PDA

View Full Version : Ao Brigade Press Release

Josh2Xtremes
01-15-2004, 02:05 PM
Hey gang, sorry this took so long, but I was waiting on finalized contact information and the go-ahead from the boss of bosses. Enjoy.

Press Release

Tom Kaye to Lead “AO BRIGADE” at Boys and Girls Club Scenario!

Wheeling, Illinois

January 14, 2004

The promoters and directors of the first-ever Boys and Girls Club Scenario Paintball Game, entitled “The Battle of the Potomac,” to be held in Maryland on April 17 and 18, in conjunction with Airgun Designs, are proud to announce that Tom Kaye, owner of Airgun Designs, inventor of the Automag, power feed and several other industry-shaping innovations and widely respected industry leader, will lead his own Brigade of paintball players into battle at the American Civil War-based game to be known as the “AO Brigade.”

Expected to draw several hundred, and possibly even several thousand players from across the United States, the Boys and Girls Club Scenario is a groundbreaking partnership between the paintball industry and such a prestigious and nationally respected organization, to be held on April 17 and 18, 2004. Fully sponsored and supported by the Boys and Girls Club, the game will be played in Scotland, Maryland on acre upon acre of rolling, wooded terrain generously provided by the Boys and Girls Club. Tens of thousands of dollars in prizes will be awarded to game attendees, including such mainstream prizes as expense-paid vacations, televisions, boom boxes DVD players, microwaves, and other home electronics worth hundreds and even thousands of dollars. All participants in the game are automatically registered to win a share of the amazing prize package. With sponsorship and coverage of the game guaranteed in both Paintball 2Xtremes Magazine, the leading publication in paintball, and the only scenario and recreational magazine in paintball, Crossfire, all attendees will enjoy a chance at the limelight as well.

Support of the game from within the paintball industry has been massive and forthcoming as well, with such important personalities as Spiro Mammaligas of Black Cat scenario game fame and Ben Torricelli of Millennium Paintball Productions scenarios leading the game as generals for the North and South, respectively. With industry personalities including Spiro, Ben, John Amodea of Paintball 2Xtremes and Crossfire Magazines, Joshua D. Silverman of Paintball 2Xtremes and Crossfire Magazine and now Tom Kaye of Airgun Designs and Automags.org attending and even playing, the game could be one of the largest and most significant recreational paintball events ever held. All players are encouraged to register as early as possible and the first one hundred (100) Automags.org members to register for the game will be guaranteed a spot on the “AO BRIGADE” under Colonel Tom Kaye himself.

For more information or to register to play in the game, see the official website, www.battleofthepotomac.com or call (330) 457-0258.

lord1234
01-15-2004, 02:09 PM
i am down.

first to post yay

how much?

Big'n slo
01-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Sweet!!!

I wonder if they would want any Civil War re-enactor's there?

Edit: A no hopper, muzzle loading paintball game would be fun

headcase
01-15-2004, 02:16 PM
The information on the event is here. (http://www.blackcat-productions.com/2004/potomac/index.html) I haven't gone threw it all yet, but the pricing is there.

PissedGodzilla
01-15-2004, 02:17 PM
Must I have a mag to be in the AO brigade??? I poor! I no have one yet!!!

cphilip
01-15-2004, 02:19 PM
First of all I have to know if Toms Brigade is representing the Fine Upstanding and gentelmanly SOUTH or the evil sinister Northern agressors..... This is important.

Scooter/Cootie
01-15-2004, 02:21 PM
:eek:

Sounds like it's gonna be a blast. Hmm...Road Trip? :p

PsychoBaller
01-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Easy for you to say Scoot, I'm in Jersey, heh...

I'll start walking now, pulling my gear in a little cart behind me.

-baller

headcase
01-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
First of all I have to know if Toms Brigade is representing the Fine Upstanding and gentelmanly SOUTH or the evil sinister Northern agressors..... This is important.

AGD is in a mid-western state, but it is technically in the NORTH! I guess I could paint my neck red if he wants to lead the losers of the "War of Northren Aggression" :)

cphilip
01-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Also Accomidations and perhaps camping information is so far all lacking and need to go up so people can decide and see if they can go.

headcase
01-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by PsychoBaller
Easy for you to say Scoot, I'm in Jersey, heh...

