PDA

View Full Version : Threaded X-Mag Breeches

Jonesie
01-16-2004, 09:44 AM
Hey Gang,
I was driving home from work the other day, and gave considerable thought to the following idea. At the time, I thought it original, but after searching AO I discovered that someone beat me to it...

I did a search, and I can't find where this topic has been covered in the past 6 months, so I'm going to try to revive it.

I would like to see someone (Rogue, AGD, DataPimP) develop a centerfeed breech for the X-Mag that is threaded for Angel necks. Perhaps they could adapt the current design (which is already two peices) so that the neck is threaded Angel male, and the breech is threaded Angel female.

Since the breech/feedneck is already two peices, I would imagine this could be changed with a realitively minor amount of effort.

Aside from marginal costs which are intrinsic in any kind of product development/modification, I don't see how this could be a bad idea, but then again I am the one suggesting it. :)

This would allow the owner to select a clamping feedneck, the stock one (which is beautiful), or any other hi/low/no rise Angel feedneck they desire, including a gated neck.

Please let me know if you think this is:
A. A grand idea, and someone should pursue it immediately.
B. An OK idea, perhaps worth further pursuit.
C. A bad idea that should be dropped immediately. or
D. A horrible idea, for which I should be drug out back and whipped with a hose!

Thanks ~ Dave

RRfireblade
01-16-2004, 09:58 AM
It would be awesome but previously established that there isn't enough "meat" in the current breach for it to be threaded.

You'd have to mill a completely new one that matches the body milling (good luck) and doesn't get AGDE's panties in a bunch.

Jay.

Jonesie
01-16-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by RRfireblade
It would be awesome but previously established that there isn't enough "meat" in the current breach for it to be threaded.

You'd have to mill a completely new one that matches the body milling (good luck) and doesn't get AGDE's panties in a bunch.

Jay.

I don't plan to produce these myself, as I do not have access to the needed equipment.

I'll have to check out my breech when I get home, but I'm pretty sure there's a 1/4" of meat up there to thread. It doesn't take much, as the threads on an Angel neck aren't very "tall".

Huh?

Dayspring
01-16-2004, 10:06 AM
I vote option D just b/c it's you. :D

Jonesie
01-16-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Dayspring
I vote option D just b/c it's you. :D

This thread is really not going as well as I had hoped! :) SHOTGUN!

RRfireblade
01-16-2004, 10:15 AM
I think it was Manike,not for sure,but it was really not a question that there's not enough material there for that on the existing module.

Some one else may verify that.I'll check myself again.

RobAGD-
There is not enough meat in the feed module to allow you to thread an adapter in. I have talked to TK about this and that was the answer.

I have since does a little digging and Sent Tom a little something to look at that MAY allow the use of clamping necks, maybe GZ/STO or 2k2 Timmy threaded necks.

-Robert

There "may" be hope.;)

GT
01-16-2004, 02:27 PM
whynot use the factory centerfeed and send it to DOC? Chop the old off and rethread the new. IF there isnt enough material for threads then there sure is a high reisk of cracking modules with heavy hoppers, which to my knowledge has never happened..

wyn1370
01-16-2004, 02:31 PM
I would like to vote for A and D(minus the horrible idea part)

pito189
01-16-2004, 02:47 PM
I've been thinking about this too, but just don't have the money to approach any of the aftermarket people. You wouldn't even have to have the breech or the feedtube threaded. If roguefactor made a feetube that just had a longer neck that would slide down inside of the current breech that would work fine.

The feedtube now it just held in with two grubs screws. The tolerences would just have to be measured to make sure that they would fit, and the depth measurement would have to be exact.

GT
01-16-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by pito189
The feedtube now it just held in with two grubs screws.

no kidding? why dont we have more feedtube choices?

pito189
01-16-2004, 06:17 PM
I was looking at my buddies rogue neck he recently got, and I don't see why it couldn't be used by just extending the actual tube, and just leaving the threads off. :confused:

Come on Rogue I know you can do it!