PDA

View Full Version : Halo vs. Egg 2 vote now

soccer10lover
01-16-2004, 10:14 PM
Which do you think is better: the Halo or the Evlution 2 (Egg)

Vote now and state your reason(s)

Thankx

PaInTbAlLeR476
01-16-2004, 11:30 PM
Egg, reason - thats what i have:)

IWANTMOREMAGS
01-17-2004, 12:31 AM
Eggs are cheap and break way to easier. SLower Unless they have Zboard
Halos have lots of upgrades(can be good or bad depending on how big your wallet is) hold only like 140 balls

afrankart
01-17-2004, 08:19 AM
I don't know about anyone else but I can fit over 170 in my Halo. I have a Halo and an Egg2, on my viking with eyes, I can shoot much faster (without bouncing) with the Halo. Put some lithium batteries in a Halo and it will weigh just as much as an egg2

mark_426
01-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Egg all the way.. and they both look cool, not a revvy or tsa

good:
they hold more than a pod of paint
you cant really outshoot one badly without cheating
you can use it on an angel without mods
you dont have to send it back every week to odyssey
the lid is awesome
it has a switch!
its lighter.. but it balances to halo when you load it up
the balance is more towards the back.. i which i like

bad:
weak raceways (compared to halo)
more fragile shells (^)
slower
lid can be tough to use at first

halo:
good:
speed
shell durability
rip drive helps you clear jams, but you dont jam on an egg

bad:
has to be all but empty to put a 150 pod in
uses a pushbutton
heavy.. i could feel a difference compared to the egg
the one i used jammed a lot
cant use 9v's well ^

ok thats all

Doobie
01-17-2004, 11:16 AM
too simple an answer from me...I can't out shoot my HALO :)
Plus it takes a beating on slides :)

FreakBaller12
01-17-2004, 01:52 PM
i have an emag
the egg would look horrible on it so i went with the HALO although i don't and probably won't need the speed for awhile.
I wasn't going to get a 12v and then learn to outshoot it a month later. The HALO seemed sensible, it should be riding with me for awhile..

BajaBoy
01-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by mark_426
you dont have to send it back every week to odyssey

hmm.. what do with yours? use it as a football or something?:rolleyes:

ive had mine Well over a year and i havent had to send it in yet, and yes ive smacked it around Alot

mark_426
01-17-2004, 02:43 PM
software "upgrades"

using it as a football was considered after it jammed about 3 out of 4 times until I switched to the egg

Tony D.
01-17-2004, 03:01 PM
Egg, needing to get new ball detents so your loader works with your marker = teh ghey.

tony3
01-17-2004, 03:13 PM
egg, halos don't break that often but if they do it leaves a deep hole in your wallet, eggys aren't as durable but replacement parts are only a few bucks

afrankart
01-17-2004, 03:52 PM
Let's compare VL's customer service to Oddyssey's. Since at some given time they both will break.

yeahthatsme
01-17-2004, 04:57 PM
a halo with z software>an egg with z board any day. halos are built better, look better(imo), and odyssey has TONS better customer service compared to viewloader.

atm743
01-17-2004, 04:58 PM
i think that the evo 2 is better because i think that they are lighter and as fast as the halo b but the halo has its feedneck right under the hopper but the evo 2 feedneck is in front of the hopper. but i polled as evo 2!!:D

1ofkind
01-17-2004, 08:52 PM
Halo! Its a dumb question, 50 bps brust rate with all the garbage upgraded in it, Its impossible to out shot that. I chopped with a eggy before... and it just stopped working 4 months after I bought it, warrity is olny 3 months, omg I hate viewloader more and more everytime I remember that.

felony
01-17-2004, 10:25 PM
im lookin into one of these toys too..

whats he point of 50 shot burst feed if you shoot 14-15 burst/consistantly???? rather spend that 50 on a case of paint to actually play paintball the drop cash on something that costs more to do the same thing.

so the eggy does @ most 18 consistantly? ok great, at most i can do 14 consistantly.