I'll start walking now, pulling my gear in a little cart behind me.

-baller

I guess you didn't realize that the event is in Maryland?

shartley
01-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Thumbs up. Have a good time!

cphilip
01-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by headcase

AGD is in a mid-western state, but it is technically in the NORTH! I guess I could paint my neck red if he wants to lead the losers of the "War of Norhren Aggression" :)

well rest assured I WILL NOT be fighting wid no dam yankee's! See you on the other side of the firin line my good sir!

;) (getting into character already!)

Josh2Xtremes
01-15-2004, 02:29 PM
Prince William Boys’ and Girls’ Club Benefit Scenario Event

The Prince William Boys’ and Girl’s Club is delighted to announce their first-ever benefit scenario event to be held on April 17th and 18th, 2004, at their Camp Brown facilities in Scotland, Maryland, a short 72 miles from Washington, D.C. Produced and directed by Ben Toracelli of Millennium Paintball Productions and Spiro Mamaligas of BlackCat Paintball Productions, and sponsored, in part, by National Paintball and Paintball2Extremes/Crossfire magazines, this two-day role-playing scenario paintball event promises to be a “first” in many ways.

Not only will the Prince William Boys’ and Girls’ Club bring this event to the players via two national producers, but these two producers will also bring this event to the players in a unique format. Entitled “The Battle of the Potomac”, this civil-war scenario will also be generaled by Ben and Spiro—and “narrated” by Tom Kaye! These two “master generals” will dictate missions, movement of their field generals and troops, and use of weapons, props, messages and more from an location off the battlefield and with the assistance of a “master prop” of their own.

And that’s only the beginning. For their $70.00 registration fee, registered players will have the honor of benefiting the Prince William Boys’ and Girls’ Club and will receive even more in return. Included with this registration is a cabin (for the first 600 players) or free camping, dinner and entertainment on Friday night, a unique role in the game, ample parking, vendors and a multitude of prizes. The prize package includes a 20” color television, VCR/DVD combination unit, mountain bike, trip for two (hotel/airfare) to historic Williamsburg, Virginia, two boom boxes, three sleeping bags, karaoke machine, portable refrigerator, ice tea maker, Mr. Coffee machine, Gameboy, personal snow cone maker, backpacks, camping gear, Nike basketballs and other sports items, microwave oven, keyboard/synthesizer and much more. In addition, thousands of dollars in paintball equipment will be awarded to registered players. And the Camp Brown facility is a “prize” in itself. Complete with a beach, volleyball courts, basketball courts, Olympic swimming pool, immense dining hall (serving food for the entire weekend) and beautiful, scenic area and grounds, the event has entertainment for the entire family.

Registration is open immediately, and “Battle of the Potomac” promises to be one of the largest, most enjoyable scenario events ever! For registration and additional information, players may visit the website dedicated to this event: www.battleofthepotomac.com, BlackCat’s website: www.blackcat-productions.com, Millennium’s website: www.mppgames.com, and Paintball2Xtreme’s or Crossfire Magazine’s website. Registration via PayPal may be accessed immediately through the Battle of the Potomac website, and registration forms for snail-mail registration are also available. In addition, players may call 330.457.0258 for more information. But hurry! This is an event no paintball player wants to miss, and the pre-registration price of $70.00 is available only until March 27th ($85.00 thereafter and up to the event date). The Prince William Boys’ and Girls’ Club, Millennium Paintball Productions and BlackCat Paintball Productions look forward to seeing every paintball player at this memorable event.

Muzikman
01-15-2004, 02:32 PM
This is close enough to home, guess I'll be there. It's going to be a busy month with Ultimate Madness a few weeks before.

I think a civil war Scenario is pretty cool.

EDIT:
Hey Josh, you guys at PB2X and Crossfire need a photographer for the event?:)

cledford
01-15-2004, 02:38 PM
AWESOME!!!!

For once something is happening close to me!!!! I'm in!

-Calvin

cphilip
01-15-2004, 02:40 PM
I don't see any evidence at those sites that registration is open and in fact Blackcats site contradicts the pricing you listed....

gibby
01-15-2004, 02:45 PM
Sounds like it's going to be lots of fun. I wished I could attend but work will have me strapped to my chair. But this does sound like a great way to also promote the Tac-One? :)

cledford
01-15-2004, 02:56 PM
I don't see any evidence at those sites that registration is open and in fact Blackcats site contradicts the pricing you listed....

