PDA

View Full Version : Quick Mainbody Question

SpdElemts
01-15-2004, 01:48 AM
If i get my mainbody powder coated would this void my warranty?

rikkter
01-15-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Z-man
Well you cannot power coat a Stainless Steel body only the new ULE aluminum ones. Aluminum is the metal you power coat. And no in most cases if you have the body powder coated (by a professional) you are ok. Stay away from that do-it-yourself stuff.

you sure? i've seen quite a lot of powder coated stainless steel bodies before, one at my field for example..
you cant annodize it however..

cphilip
01-15-2004, 08:53 AM
No you can powder coat ANY metal that will take a static charge. He is thinking about Anodizing in his reply. SS can be powder coated

Yes it might void your warranty on the body IF it makes a change in the relationship of your Sear to the valve. Like if its so thick it makes the body not sit in the rail just right. But if you have someone do it that knows what they are doing they can mask off that section where it meets the rail and it will not do that. Make sure you use someone that knows the mags tolerances and issues. I had plenty of them done without issue. Worst case is you gotta sand it off to fix it or get a new body.

Z-man
01-15-2004, 11:24 AM
bah! I gotta stop posting late at night! hurts miy mage! time to deletet h that one ;)