PDA

View Full Version : What are the five best fields of all time?

Tyger
01-15-2004, 07:35 AM
Pretty basic. What I want to know is, in your opinion, what are, or were the five BEST FIELDS on the planet? I'm willing to go back in time to fields that do not exist anymore, but the field had to be real at one time. You didn't nessarily have to PLAY at this field to say it's the best. I'll even go as far as five fields you want to go to someday because they're the "best".

Explanaitons aren't nessary, but if you say that "Field Podunk, Middle of nowhere Idaho" is best, please at least give us a clue why?

Why start this? I'm curious, that's all. What the world says the best fields are. I have my list, but I'm going to wait a while before I post them. I want to see what you have to say first.

-Tyger

FreakBaller12
01-15-2004, 08:22 AM
legal:
hyperpipe in general
indoor paintball city, saw it on a vid,
tippman castle looks cool(attacking of course)

illegal:
my old field me and my friends built up(gone)
malls
school
house to house
alot of urban places

Muzikman
01-15-2004, 11:06 AM
5 Best Fields I have played at:

EMR
Skirmish
3 Rivers
CPX
Dragons Lair (This field no longer exists, and there was nothing really special about it, but I had some very fun weekends there)

The one field I would like to play at some time is SC Village

Jackel411
01-15-2004, 11:33 AM
In no specific order....

EMR

High Velocity 2 out on longisland.. sorta psuedo speedball/concept ball and TANKS!

Any and all West Point Combat Classics.. though the fields always differ.

I cant recall the name.. but that large indoor in North Carolina... You may know it I cant even recall the guys name who owns it but he looks like a thinner mulleted more tattooed bob long

And dunnnnn dunnnnn duuunnnnn ABC Paintball in NJ , only because the guy had a " carter only night " back in the day.

Sean "Chuffy" Combs
01-15-2004, 11:56 AM
My paintball park extravaganza!

tony3
01-15-2004, 12:51 PM
CPX=coolest themed fields, terrible everything else
Badlandz=Amazing, 4 10 man hyper ball, 1 shocktech airball, 1 xball, byop

My favorite field of all time:

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/chicago/hyper_c.jpg

Hitting center 50 off the break is awesome

skirts
01-15-2004, 02:05 PM
ive played at alot of fields so i have some good imput on this one...

#1 Paintball Sams (in wisconsin) (im biased)
#2 BADLANDZ (old school... rough and tough)
#3 SC Village (playing on their airplane field... sweet)
#4 Sporeland (fluffy grass... airball)
#5 Huntington Beach (how cool is that!!!)

FreakBaller12
01-15-2004, 07:05 PM
yea i really want to play a tourny in the beach, that'd be so cool!

agdemagman69
01-15-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by tony3
CPX=coolest themed fields, terrible everything else
Badlandz=Amazing, 4 10 man hyper ball, 1 shocktech airball, 1 xball, byop

My favorite field of all time:

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tournament/nppl/2002/chicago/hyper_c.jpg

Hitting center 50 off the break is awesome

Man, we gotta meet up sometime!

1. Cpx is one of the best fields you'll ever play, especially the city of bedlam, and Armageddon *sigh* ah the memories.... (they just need to lower prices, or get better paint than brass eagle seconds for 100$ a case)

2. and badlands is a GREAT tournament practice field! + its byop all the time!

FutureMagOwner
01-15-2004, 07:42 PM
1. warzone ri- why? first field i played at and over the past 2-3 years ive gotten to know people that i would never have met, had alot of fun with everyone, great playing, etc.

2. emr- seems like a well run good field would love to play there

3. sc village- never been there also sounds cool though seems like it would be funny to get laughed at for my emag rather then it being called an angel or 03 shocker every 2 seconds locally.

4. fox 4- also looks alot like warzone but larger (whether or not it is i dont know i think it evens out though) and does cool stuff on a smaller scale then emr but still cool.

eh i really cant think of others

skife
01-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Atomix - Just because its indoor and has astro turf with some kinda fish oils and stuff and it just looks awsome

CPX - i want to play the beldum field just looks awsome

Thats all for now

FaSSt
01-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Old River - Ocala

First Strike - Newberry/Gainesville

abunkerer
01-15-2004, 10:28 PM
OH man awesome pic! That's "the Zipper"!!

that is a really cool speedball field at BADLANDZ!
Badlandz is the best field! Lots of pro teams practice at that field, I've been shot by some of the best of them.

sneakyhacker420
01-15-2004, 11:02 PM
paintball sam's and BFG

Timmee
01-16-2004, 02:56 AM
My choices (there are currently only 3), in no particular order are:

EMR in PA, because I had lots of fun there at Spplat Attack II, and I enjoyed the field layout.

Cape Cod PB in MA, because except for the weather conditions, I enjoyed the day there, the fields, and hanging out with a bunch of cool AO'ers.

Strategy Plus in CT, because it's a great woods field (and they've got a couple of speedball fields built/being built), and because the people that run it are awesome people. IIRC, it's also the oldest continuously open field out there.

Bolter
01-16-2004, 09:40 AM
The main RPS field at Toulouse 03 was awsome. Watching Ollie lang destroy the Russian Legion was Uber cool, but then they went and did it right back.

watch here

http://www.tontons-flingueurs.com/html/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=3&min=50&orderby=dateD&show=10

I have edited this, its the 4th vid down

paintballaholick
01-16-2004, 10:03 AM
BFG
Apoc
Stalker
Badlandz
Sams

Only ones ive been to...so thats my top 5

The Action Figure
01-16-2004, 10:13 AM
2 words alamo paintball

Bolter
01-16-2004, 12:15 PM
my post was incorrect. I have edited the link and the post.

LittlePaintballBoy
01-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Extreme Paintball is Modesto CA, it's just an awesome field. 6 different speedballs, aiball, recball, and a great staff.

Tyger
01-16-2004, 05:03 PM
I promised my five. So, here ya go. In no particular order :

EMR : What outdoor paintball is supposed to be. Pretty much the perfect woods expirence.

Paintball Dave's : Not that all the other indoors are worse, only Dave's has been there so long. It's living history. 14 years in the same location, can't beat that.

Hollywood Spors Park : Theme fields that looks lke they were designied to be cool on the inside and outside. :) MUCH more intresting that CPX, IMHO.

Run-N-Gun's old field : Small field, 1 course, but WHAT A course! Slight hills, a stream, great woods, forts, deadfall you could hide 5 people in.... Ahh, I mis that place.

Any field in another country : I'm not talking "Canada". There's about 3-5 fields in other countries I want to go to, in Russia, Brazil, France..... So, I'll fence sit that one. I've played in England, that was an eye opener. :)

-Tyger

Methylphenidate
01-16-2004, 05:35 PM
paintball sams (wisconsin)
cpx
apoc
paintball daves (although it is small it is the oldest indoor field in the world and loads of fun)

tony3
01-16-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Tyger

Hollywood Spors Park : Theme fields that looks lke they were designied to be cool on the inside and outside. :) MUCH more intresting that CPX, IMHO.

Well, challenge park is MUCH older then Hollywood sports, hollywood sports built on the idea of challenge park.