Phil,

I noticed the same thing - I just went to the site to be one of the first 100 and there is nothing about getting signed up or paying...

-Calvin

cphilip
01-15-2004, 03:00 PM
thats what I was doing... so I finaly sent them an email telling em we waiting! Soon as they reply I get it out to you Calvin.

cledford
01-15-2004, 03:01 PM
Should we play with ULT/Mech mags in the spirt of the event?

-Calvin

Muzikman
01-15-2004, 03:02 PM
It looks like BlackCat's page is a little messed up when it comes to the game. If you go to Up coming events and click on “Battle of the Potomac” then look at the links on the bottom, they do not pertain to the event, but some other BlackCat event. My guess is that although they released this info, that they were not quite ready;)

I just need to figure out where the field is and what the closest hotels are.

shartley
01-15-2004, 03:03 PM
Shouldn’t this be a stickie?

Muzikman
01-15-2004, 03:04 PM
I say we play with single ball loading that has to be pushed down the barrel with our squeegie:)

cphilip
01-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by cledford
Should we play with ULT/Mech mags in the spirt of the event?

-Calvin

Pffft.... yea you do that! :D

Well depends on if my kid comes with me or not. If he does then I will HAVE to break out the X too. But if not then I will use the RT pro of course. I hope my pepper balls are here by then..... ;) :eek:

cphilip
01-15-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by shartley
Shouldn’t this be a stickie?

one would think but there is already one up there.... not my call.

cphilip
01-15-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Muzikman
I say we play with single ball loading that has to be pushed down the barrel with our squeegie:)

HEY! not a bad idea. No pods. Just leather pouches full of balls. One at a time...

Lets let the yankee side do that! :D

cledford
01-15-2004, 03:07 PM

Classic!!!! ROTFL :)

-Calvin

oldsoldier
01-15-2004, 03:16 PM
dammit, yet another event for me to miss!!! Ah well...next year. Have fun all!!

headcase
01-15-2004, 03:21 PM
I just need to figure out where the field is and what the closest hotels are.

Here is the only address I've found so far:

43900 Camp Brown Road
Scotland, MD 20019
Phone: 301.872.0346
Fax: 301.872.0347

Here is a link to the Yahoo map (http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=L9KcFup_0TpJCxe6Z8sL7zbonVLpEp9jvey wx3CM&csz=Scotland+MD&country=us)

Ignore the star, look for the road just south of the star.

cledford
01-15-2004, 03:25 PM
Wow, that looks to be at least an hour south of Lexington Park - which when I was growing up was alternately referred to as "God's country" and "the end of the earth." In short, that place is out (I mean down) there...

-Calvin

TheDoveDecends
01-15-2004, 04:02 PM
dang.. wish i wasnt so far away. sounds like it will be quite an event

Josh2Xtremes
01-15-2004, 04:05 PM
Ok guys, there's a little confusion here. Good eyes Unka Phil as usual. I went ahead with the press release with the web address in it, BEFORE the finalized website for the event was ready, and information from older games was being used on that site to hold space. Please know that the information, including prices, in the PRESS RELEASE is accurate and that the website's information will be fixed to reflect the proper prices and other information by tomorrow. I apoligize for the confusion and look forward to slinging paint with each and every one of you at the game! Thanks for understanding.
Josh

Dayspring
01-15-2004, 04:18 PM
The phone # you posted is a fax machine. And you owe me $ for the hearing aid I need now. ;)

cphilip
01-15-2004, 04:23 PM
Ok no problem Josh. Just make sure I got a cabin!!!! and I gonna register two possibly three players and maybe later a fourth. Thats all I need but I do it tomorrow then if thats the case.

Xyxyll
01-15-2004, 05:09 PM
Black Cat's site is under construction at the moment. It'll be updated with new info soon.

I've been planning for this game since it first went public, I'll be there either helping run it, or playing as a field general/xo/officer/something for Spiro's team. I can only hope that the AO brigade is on our side. ;)

BTW, I'm on the North side.

Blazingace
01-15-2004, 05:18 PM
I am in for it. What do I need to do?

