PDA

View Full Version : RT Mags - Do they chop or not?

beacon
09-10-2001, 02:06 PM
Ok, here is the deal. I'd like an unbiased answer, if possible.

I've been looking into RTs into a long time now, and I was wondering if they were blenders.

I know all about out-running hoppers and short stroking, but I was informed from a former owner of 4 mags, (2 being rt), that they were chopping machines. Weren't gentle at all.

Is this true? And please explain your answer.

Arturus
09-10-2001, 02:26 PM
RT Pro owner here.

Yes, I'm sure you know all about short-stroking and out shooting your hoppers, but I'll make a point of it anyway. :)

Those are the only circumstances in which an "Rt Pro" would chop; as long as the marker goes through a regular maintenance.

Now don't confuse that with paint spilling all over your gun - due to a mis-match in paint and barrel, as well as the nubbin cutting through the paint. Basically all the other factors owners of specific markers seem to forget; when they're rather angry over the fact they had to sit out and clean their guns all day long at the field. *grins*

In my most recent visit to the field, I pretty much chopped paint 5 minutes into every game. I was testing out a new barrel with a paint I had never used that day, so that might have been it. Turned out though, my field-strip screw was lose, and that pretty much made my marker go full-auto at 750 psi input pressure. So after chopping my first two paints, I lowered it to 600 psi... Which made me short-stroke almost every single turn. And all I had to do was tighten the field-strip screw - thanks AGD tech, I'm still a newbie. In the end it was my fault, one born out of inexperience.

That being said, I only had one ball break before that day (horrible one) at the field. The only reason I had paint break in my marker once was because I had next to no air in my tank - Go figure.

Now, I'm sure as always someone on this board can go through the techinical aspects of which I've ignored. I hope this at least gives you an idea.

So, no it isn't a paint-blender, as long as you get to know the trigger and you carry out a regular maintenance - making sure the parts aren't worn out and in place. (which goes for every other marker out there) I have noticed users who have only had experience with cocker and electric triggers, chopping more so than the regular mag users out there.

And keep in mind, this is my experience with the marker. :)

2000Sabre
09-10-2001, 04:52 PM
I too am an RT Pro owner. I am not a techie so I can not speak as to why balls do or don't chop. I can tell you from my own personal experience that I have not had this problem with my RT Pro. I do on occassion chop a ball but is usually do to short stroking the trigger.

I do believe though that you need to match the paint you use to the barrel on your marker. Sometimes that's not possible because of having to buy field paint that you can't control, but it goes a long way to staying on the playing field as opposed to cleaning your gun all day.

RT Pro are great markers and you won't be disappointed if you bought one.

Eye_pecking_chicken
09-10-2001, 06:47 PM
I just got my RT, which I thought I would chop a ton of paint with since I am able to fire it a lot faster then my classic automag, but I have only chopped 2 balls, both of which were my fault and not the guns. I'll probably never use another gun again, I love bouncing that trigger, and watching people run for cover when I do =) The two that I did chop was due to a combination of old paint that was well coverd in paint from other broken balls in the container it was stored in (2 month old paint sux), and having the rear screw in the handle out too far so the trigger was WAY too reactive. since then I have it set about right, and have shot about 1000 rounds of wallmart brasseagle paint and havn't broken a single ball due to chopping or barrel breaks. I am not using the RT pro, but a normal RT, which are basicly the same thing from what I have read. Oh and btw, I use a 12v rev.

mr_cool2588
09-30-2001, 06:06 PM
the only way you chop a ball is mis match paint or out shooting your hopper so you shoot quaility paint and get a warp you wont have theese problems

the only way you shortstroke a trigger is by not knowing how to shoot it, when I was a nubie I did it all the time I got a few simple tech tips(lower input pressure) then I went to my feild and shot for 5 days over spring break(78 tanks of air) I shot it over 62000 time fast slow in burst and I practiced it a lot(I eventually had to replace some seals) but now i know the trigger and can hit 12 bps without short strokeing