PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a ULE Mag...

Wierd-Guy
01-15-2004, 09:04 PM
Hi. I visit these boards now and again and really like the honest answers that seem to pop up a lot more than on PBN and PBE. I hate "get an angel" and "get a shocker" type posts. I need some explanation.

First off, I currently use an 03 Worr-Bladed Outkast Autococker and play on a novice tournement team. My cocker is fast and reliable, I really enjoy owning it. In addition to playing against upper end players I like to play some rec (I play with a pump) and Big Games from time to time.

My next gun is not going to be my last gun, I'm a pack rat. What I'm looking for is eather a gun to replace my Cocker as a main, the cocker would become a "back up" but would get about equal use. I would use the more scratch resistant of the two to play Big Games (I really only go to the MMG though, hope that changes). I could also just get a gun to keep as a tourney back up, Big Gmae gun, and gun to tinker with (I don't know enough about the E-Frame to tinker with my cocker anymore). I'm asking about the latter idea.

?'s about ULE Mag:
-Tourney legal?
-Have to switch carriers around too much?
-Does the Intelliframe also lighten the pull?
-Shots to a 68/45?
-Is the ULE body scratch resistant?
-Will a Halo double feed on the stock ULE detents?
-Can you remove the sweet-spotting on the trigger?
-Can you tinker with it too much?
-Has the tech video been updated yet?

Playing with one, how do you like it? Strongpoints? Weak points?

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
01-15-2004, 09:14 PM
?'s about ULE Mag:
-Tourney legal? Yes as long as the ref cannot sweet spot it
all you have to do is adjust your velocity
-Have to switch carriers around too much? at first you may have to play with the carriers after the o-ring has been warn in, but after that no

It allows you to use two fingers so sort of, but the ULT will lighten the pull to 15.0oz which is about half the weight of most stock electro pulls

-Shots to a 68/45? 15 per ci

-Is the ULE body scratch resistant? it can take a beating

-Will a Halo double feed on the stock ULE detents? I have no experience myself with Halo and ULE's
-Can you remove the sweet-spotting on the trigger? yes as stated before

-Can you tinker with it too much?Once you get it working there isn't alot to tinker with

-Has the tech video been updated yet? I dont believe so

Playing with one, how do you like it? Strongpoints? Weak points?

RRfireblade
01-15-2004, 09:15 PM
?'s about ULE Mag:
-Tourney legal?
As much as any other electro.

-Have to switch carriers around too much?
On occasion,not often after initial setup.

Shorter/Firmer ULT for lighter.

-Shots to a 68/45?
~1000+ for most.

-Is the ULE body scratch resistant?
Same as any other anno,so not very.

-Will a Halo double feed on the stock ULE detents?
Not in my experiance.

-Can you remove the sweet-spotting on the trigger?
Yes,less input pressure.

-Can you tinker with it too much?
:) Thats true of everything.

-Has the tech video been updated yet?
Not that I'm aware of.

Playing with one, how do you like it?
Xmag=my favorite gun.

Strongpoints?
Fast,low profile,easy to fix.

Weak points?
Efficiencys poor compared to most other guns,very large grip frame and battery pack.

Wierd-Guy
01-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the replies!

About removing the Sweetspotting by lowering the input pressure, do you mean just turn the volocity down? Will a 850psi Crossfire work well? The minimum I would like to run is 270feet per second.

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
01-15-2004, 09:28 PM
we are talking about lowering the input pressure of the tank

RRfireblade
01-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Input pressure like Monkey stated.

And I currently use HP crossfires on all my Mags with excellent results.

Jay.

PsychoBaller
01-16-2004, 12:20 AM
If you do decide on getting an ULE Emag... talk to Tunaman, he puts together crazy nicestyle TunaMax ones...

-baller

tyrion2323
01-16-2004, 12:39 AM
Answers to your questions!

-Tourney legal? Sure thing!
-Have to switch carriers around too much? Once your mag is broken in, you're good to go for life.
-Does the Intelliframe also lighten the pull? It shortens it, but doesn't lighten it.
-Is the ULE body scratch resistant? Uh...I dunno!
-Will a Halo double feed on the stock ULE detents? I'd get an egg, myself, but many people use HALOS
-Can you tinker with it too much? I don't think you'll even need to tinker with it once it's broken in.
-Has the tech video been updated yet? Dream on!

islandboi
01-16-2004, 01:23 AM
do you guys think the ule trigger kit is a very good upgrade over the stock intellifram one

Lethargic
01-16-2004, 02:42 AM
The ULT doesn't replace the intelliframe. The ULT replaces the on/off portion of the vavle. SO you can have both at the same time.

Chojin Man
01-16-2004, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Lethargic
The ULT doesn't replace the intelliframe. The ULT replaces the on/off portion of the vavle. SO you can have both at the same time.

I think he meant the ULT versus the pull and feel of the stock Intelliframe sear assembly(not even sure if the Intelli comes with a sear assembly). The answer: I dunno haven't tried out a ULT. I fired a Intelli and it felt just like a regular mag. Hope that helps.

Wierd-Guy
01-16-2004, 09:37 PM
How do you get the run-away effect? Like the 34 bps ones that "Jack and Coke" did?

cphilip
01-16-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Wierd-Guy
How do you get the run-away effect? Like the 34 bps ones that "Jack and Coke" did?

that should not be done because that WILL Make it tourney illegal. Which you already seemed concerned about. Not going to tell you nor going to encourage that. Its a malfunctioning marker when it does that. Deliberately caused or not.

Wierd-Guy
01-17-2004, 10:58 PM
Does a normal, well maintained one have a little bit of reactivity in the trigger?

Pullman
01-18-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Wierd-Guy
Does a normal, well maintained one have a little bit of reactivity in the trigger?

Yeah definitely. With a standard 850 PSI preset it snaps the trigger right back to the starting point. You get less of that if you install a ULT, but you then have a super light pull. So you can pick which you prefer.