Muzikman
01-15-2004, 05:25 PM
Ok no problem Josh. Just make sure I got a cabin!!!! and I gonna register two possibly three players and maybe later a fourth. Thats all I need but I do it tomorrow then if thats the case.

Phil, you got that nice truck and trailer, how come you want a dirty cabin?:)

Python14
01-15-2004, 05:31 PM
Alright, cool. I think I will be able to go to this.

1stdeadeye
01-15-2004, 06:06 PM
Is this at the big camp out by Westminister, MD?

I am so in! Heading home to MD for this one!!!!!!!:D

chizle97
01-15-2004, 06:14 PM
well seing as i ma a northerner trapped down here in the dirty south i figure ill once again help the north woops the souths but. if anyone in richmond need a ride there ill give em one.

logamus
01-15-2004, 06:22 PM

yes it is important. the time has come to exact some punishment for the reconstruction!!!! dirty souf all the way!

Xyxyll
01-15-2004, 06:25 PM
lol, very important to know! I don't know whether I'll be playing on the same team as my AO buddies or against... the SOUTH! ick... ;)

pointm@n
01-15-2004, 06:26 PM
Ok, I'm definitely going to be there for this one. I'm not much of a fan of scenario games, but this should be pretty fun playing with a bunch of AO guys. I'm sure I can get my brother, cousin and probably Major Ho to come out with us.

I'm assuming that this is Field Paint Only Event?

Of course I'd want to play on the Southern team coming from Virginia, plus only the south knows how to make decent sweet tea.

logamus
01-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by pointm@n
only the south knows how to make decent sweet tea.

unless you are my wife. the only texan i have ever known to not like sweet tea. im not really sure she is texan, she might have been airlifted in from oklahoma. :p

Xyxyll
01-15-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by pointm@n
Ok, I'm definitely going to be there for this one. I'm not much of a fan of scenario games, but this should be pretty fun playing with a bunch of AO guys. I'm sure I can get my brother, cousin and probably Major Ho to come out with us.

I'm assuming that this is Field Paint Only Event?

Of course I'd want to play on the Southern team coming from Virginia, plus only the south knows how to make decent sweet tea.

Yeah, it'll be FPO.

And of course you're goin... when else am I gunna shoot your emag?

AutomagRT1483
01-15-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Scooter/Cootie
:eek:

Sounds like it's gonna be a blast. Hmm...Road Trip? :p

If you got room for one more, I'll go.

dansim
01-15-2004, 06:57 PM
so does this mean your dumping aone for this scenario game?

points at ao of the east:confused: :(

Xyxyll
01-15-2004, 07:04 PM
Can't go to more than one game in two weekends?

cphilip
01-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Phil, you got that nice truck and trailer, how come you want a dirty cabin?:)

that will be back up plan Muz. I look at the distance and if its more than 8 hours towing I can get a free roof I go for the free roof. Easier drive not having 7000 more pounds and 30 more feet on the interstate. But if I hafta... then we start earlier and we do it. This looks like a 9 or so hour tow. Thats towing. Maybe 10. So I gonna opt to not tow if I can. Its fairly nerve racking enough traveling interstate at 75 and WAY WAY more so towing a camper at 65. Its not undoable. I do it for World Cup. That about 10 hours. But most of that is not terribly high traffic area. And going south the roads are better. Going up into Richmond and beyond some of them stretches suck. But heck I might end up pulling the camper. We shall see when I check the Cabin thing out.

cphilip
01-15-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by logamus

yes it is important. the time has come to exact some punishment for the reconstruction!!!! dirty souf all the way!

You mean the "Destruction". I ain't seed no construction yet! I got a ball for Sherman! ;)

cledford
01-15-2004, 07:25 PM
Cabins!?!?!? Huh? What'd I miss?

-Calvin

Mango
01-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Wow! I am really going to try to make this.

hitech
01-15-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by cledford
Wow, that looks to be at least an hour south of Lexington Park -

I must be missing something. On map quest it looked like 10 miles south. :confused:

cphilip
01-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by hitech

I must be missing something. On map quest it looked like 10 miles south. :confused:

From my experiences in that neck o da woods 10 miles is One Hour... :(

1stdeadeye
01-15-2004, 11:01 PM
Wow. This place is in BFE. Still looks like fun. Now I have to decide between A-1 5 and this. Nick, Newt, Mango, Tuna, what do you all think?

