PDA

View Full Version : I need your help REALLY bad for my field.

Nitroduck
01-14-2004, 10:42 PM
Let me know if this is spam or not, some of the PBNers got mad at me , so i'm just posting a link to a long text on my problem , if you've read my posts, you know what i'm about and such.

The release is at http://www.furypbpark.com

If i'm allowed to post that on the forum , LMK

Thanks!

cphilip
01-14-2004, 10:56 PM
I have no idea what it is. The link keeps timing out on me so I cannot see it.

But I am inclined to assume that if PBN won't allow it or had a problem with it then I will have a problem with it as well. Maybe you can explain real quick what it is?

Nitroduck
01-14-2004, 11:01 PM
K , it shouldn't time out , but i don't know why...... could be gettin an overload on server.

Here's the short version :

As alot of people know , i run a store and for over a year we've been actively looking for a property to start a huge paintball field in the state of ohio ( the central area ) In september we found a 92 acre part of land for sale to develop one of the states largest/best fields , doing a sort of like SC village ,ect but instead of charging high rates , do really cheap pricing and make money via quanity. Well , i got a call tuesday from my real estate agent saying the owners of the land we were looking for won't extend our contract due to the zoning process was taking too long ( neighbors were opposing a field comming in cuz they believe pb is the devil ) Because we've been looking so long and had our eyes set on this property , we're tryin to find a property ASAP to set up our dream. And in order to raise the chances of us finding one quick , we're offering any individual who finds us a property that leads to a sucuessful closing of the property , we'll give em $650 cash and a lifetime membership.

Thanks!

cphilip
01-14-2004, 11:06 PM
Ok fair enough. I stand corrected! I have no problem with this post as it is then until I can see the link for certain. It is spammy but it is rather of interest to our membership so I will let it go.

Mindflux
01-14-2004, 11:16 PM
I think I remember reading about this on PBN. They were all set up to sell him the land and the neighbors started barking about it. So he's trying to prove his case to a judge now to get the land.. showing how paintball is safe...

.tMan
01-14-2004, 11:18 PM
awww man
that really sucks,
I remember the first posts you did on this, wish you could have gotten that land, I'd help you out but I'm not from around Ohio so I don;t really know.

If you want to make a killing, come to portage county, There really aren't any other good fields around here, but I know that's just me hoping that I can get a good place to play at.

anyways:rolleyes:

good luck trying to find some more land

Nitroduck
01-14-2004, 11:22 PM
yeah , everything was going so well. We were 1 month away from having the best field in ohio , now we're back at square one , but i know all the steps needed to do w/ real estate , contracting ,permits , ect to get the ball rolling ultra quick, we're doin the giveaway just to get the word out better.

Nitroduck
01-14-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Mindflux
I think I remember reading about this on PBN. They were all set up to sell him the land and the neighbors started barking about it. So he's trying to prove his case to a judge now to get the land.. showing how paintball is safe...

Not quite.

We were all ready to buy the land. However, the closing was yesterday, and they didn't allow any sort of extention. The neighbors were very mad at it....No judges though. Just a board of trustees. We were going to do a very large, in-depth presentation on the sport and everything so we could prove that the field would be in the best intrest of the county.

We're not some mega-corporation, or cheap spammers. I've been on AO under other SN's before TK even bought Automags.org . We want to do alot of fun stuff both for the paintballers of Ohio, but Mag owners too (I've owned about 5 of the things), so we can host some sweet AO days.

slushee
01-15-2004, 12:17 AM
CPhilip .. here is what was on the page when I opened it up.. (delete my post if you want once you read it as it is kinda long)

WE NEED YOUR HELP!
This is a general announcement from Fury Paintball Supply
We're located in central ohio, and over the past year have been in the process of trying to develope the state's largest paintball field. Since september we've been pursuing a certian property for the use of a massive paintball field w/ all the trimmings. Well , i got a call yesterday that the property owners won't extend the purchase agreement becuase zoning is taking too long ( 1 month longer than expected ) and now i'm out in the cold again trying to find property , so this is where i need the paintball community's help.

Here's the deal : If you deliver a tip that leads to a sucuessful closing , my company will give you the following.

A metal breifcase filled with $650 cash
AND a life time pass to our paintball field.

Sounds easy enough ? Right , well we're gonna go by whoever sends us tips first , if i get 2
people sending me the name/info of the property , i will go with the one who sent me it first.

Here's what my criteria for property is , it must match or be very very close to what i need , the field is for paintballers by paintballers so need the following.

Since we're baised out of central ohio, columbus and southern ohio is our market area ,
we will need a property a maximum of a 35 minute drive from columbus , to figure this out,
use mapquest when you have found a property. We'd prefer something in Pickaway , Madison or Fairfield county.
We need a bare minimum of 45 acres for the property , we ran ourselves on the origional property as
the largest field in the state , which after spending so much time on yahoo has been found to be 85 acres.
So i'd need something in the range of 45 acres to maximum of 200 , if you get over this fine , but i know
the price has to be really high.

On the acreage , i need it to have woods and open field , half and half would be good , but not absolutely needed.

I need a minimum of 10 acres of grass land and a minimum of 10-20 acres of woods. I'd prefer if the property wasn't

in flood plains , but if i have to , i'll accept a property with SOME floodplains ( Not all ).

Rolling hills would also be an added bonus.

The price can not exeed $6500 per acre, this is cutting it pretty high but if the property is good ,i'll go for it ,
but i can't be spending $500,000 to buy a property. I'd prefer not to lease a land but if terms are good i'll consider.

I'd prefer the property to be on/near a major roadway , no one likes driving back 20 different
back roads to play paintball and must have atleast 200 feet of road frontage.

The property can either be listed by a real estate agent or a private individual.

Don't sumbit a property unless you think it'd make a nice paintball field , since the lifetime pass will come w/ a ton of benefits and i figure you might play on the field once or twice.

If you find a property that meets these requirements, email me at

Info@furypbpark.com
, include the name of the property , tract number , county , city , address if applicable , listing agent ,ect. If you have a MLS # , that'd be great as well since in most cases i'd be using a independant realtor.

All terms are subject to change at any time upon my concent. After day of closing , the lucky person to find us land will recieve a breifcase delivered to their house by me and my brother filled with $650 cash in $5 bills ( just for fun ) unless you live out of state ,then a certified check will be sent instead.

In no way is this a joke or such ,we're very serious and are ready to find a property, we need a new field in ohio and want you to help out! We are already financed to be ohio's largest field , so help us out!

Info@furypbpark.com

Join our newsletter for site and field updates
As well as internet specials and cupons!