PDA

View Full Version : X-valve problems

magsgalore
01-14-2004, 10:23 PM
I just bought an X-valve. When I installed it it would not fire. The trigger will pop out like I have pressure but when I pull the trigger nothing happens.After I presurised it I learned about the packing grease that I was supposed to clean out. Then it still would not fire after I cleaned it. I finally got it to fire but when it does it fires full auto. It will do that for a little while then the on/off valve gets jamed down and the small o-ring on the top of it also jams in sidways. I bought a regulator to try and get the perfect pressure inside myvalve but it did the same thing, and now it will do nothing when I try to fire.

Right now my gun is sitting in a pro shop and he says that he thinks there is supposed to a spot for the o-ring on top of the on/off valve machined into the valve and there is not, does anybody know if that is true. Can anybody help me, I just want to play paintball.
thank you,
Eric

cphilip
01-14-2004, 10:30 PM
There is no packing grease your supposed to clean out. If you cleaned off the grease in the back of the reg you need to replace it soon. Its supposed to be there. I do not know where you heard that. (why do not people come here first before they try stuff? I mean it would be simpler if they would not screw things up and we always here.... sigh...)

Its a new X Valve? Tell your pro shop guy to Lubricate the Regulator Pin Valve Assembly in the rear half of the valve.

Unscrew the back half and under a brass fitting and a white oring in a hole you will pull this thing out

http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/parts/Regpin_2.jpg

Lube it and stick it back in and see if that doesn't fix it. He can email me if he needs too.

cphilip@clemson.edu

PBCapo
01-14-2004, 10:56 PM
yup cphil is right. Also, there is not supposed to be a spot for the small oring machined into it, thats for the old retro valves. In xvalves, an oring replaces that machining, so you can later upgrade to a ule trigger pull kit. Anyway, do what cphil says

Enemy
01-15-2004, 02:13 AM
um im sorry but i have to ask the dumb question... did you try retuning the lvl 10 kit cuz x-valves come with stock and it needs to be done doesnt it? sorry if this sounds stupid but its the only obvious thing that hasnt been mentioned

SocialD
01-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Another stupid question, did you adjust the velocity? You'll really need to crank up the velocity with the Level-X.

C_22
01-15-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by cphilip

Lube it and stick it back in and see if that doesn't fix it. He can email me if he needs too.

cphilip@clemson.edu

Phil or anyone else,

Just curious, what would be a good lubricant/grease to use for the Regulator Pin Valve Assembly?

Gracias

:)

SpdElemts
01-15-2004, 07:15 PM
kind of off topic but if i get an x valve for my minimag would it shoot like an Rt-pro?

thanks

cphilip
01-15-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by C_22

Phil or anyone else,

Just curious, what would be a good lubricant/grease to use for the Regulator Pin Valve Assembly?

Gracias

:)

Just plain marker oil is better than nothing. But Tunaman showed me a trick that RobAGD told him about and that is to take some Dow 33 grease and mix it with a bit of marker oil into a thin grease and use that mixture. Last longer they tell me. But in a pinch Oil will do a fine job of getting it lubed.

paintpiggie
01-15-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by SpdElemts
kind of off topic but if i get an x valve for my minimag would it shoot like an Rt-pro?

thanks

it'll be reactive.
if u find that g-spot, hell yeah. :)

just like an RT.

C_22
01-15-2004, 09:10 PM
Gracias, Phil! :)

nate2k191
01-27-2004, 08:54 PM
this should be a classic thread, my friend and i both got our x-valve assemblies, and we oiled em up, becuase we read a few posts, but we needed to turn the velocity up a bit befor it fired, great help! that info should come with the x-valve in huge print on a piece of paper or something. it was a real buzz-kill when i put it in tried to shoot and it just clicked.