Road Trip? This is about an hour south of my folks place so either a cabin or hotel!

kevdupuis
01-16-2004, 12:30 PM
No matter how much Deb and would like to be there, we just cannot make this one.

logamus
01-16-2004, 05:32 PM

You mean the "Destruction". I ain't seed no construction yet! I got a ball for Sherman! ;)

i just might give him a bouns ball or two, its not like he dosent deserve it!!!

Emily
01-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Enigma and I are so there.

Josh2Xtremes
01-17-2004, 04:37 PM
We just signed a new sponsor, www.flagpull.com, to cover the game and provide prizes, and I'm in negotiations with a major health club to provide some free memberships as prizes as well. We're going main-stream over here babe!
Josh

BobTheCow
01-17-2004, 07:45 PM
VERY cool, Josh.

*runs upstairs to check calendar*
*calls falconguy*

Man I'd LOVE to play in my first AO-day game defending the South!!!! :)

Xyxyll
01-17-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by BobTheCow63
VERY cool, Josh.

*runs upstairs to check calendar*
*calls falconguy*

Man I'd LOVE to play in my first AO-day game defending the South!!!! :)

Who says you're defending the south? The way I see it, you all should be saving the union!

BKpaint
01-17-2004, 10:09 PM
that cool

FreshmanBob
01-18-2004, 04:07 PM
Tom this is probably the best press that paintball has had, uhm ever?

Your the man Tom

tyrion2323
01-19-2004, 11:11 PM

Yeah, it sure would be a shame if all those slaves got freed...then you wouldn't have people to rape and work to death.

Python14
01-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Is anyone by chance passing by or through Roanoke, VA? Say on Hw 460/rt. 11 or Interstate-81?
I could really use a ride because my car is well....a poo car. So yea, if anyone is going and may be willing to give a small teenager a ride I'd really appreciate it. I can pitch in for gas too.

Xyxyll
01-20-2004, 04:54 PM
If I were headed through Roanoke, I wouldn't mind, but we're comin up from eastern VA, so it'd be a little out of our way. ;)

Good luck getting there though!

Python14
01-20-2004, 06:12 PM
Oh well, I guess(I hope atleast) that I will see you up there.

Anyone else? I missed the AOSE event, so I need to make up for it.:D

Oh yea, any word which side AO brigade is fighting for?

also, the free camping, Is there a limit on spaces or what? I'd like to camp(because I don't have alot of $$$) but worry that I might get pushed since it's just me.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-21-2004, 09:59 PM
anyone from il wanna gimmi a ride? just provide me a ride there and a ride back lol, don't worry about food or anything, i'll sleep in the dirt

Python14
01-21-2004, 10:06 PM
Word, we could have an "AO Orphans Camp-out". All the AO folks who are coming that are either just getting a lift from someone else, or are "loners" can get together and circle the tents.

er....or....whatever:)

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-21-2004, 10:36 PM
...ok i guess i'll be sleeping next to the campfire again
(we might need a fire estinguisher close by just in case)

Python14
01-22-2004, 09:13 AM
I'll be sure not to mistake my gag fire extinguisher for the real one.

*edit*
Still searching:):(

BobTheCow
01-28-2004, 09:30 AM
Anybody heard anything new about this?? Site still isn't updated... :(

momags!
02-25-2004, 04:38 AM
I must share the opinion of our great Southern General R.E. Lee. I simply cannot bear arms against my fellow Virginians! We must protect the Commonwealth at all cost against TK the aggressor and his band of misfit AO'ers.

.....CPhilip, we will fight the mans fight. May we fall with our face to the enemy!! I'm in.

tg ur 1t
02-25-2004, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by momags!
I must share the opinion of our great Southern General R.E. Lee. I simply cannot bear arms against my fellow Virginians! We must protect the Commonwealth at all cost against TK the aggressor and his band of misfit AO'ers.

.....CPhilip, we will fight the mans fight. May we fall with our face to the enemy!! I'm in.
uhhh...
yeah...
what he said
:D

cledford
03-13-2004, 08:47 AM
Any news on this ?

-Calvin