PDA

View Full Version : And it came in a plain brown wrapper....

TAG
01-16-2004, 07:20 PM
We get the call a few days ago that Tom is sending out a present. Well he knew I needed some orings and other AGD goodies so what could it be?

The package arrives and.......
It's MY NEW TAC-ONE...woooo hoooooo

So...what gun I am using this season? My Rippin' azz RTPRO and MY TAC-ONE !

I am off to search for goodies to add to my mounting rails.

Massive thanks Tom....you ROCK !

pbguy888
01-16-2004, 07:22 PM
Sweet! Think you could get some pictures after you mount stuff on the rails?

Also do tac-ones come with ULT?

cphilip
01-16-2004, 07:25 PM
You rock BOB!!! You rock TOM

Sweetness!

Added on edit: Far as I know Bob your the first one to own one. Far as I know that is... A special honor I think.

kevdupuis
01-16-2004, 07:29 PM
Thats not nice teasing us when we have to wait a little longer for them to be available for purchasing.:( ;)

FreakBaller12
01-16-2004, 07:34 PM
so many people prolyl want to kill you to get that right now, lol, i'd watch your back buddy

nicer than i thoughted they turn out

try mounting a huge scope on it, it should increase the distance of your paintballs;)

TAG
01-16-2004, 07:39 PM
WOW.....I did not know they were not released yet...hehehe
Well...just so ya know this thing rocks. It does nto have the ULE trigger but it did some with a Level 10 kit. I had a spare ULE trigger sitting around so I might spend some time and put that in....if it needs it. So far the gun is pretty sweet.

As soon as I can talk my wife into getting the Surefire and the Gen3 for the rails I will take some pics. I really have never played scenario ball but this has motivated me. ;) What a sweet way to purchase guy toys. I can blame it on the new gun Tom sent me ;)

I think Im gonna go blast some fools at the Jan 30th big game at our local field. (plug plug plug..... http://www.24hourgames.com )

BTW....here is a pic of my other MAG....just incase anyone was wondering what I shoot.

Chojin Man
01-16-2004, 07:41 PM
So you got a tacone for free? Thats not fair:( Where's my free e-mag? Whats the serial number on that bad boy anyways?

RenagadeOfFunk
01-16-2004, 07:42 PM
The angel guy plays with mags....

...ironic?...
...strange?...
...i'd like to think so...

...well anyway i liked my old rt pro i had...
........"had"...

tony3
01-16-2004, 08:45 PM
I thought they were going to incorparate the body rail into the body:( I wish they would of covered up the back of the valve also, also an all black trigger would of been nice.

AutomagRT1483
01-16-2004, 09:10 PM
Are the for sale finally???? :eek:

p8ntball1016
01-16-2004, 09:21 PM
damn that is one nice marker. it puts the tac cocker to shame in too many ways to mention.

jayloo
01-16-2004, 09:29 PM
AGD strikes again.....

cphilip
01-16-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by AutomagRT1483
Are the for sale finally???? :eek:

Not that I know of. Tom commented just yesterday that the bodies came in and they had a milling issue and were sent back for retooling remilling to fix that. And I am guessing he snagged one out of an earlier proto because that one has anno does it not? ...And rigged it up. Using a regular mag rail I see. So if that the case its probably basicaly a late editon proto type body. Thats my guess on it. Just for Bob! :cool:

FutureMagOwner
01-16-2004, 10:00 PM
cool!!!!!!!!!!

they look better then i thought they would look.

so does this mean you will be recommending mags to everyone (except when you recommend an angel ;) ) the more good press the better! :D

SpecialBlend2786
01-16-2004, 10:07 PM
oh wow, that does look pretty sweet. What barrel did it come with btw?

cphilip
01-16-2004, 10:17 PM
From what I can see of it in the picture thats the new Cocker threaded barrel coming with the ULE RT pros. Its a J&J .690 barrel made for AGD. I cannot be 100% certain of that though. But I would suspect it would.

FutureMagOwner
01-16-2004, 10:30 PM
well the back of it looks like a stock cocker barrel or something cant see the front though so that doesnt help :)

e1ement5
01-16-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by RenagadeOfFunkRTPcf
The angel guy plays with mags....

...ironic?...
...strange?...
...i'd like to think so...

