PDA

View Full Version : Anybody own/used a St!fi ??

magman109
01-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Hey do any of you guys have a St!fi or used one before? I've heard they have problems with cracking from some people and others say they love theirs. I'm trying to get my emag as light as humanly possible, and they only wiegh 2oz! What do you guys think?

pointm@n
01-14-2004, 08:57 PM
I like my stiffi. Never had a problem with cracking. At the last tourney I played, I stumbled on the break and I planted the tip into the grass. When I pulled it out there was a sod of grass stuck on the tip. I pulled the grass out and shot a couple balls through it to clear it out and played the rest of the game with it. I've played with it since then and had no problems.

I think the only reason a stiffi would crack if is someone deliberately kept hitting it on the tip. The tip seems to be the weakest structurally so that is where I think you'd see the greatest chance of cracking.

I wish they'd come out with a kit already so I could buy it.

afrankart
01-14-2004, 09:14 PM
I like mine a lot. I haven't really abused it yet, so I don't have any idea of the true durability, but it performs well and is super duper light. You can't hardly even feel the difference in weight between having one on and no barrel at all. Watch out if you have an egg, though, because the lack of weight on the front of the gun compared to a regular barrel can cause an offset balance towards the rear.

Aegis
01-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Right on about the balance, it really does make a difference. I have a .685 Stiffi, works great with blaze or inferno. Very accurate, quiet, and shoots clean well.

magman109
01-14-2004, 11:35 PM
Good point about the balance, I never would have thought about that. It might actualy be good though cause the battery pack makes my emag kinda front heavy.

Rope a Dope
01-14-2004, 11:44 PM
http://home.pacbell.net/zoraks/stiff2.jpg
http://home.pacbell.net/zoraks/stiff1.jpg

He was telling us all how theres a video of someone bashing this barrel on a rock.. so he bashed the tip on a wooden table....

He called them up, sent in his broken one and they sent him a brand new one. :)

-=Squid=-
01-14-2004, 11:50 PM
I love mine. Light as crap, darn accurate, and it looks cool as hell!

Mindflux
01-15-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Rope a Dope
He was telling us all how theres a video of someone bashing this barrel on a rock.. so he bashed the tip on a wooden table....

He called them up, sent in his broken one and they sent him a brand new one. :)

There is a thread about it on PBN. Both that person, AND site mfg commented on it. Site mfg also said that they won't replace your barrel if it breaks unless it's a manufacturing defect.

sneakyhacker420
01-15-2004, 12:40 AM
i've shot my friends stiffi, what can i say, its light, its quiet, its accurate, and it looks pretty cool

definitely one of the top 10 single-peice barrels on my list

did i mention that it also shoots through breaks like nothing ever happened? :eek:

i plan on picking up a stiffi freak front pretty soon

Hexis
01-15-2004, 01:40 AM
They also have tips for some of the barrel kits. I'm waiting on a Stifi LongBow tip. Ti backs and CF fronts. Yeah. All the super durability of the Ti, and the lack of weight of the CF on the tip.