PDA

View Full Version : earl hindman dies at 61

jdev
01-14-2004, 01:04 PM
this happened only a few weeks ago. many of you are asking, who the hell is earl hindman. he's better known as wilson, from home improvement.

Earl Hindman dies at 61; played Wilson on 'Home Improvement'
NEW YORK (AP) — Actor Earl Hindman, best known for playing a neighbor whose face was forever obscured by a fence on the television show Home Improvement, died of lung cancer Monday in Stamford, Conn. He was 61.

Earl Hindman, top, starred with Patricia Richardson and Tim Allen on 'Home Improvement.'
Touchstone Television via Getty

As Wilson, the neighbor of Tim Allen's character on the long-running sitcom, Hindman dispensed folksy advice from behind a white picket fence, with only his eyes and forehead visible to audiences. Before appearing on the show, he played Detective Lt. Bob Reid for 16 years on the daytime drama Ryan's Hope.

He made his name in New York theater, appearing in Dark of the Moon off-Broadway in 1970 and in The Basic Training of Pavlo Hummel at the Public Theater in 1971. He also acted in two short-lived Broadway plays and in several movies, including The Ballad of the Sad Cafe (1991) and Final (2001).

He was born in Bisbee, Ariz., and studied acting at the University of Arizona in Tucson.

here is a picture of him, for those dying of anticipation to know what he really looked like.

http://www.tvplex.com/touchstone/homeimprovement/wrap_party/images/earl.jpg

Automaggin2
01-14-2004, 05:44 PM
damn that sucks. That was one of my favorite shows. I remember always wanting to know what he looked like, theyh finally revealed it on the last episode

StuDawggie
01-17-2004, 12:30 AM
Don't forget he was also in the movie Pet Semetary, as the neighbor from across the street.
But no matter what we remenr him from his dying sucks. So here's one last "Heidy Ho neighbor".

jdev
01-17-2004, 12:35 AM
actually studawggie, you are thinking of Fred Gwynne. he also played herman from the munsters, and the judge in my cousin vinny:

http://www.freehomepages.com/munsters1/fred.html

StuDawggie
01-17-2004, 12:37 AM
okay, my screw up.... but you do have to admit they do look a lot alike and that could be an easy mistake to make.
Thanks for the info.

jdev
01-17-2004, 12:43 AM
as a movie buff, i rarely make mistakes :p

ill forgive you for it this time though :)

1stdeadeye
01-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Well Tim,
I guess this means no more advice for you.:(

Funny man.