PDA

View Full Version : New Automag Idea

Phil
01-14-2004, 04:19 AM
My idea is to reduce the size of the Automag valve and use it as an air ram for a stacked tube blow back marker. It would still use the same rocking sear. The result would be a mechanical marker with an electro pull. You could put an emag style grip on it to give it a true electro trigger pull and anti-chop eye options.

http://members.cox.net/infinitycomputersystems/pb1.bmp

Doc Nickel
01-14-2004, 05:10 AM
So you'd wind up with an extremely complicated Intimidator with nearly twice the number of parts and half the gas efficiency. :D

I have to say the idea is interesting, and it definitely shows you're thinking, but really, all you're doing is replacing a simple pneumatic ram with most of another complete marker. That doesn't provide any benefit and adds a great deal of cost and complexity.

Doc.

GrassNinja
01-14-2004, 06:41 AM
DOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where ya been?

there's a whole slew of us tryin to track you down. We've sent e-mails all over the place, and posted in every thread we can think of.

We need a few of your 15* ASA's. Any one of us is willing to pay for all of them, we just want to get our hands on some. PLEASE!!! PM me, I can get you all the info. thank you,

GrassNinja

Phil
01-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Doc, I am a avid whiteboard reader and I have alot of respect for you from reading your posts. Here is my reasoning. As an automag owner for years I found the standard valve to be simple in design and requiring little to no maintenance. As far as efficiency goes the smaller air valve would need far less pressure to perform its new function and ultimately the gas used to power it would not be wasted. It would vent simultaneously and mix with the propellant gas from the main valve. What you would end up with would be a mechanical marker with an incredibly light trigger pull due to the small on/off and lower pressure in the ram. If the ram were based off of the old 68 valve it could run off of co2. If it were priced to compete in the entry level market it would be a gold mine.

Athius
01-14-2004, 05:06 PM
That was the same idea that i have here's my "blueprint"

RRfireblade
01-14-2004, 05:09 PM
As stated it really changes nothing but to add another tube.If your using the same sear setup,your not even changing the trigger pull.

Athius
01-14-2004, 05:10 PM
For some reason the picturo doesnt works heres my 2nd try.

Athius
01-14-2004, 05:11 PM
Here it is sorry for posting 3 times my bad.

fenix_rising
01-14-2004, 05:13 PM
i think it would be a cool idea, but with the expense of parts, i dunno if it will make the entry level blowback price level

Automaggin2
01-14-2004, 05:53 PM
It is a good idea, but its pointless. It would cost to much to produce, gas efficieny would suck, and it will be kinda bulky.

Z-man
01-14-2004, 06:02 PM
no offence to you thinking individuals but does it not seem that most of the mods that people have for the automage is to make it look like an Impulse/timmy/cocker/Angel?

I see things like this now and then and it makes me think that...

RRfireblade
01-14-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Z-man
no offence to you thinking individuals but does it not seem that most of the mods that people have for the automage is to make it look like an Impulse/timmy/cocker/Angel?

I see things like this now and then and it makes me think that...

Not mine.;) I've actually got it figured out.Shortest and lightest mech mag pull available,just not ready to unleash it yet.:)

GT
01-14-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by RRfireblade

Not mine.;) I've actually got it figured out.Shortest and lightest mech mag pull available,just not ready to unleash it yet.:)

you and Nicad both