PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframes wear out mag bolts?

nato
01-13-2004, 08:56 PM
Do hyperframes wear out the bolt of the mag so that there are technical problems with them? Im in a slight dissagreement with a pb buddy and would like to know myself. Thanks.

N.A.T.O.

PBCapo
01-13-2004, 09:16 PM
I don't see why they would. You could say this if you assume that you will shoot more with a hyperframe..but im pretty sure that if you take one shot with a stock frame, and one shot with a hyperframe, the wear on the bolt is the same

nato
01-13-2004, 09:50 PM
right, thats what I figure but my friend says the e/xmag is a marker with a higher rof and therefore uses the plunger to not have it wear or something or other. Meh, Im confused.

N.A.T.O.

JG2790
01-13-2004, 09:54 PM
I'm not sure, but I heard that your STOCK on/off pin might get ruined if you use a Hyperframe since the frame allows the pin to move much faster. I heard ULE Triggers won't get ruined, and I dunno if Hyperframes come with thier own on/off pins.

-JG2790

nato
01-13-2004, 09:56 PM
They do come with their own on/offs and ULT's do fix the problem. What Im still confused about is the bolt...

N.A.T.O.

hitech
01-14-2004, 02:51 PM
There are two problems with wear/damage with a hyperframe. The first is having an on/off pin that is too short. The sear will not fully engage with the bolt and damage the bolt and sear. This happens rather fast (hundreds of shots). The second problem is the hyperframe boards use a very short dwell time. The bolt in an ‘mag bounces off the bumper when it returns. If the sear engages before it settles (stops bouncing) it will increase the wear. Also, if the sear attempts to engage before the bolt has returned the bolts wear is increased. This wear takes longer to occur (thousands, maybe 10s of thousands, of shots).

The original hyperframe boards did not allow the user to set the dwell. I do not know for sure what the dwell was, but I believe it was under 10ms. The new board allows the user to set the dwell. Centerflag, in my opinion, recommends far to low a dwell setting. Again, under 10ms.

The solution is to use the new board and have a minimum of 20ms of dwell (there are actually two dwell settings). With that, it will not have any more wear than an emag. :D

Enemy
01-14-2004, 05:51 PM
thats odd i always thought that the wear was cuz of the centerflags smaller solenoid and the fact that it lacked enough strenght to over come the force of the on/off pin thats why it is necessary to replace the pin.. fyi the new ult should allow hyper frames more usability with rts.. but thats only an opinion.. anyways the emag uses a plunger cuz of the solenoids size and the odd positioning of it.. i.e. straight up and down opposed to facing side ways..so yeah i hope that helps

also i heard of the hyper frames failing to work with lvl 10.. it wouldnt work with mine so i just gave up on it and it was my brothers so we put it back on his mag as he kept chopping balls like mad

hitech
01-14-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Enemy
That's odd I always thought that the wear was cuz of the centerflags smaller solenoid and the fact that it lacked enough strenght to over come the force of the on/off pin thats why it is necessary to replace the pin..

That is true. You do need a different on/off pin for the hyperframe. However, that is not what causes the wear. And yes, the UTL is great for hyperframe owners.

nato
01-14-2004, 06:56 PM
LVL10's should work for the hyperframe... i think*:)

Thanks for answering my question hitech I feel MUCH better... I'm buying a hyperframed mag as we speak.

Adios!

N.A.T.O.

hitech
01-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Yes, hyperframes work with level 10. Haven't you seen my video of a hyperframed level 10 minimag shooting at 20bps FULLAUTO? ;)

cableboy2
01-14-2004, 09:44 PM
you said something about a new board for the hyperframe. where do you get one? i have an hyperframe on my mag worked great up until last summer. now it will not turn on anymore.

nato
01-14-2004, 10:29 PM
You can send it into centerflag and for about $70 (I think) and you get the 20 bps board installed. hitech, I tried to dl it a bit back but wouldnt load. I guess I'll try again.

N.A.T.O.

SLICEnDICE
01-15-2004, 04:49 PM
In the beginning we had to replace the blue bumper with an RT one. That stopped the bolts from getting chewed up; before the days of dwell adjustment. Also the frames work fine with level tens, I have one on my gun. Set it up using your stock grip frame to get it working right, then put on the hyperframe. Also use a ULE on/off.

hitech
01-15-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by SLICEnDICE
In the beginning we had to replace the blue bumper with an RT one...

Sorry, forgot that. Yes, you should do that. And EVERYTHING else he posted is correct. :D