No, Bob is just like me, some call us gun whores, but I consider my self a collector.

Mini-Mag, E-Mag, 2003 SFL, IR3, 03 Shocker, PGP(94)

And a Boxer FreeFlow that no one wants to buy.. I can't beleve I bought the ... well never mind.

minimag187
01-16-2004, 10:38 PM
I really want to buy a tac one for scenario play =) Nice present.

BajaBoy
01-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
From what I can see of it in the picture thats the new Cocker threaded barrel coming with the ULE RT pros. Its a J&J .690 barrel made for AGD. I cannot be 100% certain of that though. But I would suspect it would.

it looks like the xmag barrels from the 2nd and 3rd batch

member#10,261
01-17-2004, 12:26 AM
I think I am the only one who dose not like the Tac-One.

I have to remind myself...X-Valve, Intelli, Alum. Body...

Yup I approve :)

But I don't see myself picking one up any time soon.

Jack & Coke
01-17-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by e1ement5

No, Bob is just like me, some call us gun whores, but I consider my self a collector.

Mini-Mag, E-Mag, 2003 SFL, IR3, 03 Shocker, PGP(94)

I'm the same why.

Yes, I started out with MAG's, but I'm an engineer, and I appreciate well engineered guns. That's what attracted me to AGD at first. However, I also enjoy seeing how different guns work and perform. No blind faith here. Nope.

First, 68mag, M98rt, timmy, emag, carter (pump), DYE matrix, next up... a walk on the darkside... mech cocker! :) muhahahaha....

congrats bob on your new TAC-ONE!

nate2k191
01-17-2004, 01:09 AM
it has Autococker treaded barrel? and Angel ball detent or something? does that mean no slide and lock mag barrel? and i donno what angel detenet is besides something that stops the paint from falling down the barrel... :confused:

Evil1
01-17-2004, 03:47 AM
The new gun is cool excect for the rail. I think a RTPro rail would look cooler on it.

Matt_mg
01-17-2004, 07:44 AM
i donno what angel detenet is besides something that stops the paint from falling down the barrel
it's also keeping you from double-feeding, not an issue with a mag since they can't chop ;)

cphilip
01-17-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by AGDFlash
The new gun is cool excect for the rail. I think a RTPro rail would look cooler on it.

Again....as I stated before. That one does not have the Rail that Tom was trying to make for it. Last time I saw the Tac One Proto it had a plastic mock up rail on it. It appears that the new rail is not finished and Tom built that one with a stadard Mag rail. So thats not the final design yet. It's a prototype as far as I can tell. I am assuming the final release one will have the new rail. But not certain. But it seems Tom built Bob a prototype Tac One there. And yes its cocker threads with Angel detentes as its all made from a Sluggo design sort of blank.

TAG
01-17-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by FutureMagOwner
cool!!!!!!!!!!
so does this mean you will be recommending mags to everyone (except when you recommend an angel ;) ) the more good press the better! :D

Actually I have always done this. A 1500$ marker is nto for everyone and the only other gun we recommend is the automag. Why? Durability and Reliability...the same reason we recommend the Angel.

Tom is a great person and he makes a great product. He has always made a great product and every store should take the time and effort to recommend his product. For a new player it gives them a high quality product and a wonderful price and for the more advanced player it offers a product that can compete with the high rates of fire needed to aviod the dead box and keep your other players alive. When you walk onto the field the gun works. That is important to many players today. Spending an hour in the staging area fixing the unfixable turns a great day of paintball into pure crap.

I get electro customers into our shop looking for a non electro backup all the time. The obvious choice is the mag. These new generation mags are outstanding in their performance and highly impressive.

On several occassions I have pulled out my RTPRO to show to the tourney electro players and they are completely blown away. A mech that you can walk? No chops? No battery? Super light?

I handed the gun to one of our new x-ball players and she asked if she could one during the season. Most of you know her as the TAG girl we use in our ads.....guys in our area know here as "that girl that bunkered me". ;)

Kudos to Tom and AGD for this new generation. They will definately be in my shop and I will recommend them as I always have.

Now....why do I use the gun? Same reasons above plus I consider Tom a friend and he took the time to reintroduce me to his excellent product by way of a B-day gift a couple of years ago. My RTPRO is light, fast, reliable and very...and I do mean very durable. Why would I not use it? BTW, I shoot and A4 for the same reasons I shoot my mag.

