PDA

View Full Version : Markers on CO2?

Skoad
01-17-2004, 05:32 PM
Which markers can be run on CO2 as far as the high end ones....such as angels, timmys, viks, and all that?

TRIAD
01-17-2004, 05:35 PM
None of the ones you mentioned can be run on CO2. Impys and Shockers can, and low-end cockers (if you run anti-siphon and an x-chamber, still not a good idea though). When you get up to that level, you're looking at CA, and it's more than worth it.

poolshark5226
01-17-2004, 06:11 PM
usually they can if they have a third reg and an antisiphon...I know VIkings can, according to AKA

NJPaint
01-17-2004, 06:16 PM
03 shockers can't run on CO2, I don't know about technically, but a friend of mines team shoots all 03 shockers (5 of them) and all of their guns started malfunctioning when they used Scirmish's "air" (half air half CO2)

Skoad
01-17-2004, 06:32 PM
can't get hpa fills around here, thats why im asking.

CoolHand
01-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Hey man, how's school treatin ya?

Imps, Old Shockers, ANY Cocker (I do mean any), and any other marker that will operate at a pressure below 600 psi will work with CO2. There is no mystery here, pressure is pressure, you just have to make sure you don't freeze up your marker (more on that in a min).

I'm in the same boat as you are, since we are both out here in BFE. I run my FreeFlow on CO2 (shoots like a champ), my Imp on CO2 (runs like a champ), my Classic mag on CO2 (runs like a champ), and various other markers that are not "supposed" to run on CO2.

CO2 is like a surley woman, if you treat her right, she will treat you right, but you step out of line, and she's on you in a heartbeat.

Basicly, you want to set up your bottle with an anti-syphon tube, to keep as much liquid in the bottle as you can. Then you will need at least one regulator between the marker and the tank. Almost any reg will do the job, but I have found that the MaxFlo regs are second to none when it comes to keeping liquid out of your expensive marker. My second choice would be a Mac Dev Gladiator, I've got one on my FreeFlow, and it keeps the liquid out even without a tube in the bottle.

The only other stuff you need to consider is your lube, and how you hold your reg. You should use Dow 33 (exclusively) for any marker that is going to use CO2, because it will not freeze, or gum up your maker like oil will when it gets cold. Also, do not hold onto your reg with bare hands when you have a full bottle, as your hand is almost guaranteed to freeze to it.

Keep those few things in mind, and you will have clear sailing. If you run into trouble, drop me a line and I will walk you throuhg it, or do the set-up for you.

Skoad
01-17-2004, 07:29 PM
yes but will all these regs starve the marker at all? especially at high rates of fire?

Anywho, school is good, looks like the paintball club will finally start happening. Now we just need a field ;) and a place to fill my tank would be nice :/

CoolHand
01-17-2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Skoad
yes but will all these regs starve the marker at all? especially at high rates of fire?

The MaxFlos will not starve your marker, I have tested them to 16 bps (I can't shoot much faster than that :p ), with no porblems at all. The MacDev will take you up to 6 or 8 for sure (Mech Cocker, my fingers only go so fast :D ), but should be good to higher numbers.

I have frozen my hand to my vert Maxflo on more than one occasion, but never had any troubles during the game.

CoolHand
01-17-2004, 07:55 PM
. . . Now we just need a field ;) . . . .

Funny you should mention that. I just bought a Sup Air Field a few days ago.

Maybe we can work something out. :D

Skoad
01-17-2004, 09:51 PM
Oooo!

me like!

GT
01-17-2004, 11:14 PM
I had an eclipse shocker, man that gun is insane with co2.

It was common for me to run triplets across the chrono using crappy paint and the stock .689... if you want a gun that can shoot co2 the shocker is the one!

OT: ryan I got the shims, thanks a bunch. You talk to your anno guy yet?

headcase
01-17-2004, 11:29 PM
I've run one of my viking, and one of my first Timmies on CO2 with no problems. Both AKA and Bob Long recomend running an anti-siphon tank into a PPS Female Stabilzer, and then from the stab into the vert reg. In both cases you set the Stabilzer to around 500psi.

CoolHand
01-17-2004, 11:50 PM
This is why I love AO. :D

I once told a guy that you could run a Timmy on CO2 over at PBR I beleive, and I was instantly inundated with flamers and nay sayers (many of whom I suspect have never seen a CO2 tank before :rolleyes: ) who were utterly convinced that CO2 was the devil, and would instantly destroy any marker it was run through.

Very rarely (if ever) do I see people here turn on someone for bucking common knowledge.

AO - a cut above.

Just a pleasant little aside. :)

GT
01-17-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by CoolHand
Very rarely (if ever) do I see people here turn on someone for bucking common knowledge.

I was going to post that you can run CO2 on angels, but I am not sure how well recieved that would have been. You can as long as you take all the proper percuations.

GT

CoolHand
01-18-2004, 01:13 AM
Yep, I have done so (2k1 LCD), but the old LCDs ran at the very upper end of CO2's pressure range, so it can be iffy depending on atmospheric conditions. I heard that the new IR3s and A4's can run at like 350 psi, which is right in the range for CO2.

That's the only marker I ever sold because of peer pressure. :D

I couldn't stand the instant fan club I inheirited when I got an Angel. All those google eyed kids . . . drove me crazy. lol