PDA

View Full Version : X-valve on an E-mag

acropilot19
01-14-2004, 10:25 PM
:confused:
Hi Guys n Gals
Just did a search & couldnt find me answer so...
? Will a stock xvalve work on a stock emag ?
-reason I ask is i just read a post on emag vs. xmag valve differences & it said the on/off valve pin on the emag valve is longer.
? is this something I should be concerned about ?

I dont actually have the emag yet, its in the mail, but I do have a 68 classic w/ ULE & Xvalve that has been working flawlessly. I plan on throwing the X & ULE on the Emag and selling the spare parts & Emag valve.;)

Any & all advice & experiences would be appreciated:)

Thanks Dudes!

member#10,261
01-14-2004, 10:28 PM
yes the X works on the e mag, no prob

just slids in

i think?

Joni
01-14-2004, 10:31 PM
Yep, it fits, but you have to use the on/off assembly from the E-mag

jayloo
Technically no. The on/off pin in the stock xvalve is for a regular mag. The emag has a longer or shorter pin and has a quad oring instead of a regular oring. I know there are several thready aout this I'll try to find one.

BTW, I have a xvalve and an emag. I have already been through this.

sneakyhacker420
the e-mag on/off pin is shorter than the stock x-valve on/off pin

all you gotta do is switch the pins, and slide the x-valve in

well... you gotta do some level 10 tuning and ya always gotta oil the o-rings throughout the valve real good

acropilot19
01-14-2004, 10:40 PM
:confused:
Ahhhgh! Its longer & its Shorter!?!
:eek:
I only have to replace the pin, but I can also just swap on-offs???
Mommy:(

acropilot19
01-14-2004, 10:43 PM
Hey Jayloo

what did you have to do to get your Emag/Xvalve combo to work?

jayloo
01-14-2004, 10:48 PM
Percisely, I obtained the shorter emag on/off pin and a quad oring. Swapped the parts & tuned the LX and it has worked perfectly ever since.

sneakyhacker420
01-14-2004, 10:52 PM
yup, just take the pin and quad o-ring out of your current e-mag valve's on/off assembly and put it into the x-valve (after removing the stock x-valve on/off parts of course)

thats all you gotta do for the on/off

and the e-mag pin is .712, while the stock x-valve pin is .750 just in case you're confused about the length difference

acropilot19
01-14-2004, 10:55 PM
Whered you get the "Quad O ring" From? can I just buy these parts from AGD? I really dont wanna screw up the emag valve as I plan on selling it.

jayloo
01-14-2004, 10:56 PM
I did a search in the tech forum for "pin emag xvalve" and I got a bunch of stuff....

Here r some useful ones

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119471&highlight=pin+emag+xvalve

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96160&highlight=pin+emag+xvalve

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66560&highlight=pin+emag+xvalve

Hope this helps

jayloo
01-14-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by acropilot19
Whered you get the "Quad O ring" From? can I just buy these parts from AGD? I really dont wanna screw up the emag valve as I plan on selling it.

Best bet is contact Tunaman (http://www.automags.org/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=407) here on AO. He has what u want. Otherwise the Airgun store is it.

sneakyhacker420
01-14-2004, 10:58 PM
you won't screw up the valve, ya just gotta get the black quad o-ring out of the bottom of the e-mag on/off and implant it in place of the urethane o-ring in the x-valve

and put the urethane one in the e-mag valve and voila! you have a basic retro valve with the e-mag logo and an x-valve that works on an e-mag

tyrion2323
01-14-2004, 11:03 PM
If you have an eValve, just get a level 10. The eValve is basically an upgraded RT valve, and so is the xValve. No need to spend the money.

Jacob

acropilot19
01-14-2004, 11:16 PM
That was my next question...
If I threw a LX bolt on the emag valve, would I be getting the same performance (speed) as an Xvalve?
I'm really not worried about the weight difference, just the "go".

P.s. Thanks for all the quick responses- Yoo guys are the SHizniT!!!:D

sneakyhacker420
01-14-2004, 11:28 PM
x-valve isn any faster than the e-mag valve

sure, you can throw a LX on the e-mag valve, it'll be an exact replica of the x-valve but made out of SS instead of aluminum

jayloo
01-15-2004, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by acropilot19
That was my next question...
If I threw a LX bolt on the emag valve, would I be getting the same performance (speed) as an Xvalve?
I'm really not worried about the weight difference, just the "go".

P.s. Thanks for all the quick responses- Yoo guys are the SHizniT!!!:D

Emag valve + LX - 3oz = xvalve

with respect to performance...

rikkter
01-15-2004, 07:51 AM
text may not seem to make it look like its a difference in weight(that sentence make sense?), but if you hold them in hand, or put them on your gun, you can really tell.