When the next gen of markers are created and rattling of 50 rounds a second, I will be either

A) too old to play
B) scared out of my mind to step on the field

this isnt directed towards anyone, just cant justify spending 120 for something that can feed that fast. in many cases the eggy can do just fine, but thats my opinion

dan

demonguy8
01-18-2004, 06:31 AM
the eggs burst ROF does not excede gravity which at 11.5bps is easier to outshoot than one would think.... That being said, Ive NEVER outshot my halo, NEVER had it jam in game (i make sure the paint im gonna be using is halo friendly), And NEVER CHOPPED ONCE with the halo on my gun (thats without an ACE cuz i was too poor to afford it too)

Back when I had an egg however: The lid broke and was held together by superglue (which might I add did a MUCH better job of holding than that *poop* plastic)... ANY time I started shooting fast I outshot the cursed thing. And finally I have a GREAT picture of my egg2 NOT FEEDING on me during college nationals. (you can see me leaning out of a bunker to fire and my ENTIRE feedkneck is empty from it not feeding)

I will say the one saving grace the egg had was that I could fit an entire pod into it while still haveing enough paint to make sure I dont get bunkered... :( I cant say the same for the halo

UltimatePaintballer
01-18-2004, 04:41 PM
idk why we have these threads? its all about personal choice. they are both good but...

BAD:
EGG: only comes in 2 colors(three if you can find a smoke), lids is kinda hard to open.

HALO: takes 6 AA'S! if the batteries die your sht out of luck.

GOOD:
EGG: with z board is impossible to outshoot, well someone might be able to, but they will have to prove it.

HALO: force feeds the balls, neck is very durable so not easy to break.

1ofkind
01-18-2004, 09:03 PM
My eggy maybe fed 10 - 14 bps, I never saw 17(not y board though). These things are made by View loader aka brass eagel OK, enough said there. There customer service is pretty much piss off and buy another one and hope it works. If you want 2 deal with that for a hopper because of it looks better go ahead. Olny reason you should use a eggy is if your ball detent is weak, because the forcefeed will push past it and you'll get frequent double feeds, Or maybe if you are to impatient for an extra 30 bucks.

LeatherPants
01-19-2004, 01:02 AM
Here's my opinion based on that I own 3 Halo B 2 w/ Z code 1 w/ TE and 2 Evo II with Z boards.

Halo B-
Fast. But when shooting brittle paint still has a tendancy to blend paint. Pushes past detents on certain markers. I like the center balance of the hopper. Customer service is incredible. I've sent back the hoppers a few times.

Evo II Z Board-
Fast...just not as fast. Motor speeds up as paint drops. Holds more balls. May not be important for some but as a back player who frequently loads it's a plus to not spill over as much. Lock open lid is also a plus. Never blends paint.

Both are easy to take apart and put back together. Build on the Halo is better. Color is not an issue since you can always RIT dye a clear egg to the color you want (or clear halo) unless you are too lazy or plain dumb. Weight is not an issue since both are equal when full of paint.

If you really really think you need to shoot fast get the Halo B if not get the Evo II. I've been using the Evo II for the last couple of weeks just because it's easier for me to shoot one handed and load at the same time. Depending if i really need to shoot fast on the break I'll switch to the Halo B.

DiRTyBuNNy
01-19-2004, 01:55 AM
and LP shoots just as fast with his Egg as he did with his Halo...and less skipped shots and weird bps inconsistencies..

bryceeden
01-19-2004, 10:46 AM
I like the egg, but I use a warp so the speed isn't an issue, I think the egg fits on better, but if I was going to put my hopper on top of the marker I would go Halo.

tony3
01-19-2004, 11:31 AM
My main reason for liking the eggy is I don't like the balance of halos.

mark_426
01-19-2004, 01:23 PM
about what tony said, i like the balance back above your hand, it helps with kick, plus, unless you have an reloader:b, then the egg will be able to sit lower, the neck starts half and inch above the bottom of the body, and the halos is the bottom.

Nick O time
01-19-2004, 03:05 PM
more conistant than the egg and the egg is made by BE and can brake easier. i have had my Halo for about a year and a half and nothing has ever gone wrong with it. its the only loader i know that can keep up with just about any matrix. also i just can't stand a loader that is so far back.

logamus
01-19-2004, 03:15 PM
i voted halo because thats what i have right now and they are based in dallas. however, im not opposed to an eggy.

afrankart
01-19-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by mark_426
about what tony said, i like the balance back above your hand, it helps with kick, plus, unless you have an reloader:b, then the egg will be able to sit lower, the neck starts half and inch above the bottom of the body, and the halos is the bottom.

Having more weight over the back of the gun, there will be more noticeable kick.

You might be able to get an Egg shorter, but they feed better with longer feednecks, while the Halos do better with shorter.