PDA

View Full Version : cool scenario need opinions

coolcatpete
01-16-2004, 11:02 AM
Hey my local field that I work at is tring to organize a scenario. So how does this sound for a start. PLeae post if you wnat to come. There will be more info soon at www.ithacapaintball.com This is in Ithaca NY

SCENARIO DATE IS SET FOR MAY 15th, 2004. More details to follow but for now to get your appetite wet.....

Get set for 12 hours of fun! We’ll be hosting a Splaterzone organized, 12 Hour Scenario Game locally at the fields of Ithaca Paintball & Recreation. Splaterzone is an Illinois based company that has a great dal of experience hosting scenario games. Go to http://www.splatterzonepaintball.net/ to see some of the scenarios established by Splaterzone Paintball. You may also recognize the name from the Young Guns Amateur Tournament they host.

No need for long travels to Pennsylvania to get into a scenario. By popular demand we have elected STARGATE as the theme. This Extreme Fantasy Role Playing Game will include multiple team missions to accomplish key goals throughout the 12 hours which will allow your team to gain valuable points towards victory while attempting to find and assemble all the pieces of the STARGATE within the set period of time. We’ll be using over 80 acres of land to make this scenario exciting and lots of fun for the players. Players will assume certain team roles as assigned. Free products will be interspursed around the playing fields and given away before and after days play. A Stargate will be arected as will things like paint mine fields, etc. so it will be lots of fun to be involved. Bring yourself or a team, teams can play together!

Resources:

Camping on site will be available

Concessions on Site

Special Air prices

Low Paint Prices on quality Paint

Pro Shop will be open

Prizes, prizes and more prizes

Game Specifics:

Sign in starts at 7:00 am

Players Meeting 9:00 am

Start of Play 10:00 am

(Times are tentative and may change closer to the event)

Pre-Registration is encouraged. Applications will be available at store and on-line as soon as we receive them from the organizer.

More Information to come later! Certain proceeds to go towards a local charity to be named later.

coolcatpete
01-16-2004, 11:15 AM
Here is part of our airfield. I thought a picture may get people to post. (it works on me)

coolcatpete
01-16-2004, 11:44 AM
come on I need opinions
Pete

TheTramp
01-16-2004, 11:48 AM
It sounds pretty good. How many people do you generaly get at these scenarios?

coolcatpete
01-16-2004, 11:57 AM
well we alredy have a few groups so right now we should have around 70 people show for sure, but there will definitaly be more, and it depends on how much intrest I can create on all of the fourms.
Thanks Pete

fallout11
01-16-2004, 12:14 PM
Generally I'm a fool for any scenario game.
If I lived nearby (3 hours drive or so), I'd go.

Sounds pretty homegrown to me, though. Not to put anybody off or anything.
Might be interesting to hear how it plays out.

coolcatpete
01-16-2004, 12:16 PM
It is growing everyday so I will keep you updated.Pete

fallout11
01-16-2004, 12:26 PM
As a general rule, scenario games rock.
Even the worst of them have been fun, so I don't see how you could go wrong.

Big Ben
01-16-2004, 01:47 PM
Instead of just listing Stargate as the theme maybe write a little back story so people can get an overall idea of what will be happening and what teams will be trying to acomplish. Give some examples of missions and objectives, props, special weapons... How many different teams? It sounds like a good setting but to get people interested in the role playing aspect of it you will need more detail.

coolcatpete
01-16-2004, 07:51 PM
sure we will update soon thanks
Pete

coolcatpete
01-17-2004, 04:16 PM
should this move to meet and greet
Pete