that is all i can think of at the moment.

twistedcocker
01-13-2004, 06:38 PM
thanks i was looking at the red fronts at paintballgear.com but that sounds cool how much are they?

IWANTMOREMAGS
01-13-2004, 06:43 PM
Congrats! I would suggest the Nexus Kit with the Nexus internals and QEV ram included. You would probably save a little money getting Freeflow Internals and then buying a Palmers Ram and getting QEVs on it.
My only suggestions.

Mags

*ArKfEaR*
01-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Ryknow
.44 mag ram
belsales hollow point 3-way
AKA SCM LPR
Jam Bolt
Worr/E/X-blade if thats your thing
Free Flow internals
Sidewinder vert reg
Free Flow clamping feedneck
15* ASA if you like the feel
A good spring set up and a nice timing job

Just what I think is good.. trying to get some more opinions out there for you.

I would stay away from the Gen-x reg though, they arent the greatest around.

Agree with that list except:

SCM Is good but i'd stick with a Palmer Micro Rock or a 04 Sonic LPR and instead of the FF Clampin neck i like the WGP twist locking neck.

MarkM
01-13-2004, 08:35 PM
Hacksaw for that feedneck on the Egg...

Though I can't believe that the feedneck is totally to the bottom of that vertical feed...if it isn't at the bottom then sand the neck down or get another feedneck that allows you to drop the Egg down as that is crazy tall.

Ov3rmind
01-13-2004, 09:15 PM
Upgrades I'd immediately suggest:

Barrel (DYE Ultralites are my favorite)
Inline reg (screw ANS, Sidewinder's are the BEST)
LPR (Palmer's Micro Rock)
3-Way (WGP CT 3-way)

Later on down the road, if you decide to get a WorrBlade (or Raceframe if you can afford it):

Freeflow internals
QEVs
.44 Mag Ram

I'm not a fan of Jam bolts. IMO, get an AKALMP Lightning Bolt, spring kit, then tune the regs and time it to perfection. After that, you shouldn't be chopping any paint.

Quiet
01-13-2004, 11:45 PM
First off you can't get a clamping feedneck like several people have suggested, the 2k3 cockers have pressed on feednecks not threaded.

Have to ditto on cutting that feedneck.

Ram - I would suggest the Mag 44 ram, it's very smooth, add QEVs if your going electro (not worth the $$$ otherwise)
3-way - belsales is very nice, orracle/ct is good too, those are my two favs
LPR - Palmers is good, I kinda like the tickler as well
Inline reg - aka sidewinder or macdev gladiator
internals - these days I'm liking the freeflow and macdev ones, to be honest I kinda like the jackal ones the best though

Get a spring kit, I like the madman ones

most anyhting else just buy for looks or comfort

Q

LeatherPants
01-14-2004, 12:22 AM
Get the Nexus kit. Don't get the FF internals. Been there done that...they sucked.

Right now I'm using a Tornado valve and this past weekend shot 9 pods and a hopper w/ 1000psi left in my 68/4500. The FF internals I barely got 7 pods off my 68/4500.

twistedcocker
01-14-2004, 06:21 PM
so where could i get that Mag 44 ram that everyone is talking about and how much

twistedcocker
01-14-2004, 06:23 PM
and where can i get the Nexus kit and how much

Steelrat
01-14-2004, 06:56 PM
www.Compulsivepaintball.com should have them, so might www.g3pb.com and www.madcocker.com.

My recommendations:

LPR-Palmers Micro Rock, or the shocktech FGP

Reg-Sidewinder

Internals-Freeflow, nexus, or jackal. Unlike leatherpants, I had good luck with the freeflow. Efficiency on a cocker is more a function of how well you sweetspot it than anything else. That, and spring combinations.

Ram-Kapp Fat Ram is supposed to be okay, SMC, Geforce, Nexus, and Besales .44 magnum are all good. QEVs dont hurt, but they smack of hype. I've talked to a lot of people who build and work on cockers, and they say that QEVs are hype.

3-way-If you are planning on doing an eblade or worrblade soon, then skip this. It will just get taken off once you get the Eblade, since it comes with an electronic 3-way. I dont do non-ebladed cockers, so go with the other recommendations if you plan on staying mech.

LeatherPants
01-16-2004, 01:42 PM
either that or go to www.hammertimepaintball.com he's an eclipse rep.

The Action Figure
01-16-2004, 01:52 PM
Jamy you should have gotten a mag

RtDaNiMaL
01-17-2004, 12:02 AM
dude...
thaT IS THE SAME GUN I GETTIN TOM BUT IN BLUE
GOT THE SAME dreop from... well forgot but ya. and i have the boomstick. i am gonna buy it for 250 is it worth it?

LeatherPants
01-18-2004, 05:52 PM
HAHAHA go with the AKA valve! This past weekend I was able to get 9 pods and a hopper off 3000-2800 fill on my 68/4500 shooting 300fps@280 input.

UltimatePaintballer
01-18-2004, 05:55 PM
do this, get a new cp reg instead, anti chop delrin bolt, maybe new internals, new tail, maybe smaller drop so you don't short stroke, and cut the neck on that egg, way to high.