PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my mag?

Gundam V
01-17-2004, 01:57 AM
I finished building about three and a half months ago, but haven't had the time to post picks till now. PICS ARE BELOW; IF HAVE SOME TIME TO KILL, HERE IS A QUICK STORY OF HOW THIS RETROMAG CAME TO BE. I wanted to upgrade my first mag but ended up making a whole new one in the end. Here are the parts I bought in the order I bought them. I used an Eclipse Body Kit it has a red, black, and gold splash anodize. Next I acquired a Red ULE Body, after that I bought a Y-grip, X-Valve , and ULE Trigger Kit all at once. I wanted the Y-Grip in black, but they said that it would be a while cause they were on back order so they gave me a chrome one. In the end, the chrome worked out better than I thought. After that purchase I bought a Pipe barrel kit, I don't know why but some very reliable sources told me that the barrel kit was better than the freak. After I bought it and played with it, they were right it was much better than the freak I had for my mag. Than came a problem the dovetail on my drop forward was crapping out on me so than the next purchase I made was a CP drop forward, but than my friend saw a chrome KAPP foregrip extender and convinced me to get it. I thought that my perfect mag was finished, but than came another problem. I was beginning to easily out shoot both of my mags, the one I had just built and my other one. The other mag had an Intelliframe wired to my revy. So, I ended up buying a warpfeed for my Perfect Mag. I will say that it was expensive but well worth the money spent because I love to play with this gun to no end. Hope you enjoyed this little story.

The Deacon
01-17-2004, 02:06 AM
Nice, invisa-mag! That the new fiber optic camo? ;)

Gundam V
01-17-2004, 02:22 AM
Sorry, screwed up. I'll see if I can get this right.

Gundam V
01-17-2004, 02:28 AM
Let's try this again.

The Deacon
01-17-2004, 02:32 AM
Looking good! The invisamag would have been cooler though... :D

Normally I hate the forgrip extenders, but with the y, it's nice to have it extend out. Nice use of red and chrome!

Gundam V
01-17-2004, 02:41 AM
Thanks Deac, I'm glad you liked it. The time I tried to post this picture, it was to big to fit so I had to resize it to get it to work right. Although I would have to agree with you the invisa-mag would have been a great pic.
:D

Gundam V
01-17-2004, 02:44 AM
This is a pic of my mag with Jayloo's E-mag before he bought and installed his karta body.

PsychoBaller
01-17-2004, 02:57 AM
I guess the empty red Solo Cups suggest a bit of shenanigans... also the missing barrel bags...

But anyways, nice red Mag.

-da "safety first... ahhahah right" baller

Gundam V
01-17-2004, 02:58 AM
The mag ahead of the pack is mine, the one behind it is Jayloo's E-mag (pre-karta body), last but not very least is an X-Mag. The X-Mag belongs to a ref at Country Club paintball, his name is Keith McCormick. He is pretty much my mentor as far as troubleshooting mags. He taught me everything I know about them, and because of him I love and believe in AGD products. His X-Mag is unique because he always tries something different with it. I post a pick soon to show you guys a trigger he fixed in his spare time. Oh, I almost forgot; the red solo cups are the official Country Club automag stand, or so I believe.

:D

Gundam V
01-17-2004, 03:25 AM
Here is first pic, explaination in second pic.

Gundam V
01-17-2004, 03:31 AM
Keith sanded down the bottom lip and a little bit from the center, as well as the sides this made the trigger lighter and a little responsive in some way. I shot his gun before he installed it and after he installed it and that thing freakin' rips. I think he used a hand file for the task. Those of you who like to try things like this, I am not telling you to do this. If you do this and screw up, you better not complain to me about. This was done by someone who has been doing this kind of thing for a while.

IWANTMOREMAGS
01-17-2004, 12:18 PM
Wow, I don't know how much weight that job could possibly take of but it looks beautiful!

FreakBaller12
01-17-2004, 12:44 PM
those are some sweet mags

ahh watch out pentuim is gonna come after your buddy for the lx inside stickers;)

TraXeR
01-17-2004, 01:38 PM
I like that trigger job on the xmag, but in my opinion, with the clash of red and chrome and single color y grip and foregrip extender, it looks UGLY. Then again each to their own.