PDA

View Full Version : Carol Mosely Brown

Zygote
01-15-2004, 12:30 AM
She actually quoted "Dune" on the Daily Show. That's almost enough reason to vote for her.

"Fear is the Mind-killer."

edit: fixed the misspelling in her name...well, tried to anyway

FooTemps
01-15-2004, 12:33 AM
but does she know the whole line? (i forgot it so don't aks me)

Kevmaster
01-15-2004, 02:18 AM
shes a dumb bunny. thats all there is to it

breg
01-15-2004, 04:19 AM
I must not fear. Fear is the mind killer. It is the little death that brings total oblivion. I will permit my fear to pass through me and over me. I will turn and face my fear. And when it is gone only I will remain.

I think that is how is goes...

Albinonewt
01-15-2004, 11:59 AM
she dropped out of the race

which is too bad, i wanted to see her personally thank all 5 people that voted for her

cphilip
01-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Yea but what scares me is she threw all that support to Dean. Now he has 10! ;)

SMG
01-15-2004, 05:26 PM
so she actually does something when she is not involved in nursing home scams?

logamus
01-15-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Albinonewt
she dropped out of the race

which is too bad, i wanted to see her personally thank all 5 people that voted for her

hahahaha exactly what i thought too.

dansim
01-15-2004, 06:45 PM
i woulda voted for her as she reminds of the orracle and i like cookies:D

agdemagman69
01-15-2004, 06:49 PM
Oh god, I had to study every democratic canidate for a week in Am govt...

But i gotta say it... Wesley Clark all the way!

Vash02
01-15-2004, 10:09 PM
Both braun and sharpton are kinda weird. As far as their ideas and stances i cant coment on those because from watching the debates i really cant tell their stances.

I think clark would make a great canidate. He has military experience and has dealt with some world leaders in the past. He would be really good when it comes to foreign relations.

Dean will most likely win. He's good but IMO he wont beat bush.

Personaly my favorite is John Kerry from mass. I think he knows what its gonna take and i think he really truly wants to change how the US deals with the UN and other countries.

Steelrat
01-15-2004, 10:17 PM
If Dean gets the nod, the Dems will most likely lose. He is too left to capture the center and the near-center conservatives. Also, his whole campaign seems to revolve around complaining about Bush, and taking the opposite viewpoint on almost every subject. That just rubs me the wrong way. I'd love to see a candidate with such a superb agenda that they didnt even need to talk about the other guys.

Chojin Man
01-15-2004, 10:22 PM
IMO none of the Dem. Canidates are strong enough to beat Bush:(

1stdeadeye
01-15-2004, 11:12 PM
The fact she was taken seriously as a contender shows what a mess the Dems are in.

I think she was really running so she could pardon her Drug dealing son!:eek:

Vash02
01-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by 1stdeadeye
The fact she was taken seriously as a contender shows what a mess the Dems are in.

Who says she was ever being taken seriously? Pretty much from the get go she was a flop. I even watched a debate where ted koppel stated "you cant fund a campaign like some of the other candidates can, how long do you plan on continuing?" Of course she was offended by that but who wouldnt be?

Basically carol ran to get her veiws out there. Thats alright in my book.

1stdeadeye
01-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Vash02

Who says she was ever being taken seriously? Pretty much from the get go she was a flop. I even watched a debate where ted koppel stated "you cant fund a campaign like some of the other candidates can, how long do you plan on continuing?" Of course she was offended by that but who wouldnt be?

Basically carol ran to get her veiws out there. Thats alright in my book.

She was at the debates right? She was invited correct? She was afforded the same consideration as the remaining candidates. They took her seriously! They are still taking Sharpton seriously!:rolleyes: Yeah they are in great shape!:p

Vash02
01-16-2004, 02:34 PM
Well i suppose if you are counting just the fact that she was there then your right. What i am saying is that people do not seriously believe that she could be the next democratic nominee let alone president. Truth is, she really cant afford a campaign like dean, clark, and kerry can and everyone knows that.

1stdeadeye
01-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Vash02
Well i suppose if you are counting just the fact that she was there then your right. What i am saying is that people do not seriously believe that she could be the next democratic nominee let alone president. Truth is, she really cant afford a campaign like dean, clark, and kerry can and everyone knows that.

Yes, however if the Dems wanted to be taken serious an focused, no fringe candidates should be included. Every one detracts from the message the Dems are trying to send to America.

Vash02
01-16-2004, 03:30 PM
I can agree to that.