PDA

View Full Version : stock barrel and autospirit OR freak system???

Deadpool3
09-10-2001, 05:44 PM
i have a stock rt pro and want to be able to shoot marbalizers, all-stars, and hell-fires. I don't really want to spend all the money on the freak so i was wondering if it would be better to buy an ss autospirit to use on the marbs,stars,fires and the stock for anything bigger? Or should i just invest my money in a freak system?

magmanpaintball
09-10-2001, 07:08 PM
get a lapco big shot and a lapco autospirit. the big shot is for larger paints and the autospirit is for smaller paints.

Deadpool3
09-10-2001, 07:10 PM
do you know how the spirit works on the paint i named above?

magmanpaintball
09-10-2001, 07:17 PM
all i know is they work great with marbelizers they are both very accurate with the right paint to barrel match

Fritzy
09-10-2001, 07:56 PM
Actually, I don't recommend tight barrels on a Mag. Mine have always shot everything equally well with a .688 or .689 barrel. All you really have to do is adjust your velocity if you move to a smaller or larger paint. I also find mags have a much greater tendency to chop with smaller barrels.

With my Autococker I do change barrel ID's, but only to stop "roll-out". This is where the balls roll right out of your barrel if they are too small. This doesn't happen with a mag because of the nubbins. Even with my Cocker, I use a .689 CP and just screw in the appropriate Lapco breech sizer for my paint (.685 or .683).

If you like your stock tube an autospirit would be a nice addition. They aren't too, too small.

Deadpool3
09-10-2001, 08:11 PM
k thanx, kinda surprising tho that no one has said anything about the freak yet.

Deadpool3
09-11-2001, 04:59 PM
anyone know if G3pb or countypaintball are good to do business w/?

Yama
09-11-2001, 05:08 PM
i order a lot from countypaintball. they have always been good never screwed up a order.

Fritzy
09-12-2001, 06:27 AM
G3pb is excellent. Terry is the greatest. I recommend his company with the highest confidence.

FeelTheRT
09-12-2001, 08:18 AM
i say

stock barrel (.691)
Lapco Big Shot (.689)
Lapco Autospirit (.686)

those are the only sizes you really need plus your only spending 100 bux and those barrels are alot more efficant than Freak.

Ityl
09-12-2001, 08:38 AM
Autospirit shot marbs really nice, until one breaks and it will not clean itself out. After playing the barrel game I would get a freak if you have the money. balls come in more than 3 sizes, and if you have an accurate gun you'll shoot less paint.

stormdancer88
09-12-2001, 11:58 AM
I would say buy a freak barrel system. You want to fire 3 styles of paint, it will fit all 3, it will fit up to 8 actually. You can also chaneg out your barrell if you want you could get 10, 12, 14 etc inch barrels for different games.

I have heard from all that have them that they add distance as well, mostly I like the fact that with a freak barrel you can shoot anything. You go to X tournament and no matter what they are giving you, you will have the right size for it. You can't beat that. NPS (National Paintball Supply) has good deals on them.

Just my two cents. Why buy 3 different barrels when you can do it with one that covers 8 different sizes?

Deadpool3
09-13-2001, 08:15 PM
the only thing that keeps me from gettin the freak is not so much the cost, but i just dont think i will use most of the inserts (i wouldnt mind paying if i actually used most of the inserts often). how many have you'll actually used? Is it worth getting the full set?

stormdancer88
09-13-2001, 08:33 PM
I have been to three practices/tournaments since a team member got it and he has used 3 different barrel insert. I would bet though that would mostly be it. We shot Team Colors, 32 Degree's and Marbelizer.

I am curious to see how much it makes up for especially bad paint and the size difference. If I could shoot a case of $35 Zap instead of the 70$ marbalizer the cost after 1 weekend the barrel would pay for itself.

Another guy at Cape Cod Paintball claims that the freak adds about 20ft. to his shot. The guy on my team hasn't noticed a difference - so if anyone hears about this, please let me know.

Bartleby
10-12-2001, 11:03 AM
the thing about buying just the barrel and one insert, and then upgrading with more inserts as you go along is this. The barrel and insert alone is around 130 depending on where you get it from. Yet then to get additional inserts you have to pay from 20 to 25 a piece. Even if you only use 5 inserts you've payed enough to get the whole freak setup. Infact, you've spent more, as many online stores are putting the freak on sale for a pretty fair price. The lowest i've seen is 189 plus shipping. do some shopping, look around and let us know what you mind. i'm lookin for a freak myself so if you can find a place that beats that price please let me know. and if you want to know where i've been lookin email me. Biensur22@hotmail.com