PDA

View Full Version : What do I do?? (CO2 on mags)

Skoad
01-16-2004, 10:25 PM
Ok heres the problem. I'm back at school and planning on playing a lot but here is no hpa at all.

Can someone breif me on WHY you cannot use mags with co2, or even anti siphon co2? As far as i remember the reason is just because "you can't"

cphilip
01-16-2004, 10:31 PM
This is really a technical question....

You can. Just not RT valves. they suck straight outa the tanks regulated air for a brief second into them to get the fast recharge bypassing the RT's built in regulator to do that. That means they cannot use CO2 because they suck in about 800 + psi straight from the tank in this case maybe cold liquid or at least cold CO2 gas. A bit oversimplified but you get the idea?

bleachit
01-17-2004, 01:37 AM
if you have a classic valve, or equivalent, you should use a good x chamber, or a reg like a palmer's stabilizer. An anti siphon tank will help too.
The problem is, if you shoot too fast or play for a long time, the valve will freeze. This results in one long shot, then a short one, and it just acts weird like that.
when I first got my classic, I used it on CO2 without an x chamber, just straight to the mag's reg. After about 700 shots or so over a few hours I started having the problems described about.

TheDoveDecends
01-17-2004, 11:07 AM
remote lines and x chambers really seam to help..

The remote line makes it so you cant get liqiud in the valve (causes problems).. with these you should have no problem.

temps
01-17-2004, 11:24 AM
You can use co2 with classic valves, i run an anti siphon co2 tank and have not had any problems.

If your runing an rt valve then you can't.. I seem to remeber the reason being that the rt valves heat up and cause the co2 to expand causeing large (dangerous) fluxuations in pressure.

cphilip
01-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by temps
... the reason being that the rt valves heat up and cause the co2 to expand causeing large (dangerous) fluxuations in pressure.

Thats one thing that can happen but why the RT and not the Classic? Why would that not be as big an issue on ANY valve? Why is the RT so special that it cannot and should not run C02?

Hint: I already gave you the answer. ;)

the_next_guy_
01-17-2004, 07:24 PM
When I first bought my minimag, I used a remote line with co2 and it worked fine. You could also get a 3ft steel hose and coil it between fittings like in the AGD tech video:cool: