PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me WALK!!!

purplemag
01-16-2004, 03:35 PM
Ok, got my baby back from AGD with the 3.2 on it. Now I played trumpet for a good 8 years, and know my two fingers are plenty fast to be able to walk a trigger. So I think I need some advice on how to setup the trigger to walk it. Like a good combo of magnets in the stack, how many turns out for the trigger travel adjustment? Those two should be it, I can adjust the magnet in the trigger I think after the other two, but I need help!!! Please!!! Help me guys!!!
-Justin
p.s. it is like the trigger is not coming back to the resting position fast enough (or maybe I am not moving my fingers far enough away???)

rikkter
01-16-2004, 06:03 PM
i had that problem, i could walk it plenty fast, but i felt i could do better.
right now i have 2 cocker 3way orings, and 1 magnet, and its a short crisp pull, and the trigger comes back quicker.
now i can really rip on it.

its not too strong, and not too loose

purplemag
01-16-2004, 08:33 PM
So is that everyones concensus with less magnets and maybe an oring or two? See I thought more magnets would snap it back faster? Might go try that tonight!
Anything else, c'mon guys I know some of you can absolutely rip!
Shot buffering setting?
Magnet Stack?
How much trigger travel?

rikkter
01-16-2004, 08:39 PM
more magnets will make it snap back faster, however, it'll make it harder to push the trigger. i tried, 1 oring 1 magnet, and the trigger was too stiff for my taste.
my shot buffering is on 4

purplemag
01-16-2004, 08:47 PM
yeah that makes perfect sense now, I can move my fingers lightning speed but when moving that fast they aren't pressing hard enough on the trigger, especially the bottom finger/loop.

rikkter
01-16-2004, 08:54 PM
well i like to hit the middle hump with pointer, and the lower end with my middle.
then its all in the timing, i can moves my fingers fast just my timing is off.
i did hit 16 on the chrono we use tho, so i can't complain

everyone tells me how sensitive my trigger is. i think its not all that bad, i guess compared to everyone elses

purplemag
01-16-2004, 08:56 PM
if you had to take a guess, how many wrench turns is your trigger adjustment screw? Like starting at where the trigger will not move.

rikkter
01-16-2004, 09:40 PM
dunno. but its like this:
http://www.rikkter.com/junk/trigger2.gif

however i think im'a make it a tad bit shorter

purplemag
01-16-2004, 09:42 PM
alright going to the workshop(dining room table) to fix my walking problem!

paintpiggie
01-16-2004, 10:40 PM
i say there's no real set setup for the trigger

got 1:1 magnets

it took me a while to get the real feel for my trig
tweaked the trigger magnet to the point where
i would always have accidents. it's nice
and sensitive. then i'd sit in my bed with my mag
and drive my roomie crazy practicing the trigger.

mmmmm, num.

purplemag
01-17-2004, 05:28 PM
My only words right now are "So that is what this thing is capable of!!!!!!!" I have now finely tuned the trigger to my fingers and this thing absolutely rips. 2 o-rings and one magnet. A little bit longer trigger pull, with the hes magnet set to fire right before the end of the stroke. Ropes of paint, I mean ropes, and yes after using a mag for like 9 years now, that is the first rope of paint I have ever shot. Thanks AGD, and all the people on AO for the help!

rikkter
01-17-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by purplemag
My only words right now are "So that is what this thing is capable of!!!!!!!" I have now finely tuned the trigger to my fingers and this thing absolutely rips. 2 o-rings and one magnet. A little bit longer trigger pull, with the hes magnet set to fire right before the end of the stroke. Ropes of paint, I mean ropes, and yes after using a mag for like 9 years now, that is the first rope of paint I have ever shot. Thanks AGD, and all the people on AO for the help!

ehe, good! glad i could help, but experiment with 3 orings and stuff, just keep experimenting til you find your ideal setup