PDA

View Full Version : Classic Rail vs. RTp Rail??

ghed
01-14-2004, 09:04 PM
This is probably a stupid question but is there any functional difference between the 2? Im trying to decide which I want get cut into a Logic rail.

cphilip
01-14-2004, 09:30 PM
Yes there is. There is a difference in the sear and sear pin they use.

ghed
01-14-2004, 10:06 PM
So is one or the other better suited for the Xvalve/ULT trigger set up?

cphilip
01-14-2004, 10:41 PM
No not really.... The RT Pro rail is considered a tiny bit better set up but not really that much.

what marker do you have that your putting this into? That determines the rail type. If you want to use your old sear and pin then it does. Otherwise no problem...

ghed
01-14-2004, 11:04 PM
Right now Im using a ULE-pro w/ ULT trigger. The reason I was asking is b/c I was going to get Coolhand to make me a Logicrail w/ my classic rail and put that on my ULE-pro set up since it would be lighter than the RT rail. But I was just curious if the sear set up on the RT rail worked better w/ an Xvalve and ULT.
I hope that makes it a little more clear what Im asking :)

cphilip
01-14-2004, 11:39 PM
You want to stay with the RT Pro rail. It will fit your sear and pin and be nice.

ghed
01-15-2004, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the info.

Aegis
01-15-2004, 12:07 AM
I might be wrong - but probably not. RT Pro rails are longer out front than std AM/MM rails. An RT Pro foregrip is farther out than you can get with a std mag rail, and a Roguerail will get you out just as far without the grip rail adapter.

I prefer to have the grip farther forward, like an RT Pro. The spacing on a std rail is uncomfortable to me.

My advice - check out the Roguerail in the dealer forum. You can use the RT Pro foregrip, the roguegrip, or a std mag Vert ASA and still get it moved forward. Sweet setup.

SocialD
01-15-2004, 01:44 PM
You will also need to adjust your on/off by about .015" if you switch rails.