Every player on my new factory team said they would love to shoot these guns. This is coming from mostly the electro generation. Why? Because I took the time to show them how the gun performs.

1stdeadeye
01-17-2004, 10:33 AM
Wow!

Tom really outdid himself. Very nice BOX!:eek:

:p

personman
01-17-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by cphilip

Again....as I stated before. That one does not have the Rail that Tom was trying to make for it. Last time I saw the Tac One Proto it had a plastic mock up rail on it. It appears that the new rail is not finished and Tom built that one with a stadard Mag rail. So thats not the final design yet. It's a prototype as far as I can tell. I am assuming the final release one will have the new rail. But not certain. But it seems Tom built Bob a prototype Tac One there. And yes its cocker threads with Angel detentes as its all made from a Sluggo design sort of blank.

Actually, phil, as you can see on the box, I'm 90% sure that the Tac One is going to use the stock automag rails. I'm pretty sure the mock up rail was showing the carved rail that AGD said they were going to make, I think. I could be wrong, but why would they make such a fancy box with the wrong picture on it?

I think this is a sign that.. The one is near... dun dun dunnnn :p

cphilip
01-17-2004, 11:38 AM
You might be right personman. Although I can barely see it... not certain...But... They may have abandon the idea of the rail change. For some reason. And at one point they were out of mag rails and so this would indicate they had some more made then....It just was never announced that I know of that they had decided not to go with that mock up. I didn't notice the picture showed it that way. Good call!

I must say that I am a little disapointed though if that's the case. I thought they were commited to updating that rail. I think it needs it.

personman
01-17-2004, 11:44 AM
I never knew that AGD actually stated that they were going to use that rail.. I was under the impression that they were going to sell a carved rail seperately, and had a plastic mockup, and just threw it on the Tac-One for SCAO? I dunno..
The rail was defentally pretty cool, though. If AGD made it, I'd be torn between a RogueFactor rail and the carved one, mostly because the RogueFactor rail uses the RT Pro sear with closer tolerences and all.. heheh.
I dont know if the carved rail really 'fit' the Tac-One. Its great looking, nice curves, but when you slap that together with a blocky body, it doesnt work.
Errr.. actually, as I'm looking at my picture again, it does look very nice. I dont know what I was thinking?
http://server4.uploadit.org/files/241103-DCP01629.JPG

cphilip
01-17-2004, 11:55 AM
Well I wasn't going just by that. Because they said they were not certian they would go with "that" one. But they have said many times they were going to update the standard mag rail. With something. And they then ran out of old ones... and then we see that... and thats NO UPDATE....

see what I am getting at? No update. None. Not even a little tiny milling or nuttin.

madmatt151
01-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Hey person. Can I ask where i can get on of tose short vertical CA adapters that is on the TAC One you posted? Are they for sale anywhere? THanks.

cphilip
01-17-2004, 12:39 PM
Thats the new AGD one. I have a few of them in RT Pro thread style but not in single Mag screw style. But they are on the AGD store.

Go to and click on the "visit the AGD store" at the top of the page in the header bar and then click on "Parts" and then to "Parts kits and more". And you will find them there in parts. The Vert ASA's and the Bicycle grips too.

TAG
01-17-2004, 11:19 PM
man....you guys have some hardcore concerns over rails.....LOL

Long Live ThePPC ;)

cphilip
01-17-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by TheAngelGuy.com
man....you guys have some hardcore concerns over rails.....LOL

Long Live ThePPC ;)

We have such pitiful lives Bob.... thanks for reminding us.

:D

Load SM5
01-17-2004, 11:31 PM
It looked pretty good to me when I messed with it. Get a big ol' laser site for it.

You'd look good in camo paint.:p

Evil1
01-18-2004, 02:04 AM
I with you on this cphil. If Tom is actually going to keep the stock rail on the Tac that is going to ruin the look of the gun. That body is cool as hell. The barrel that comes with it is nice looking too, but that rail looks very out of place on that gun. And I also noticed Everyone referring to this gun keeps pluralizing detents. Does it really have dual detents?

TAG
01-18-2004, 07:34 PM
The one I have has a single detent.