PDA

View Full Version : Needed: Mag tech!

Lefty
01-16-2004, 08:53 PM
Looking for someone who is wise and can figure out what is wrong with my mag. I have tried everything but Memphis is not a big mag city and noone here can figure it out. Please help.

EDIT: click link in my sig to see it.

Lefty
01-16-2004, 10:40 PM
I forgot to specify that I'm willing to ship my gun to a shop and pay for all services.

cphilip
01-16-2004, 10:43 PM
You can get all the help you need in Technical forum.

I gonna move this there but go ahead and explain and maybe I can help you out.

Lefty
01-16-2004, 11:16 PM
I was more looking for a place to send my gun.

slushee
01-16-2004, 11:25 PM
I wouldn't sell yourself short! .. How many times have I posted 'exactly' what was happening on this forum and they told me step-by-step what to do ..

CPhilip is a technical genious who won't sleep until he fixes your problem :) (won't ya cphilip eheh)

That's what I love about this place ... so go ahead and tell us exactly what is happening and we'll start to provide you the answers you'll need ...

cphilip
01-16-2004, 11:33 PM
I am pretty sure I can help you if you tell me in detail what its doing and willing to follow some instructions.

Or you can send it to me and I take a look at it. But I prolly can save you some money and take a crack at it.

What kind of Mag is it? Valve and all... And whats it doing wrong.

cphilip
01-16-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by slushee
...who won't sleep until he fixes your problem :) (won't ya cphilip eheh)

The hell I won't!!!! ;) But I will follow up the next day for sure till its fixed!

Oh wait... this is not the Hyper frame you got in your signature is it? I not work on Hyper frame if its a hyper frame. If its the valve or something maybe.. but not Hyper frames. Not many will. I might can find you someone maybe. Not many will work on them though. They known trouble. Seems they work or they don't!

cphilip
01-16-2004, 11:50 PM
email me the situation Josh and I see what I can do. I going to bed now. But I will follow up and see if we can hook you up with a fix. If its the Hyper I think I know a few people that are up on those. If its something else I can probably get it running for ya. My email is down below.

slushee
01-17-2004, 12:45 AM
ah, didn't see that hyperframe thing ... the best person to PM is hitech for help with that ... TRUST me .. i know ;)

Lefty
01-17-2004, 02:19 AM
Thank you all. I'll be getting it back tomorrow so i can tell you exactly what is wrong with it. I know its not the Hyper frame because it worked fine with my retro but not with my x valve. More details tomorrow when i get my tank filled.

Lefty
01-17-2004, 02:22 AM
Oh yea, the only thing i have changed is the rail. I had it milled by CoolHand. Other than that, the gun is as pictured.

ChucktheMAGician
01-17-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Lefty
I know its not the Hyper frame because it worked fine with my retro but not with my x valve.
Sounds like it's gonna be a Level 10 or on/off problem.;)

Lefty
01-17-2004, 11:33 AM
Yup, I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to fool with the lvlX at work today and see if I can't get something working for me.

cphilip
01-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Lube the Regulator Pin assembly too before you even do anything else to it. Just to be sure we eliminate that thing sticking and messing us up. That has fixed 7 markers in the last week that changed from Retro to X valves just because it was dry and sticking. By the time they came here they had messed with everything else and we had to get back to square one. It might be just that simple. It often is.

But... if that doesn't then we know its eliminated and then we have at it. I check back later and see what you got. We get it fixed.

Lefty
01-17-2004, 11:15 PM
I didn't get my gun back, but I will check the reg pin tomorrow. Thanks for all your help.

Jason

GA Devil
01-19-2004, 08:27 AM
did you put the xvalve in then it wouldnt work? If so you need a ule trigger kit to get the hyperframe and hte x valve to work together right. It does work with the rt without the ule but not the xvalve most of the time. Put the ule kit in and all should be well.

Lefty
01-19-2004, 10:38 AM
I was thinking about that, but BlackVCG recomended that

This on/off assembly can fit but is NOT recommended for the following:

E-Mags w/ double o-ring top
Micro E-Mags
MiniMag AIR Valves
68Automag Valves
Classic Automag Valves
HyperMags
SmartMags

So have you tried this with you own gun to know that this is a viable solution?

GA Devil
01-19-2004, 10:58 AM
yes it is needed to work correctly. I had a discussion with Jon at waynes world about it while i was there helping him tech guns. We had that same case there.

Lefty
01-19-2004, 11:04 PM
cool, I'll have to order one. You are sure that is the problem right?

Lefty
01-23-2004, 09:50 AM
update: Waiting for my ULT to arrive. Got my new board from centerflag and its installed. I'll post more when the ULT gets here. Thanks again,

Lefty