PDA

View Full Version : trigger leaking

Plazmic
01-14-2004, 12:19 AM
Okay, so I used my new (used)68 Classic for the first time today. It worked great, except that I was often getting air leakage from my trigger! If I fired off a few more shots then usually the trigger would stop leaking air. I figure I have something sticking or maybe I'm not handling the trigger right or something. Anyone know what might cause this?

Dayspring
01-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Change the orings in the on/off assembly. Be sure to oil them.

Plazmic
01-14-2004, 12:30 AM
Dang. Now I've got to go back through that diagram and figure out what my on/off looks like. :p

Plazmic
01-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Okay, that didn't seem to totally fix the problem, though I think it did help quite a bit. I suspect my sear is sticking. Would that leak air and still let the gun fire when I pull the trigger? It's an old, old, sear.

athomas
01-15-2004, 01:48 PM
Most likely there is dirt or a nick in the o-ring that goes around the bottom of the on/off assembly. Try changing that o-ring and see if it helps.

Are you 100% sure that the leak is coming from the trigger area and not the front of the valve (inside the barrel). You can identifiy front leaks by holding your ear by the feed tube and listening for a hiss.

Plazmic
01-15-2004, 02:22 PM
I'll check the O-ring. It is definitely coming out at the trigger. The odd thing about it is that I can pull the trigger again and that usually stops the leak. Then it might leak again and then stop again during firing.

This was the first time for me to use this gun, so it is entirely possible that some of the 0-rings need replacing, but as it's not a cnosistent thing I wonder if it can be an o-ring.

Plazmic
01-15-2004, 02:27 PM
hmmm...I have been thinking about exactly when this started while we were playing.

When my Mag started this leaking out of the trigger thing, I switched my air to my Piranha. It immediately blew out the burst disk. So I tried my other Piranha and blew the disk on that one, too. I suspect my regulator on the Air tank may have gotten stuck or something and gave me a hot blast of overly high pressure. I don't think the tank has been used much recently as it needed a hydro, so it may have needed a little re-working and re-breaking in.

So if that was the case and I got a hot spike in air, what might that have done to the insides of my Mag?

athomas
01-17-2004, 03:34 PM
The mag valves can handle a lot of pressure. I believe they are rated for 3000psi. Most likely your problem is just dirt or a nick in one of the o-rings.

Plazmic
01-17-2004, 11:46 PM
Ah, okay then. I'll pull the whole thing apart, clean everything, and replace any questionable o-rings. Thanks for the help, ya'll!