PDA

View Full Version : Advise on technique

Da1spaz247
01-13-2004, 11:10 PM
My team and I have been together for two years, competed in only four tournaments, but are getting pretty good. We all know how to snap shoot fairly well and move plenty. Our weekness seems to be when one person gets out. Thats when things seem to slowy fall apart. Especially in five man. I was hoping someone could give us some tips on how to best recover from dropping a man.

ie- lets say my teammate and I end up being out numbered 2-4 in a 5 man,

should I focus be on holding my ground and try to out snap shoot the opponents

concentrate on getting one guy out to even things out

move and take over a middle ground between the guy who just got out and where I am at that point

or go on a suicide run like Andy from AGD kids often successfully does

I know there are plenty of people with TONS more experience than us who would love to share some proper strategy. Thanks.

elpimpo
01-13-2004, 11:23 PM
well the first thing. never snap shoot with people. you may be a better snap shooter but u dont want to take that chance. cross it up always keep it crossed. remember that in the back corners u can see about 75 % of the field but in the center you can only see 50%. talk talk talk talk talk talk talk. biggest thing once you start to get out numbered. just remember to stay crossed and talk and you will be ok

Da1spaz247
01-13-2004, 11:26 PM
thanks. See, in 20 minutes, I just learned enough to probably improve our strategy 20%. I love AO!

Quiet
01-13-2004, 11:26 PM
When somebody gets out, it creates a hole in both your offensive and defensive capabilities. Your first priority should be to reposition so that your opponents cant take advantage of it. This isn't a one man thing, your hole team needs to adjust.

The reason that andy's attack works is that their opponents are looking to take advantage of the hole that was created and in their excitement to press foreward, they leave themselves open to an unexpected counter.

Q

Methylphenidate
01-13-2004, 11:28 PM
if it were me in that situation a 2 on 4 you guys should be on the defensive in this point of the game. try to each get as far over to the tape as possible and then the two of you should cross it up and shut down the field. protect each others tape. and let them come to you.
if you guys try and duke it out between opposing players in a 4 on 2 you will be leaving plyers on the other team un attended in which case prepare to get bunkered.

hey i noticed that you are from hales corners. i am from muskego. what team do you play for. i bet we have gone up against each other in local tournys in the past maybe we could set up a practice sometime.

Da1spaz247
01-13-2004, 11:29 PM
nice sig, elpimpo, by the way!

Da1spaz247
01-13-2004, 11:32 PM
I am on (and partial creator of) the S.S Bandits

Clare
01-13-2004, 11:36 PM
As already stated: cross it up and TALK! If one person decides to look down their tape for just a sec, that could be the end of the game for you.

Methylphenidate
01-13-2004, 11:40 PM
ok i played for sabotage before we fell apart and all went to college. now there are only three of us that still play.

Da1spaz247
01-13-2004, 11:41 PM
cool, I remember you guys. I actually saw one of your teammates when I went to tour UWPlatteville, but I didn't realize it until it was to late to stop him and talk. Didn't think I would see any of you on here

Methylphenidate
01-13-2004, 11:52 PM
ya agd pride suckered me into buying an emag.
i thought that i could work at pbsams and hold true to my autococker ways but they were gonna have none of that and they eventually broke me

Da1spaz247
01-14-2004, 04:21 PM
any other feedback?

elpimpo
01-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Da1spaz247
nice sig, elpimpo, by the way!

:D