PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Hyperflow. Need Help ASAP

dyst0pia
01-17-2004, 06:39 PM
Ok. So, I just got a new Hyperflow 420, and I installed it on my 68/4500 tank. I put loctite on the reg, everything. Today, I got it filled. I went to screw it in my A-5, and it worked fine. A couple air leaks since I installed a new hose, but nothing serious. However, as soon as I started to unscrew the tank from the gun, the whole top half of the reg came off. So, I had to hold the gun while all the gas shot out, and then I had to survey the damage. Here is a picture of the actual reg. It also looks like there is an o-ring inside it that has blown.

http://ilveritas.net/hyperflow.jpg

My question is, why would it do this?

Also, can I just replace the o-ring and loctite it back on, or am I screwed???

All help is greatly appreciated!

Eric Cartman
01-18-2004, 05:18 PM
Just my $0.02, but I wouldn't do anything without calling Centerflag first and telling them what happened and asking them what to do about it.

Good luck!

slushee
01-19-2004, 12:20 AM
Just to let you know, the tech guy's at centerflag arn't that swift .. i'd get ahold of a paintball pro shop/airsmith in your area first before I'd call centerflag for anything...

dyst0pia
01-19-2004, 10:44 AM
Ok. I asked my local airsmith, who told me to re-loctite it back on with the red loctite. I did that, let it cure for 12 hours.

I go to play yesterday at the local field, and it started to unscrew again when there was about 3k psi in the tank. So, I went and emptied the tank then took it off.

Manny, the guy on aftershock w/emag, who owns my local field, told me to try putting the green loctite on it, since he thinks that stuff is the strongest.

However, there seems to be air leaking from the bleed hole on the side of the reg. Manny said this is because the actually parts inside are dirty, so I need to clean them and put lithium grease on them.

Does all of this sound right to anyone?

I am going to go to the proshop sometime this week and ask the guy who works there (Manny's business partner) and see what he says about it all.

Any advice?

Oh yeah, with no pressure in the tank, I can't get that top bit to come off....like, it came off when there was pressure, but with no pressure, I can't get it off...any suggestions?

tasker89
04-06-2004, 03:29 PM
All of our regs are tested for leaks and output pressure before we ship them. That being said it is perfectly possible that the reg-top on your 420 was not installed properly...we make alot of regs...and sometimes it does happen. Give us a call and we will get you an RA number to have the tank and reg checked out. We may not be swift...but we do care about paintballers.

Adam (and yes...I do work at CenterFlag)