PDA

View Full Version : Dude I saw something totally messed up

1ofkind
01-17-2004, 08:40 PM
In a I&I sports mag I saw a "Lapco stainless steel barrel".
List price was 1045$, but listen to this, it was on sale for 950$. Uhh is something wrong here, or am I just uneducated?

Mr.mike
01-17-2004, 08:45 PM
they probably just mixed it up with a gun price.

laxkid
01-17-2004, 09:42 PM
hey in apg some nuckle head put a picl of a cnc xmag instead of an rtpro and is labeled as an rtproand is 500 in the paintballgear.com adds in apg it has been that way for the past like I think 5 issuse.

jayloo
01-17-2004, 09:45 PM
It's as simple as an editor screwed up.:p

Prezents
01-17-2004, 10:27 PM
They are idiots!!! I never bash anyone or company, but I&I are just a bunch of idiots. Especially the one's that take care of the eBay division.

-Tab
01-17-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by laxkid
hey in apg some nuckle head put a picl of a cnc xmag instead of an rtpro and is labeled as an rtproand is 500 in the paintballgear.com adds in apg it has been that way for the past like I think 5 issuse.

HEY!! i saw that too

QUINCYMASSGUY
01-18-2004, 12:10 AM
Unfortunately you can not hold them to that price, I majored in Business Administration and for Legal Studies one topic was misadvertising. If a company intentionally uses misleading claims or purposefully misprices an item to attract more attention, they are performing an act subject to penalties including fines. No, you can't say because you marked it like that you have to sell it, any company who does that is doing it to be civil and maintain your business, they are not obliged to.

However, if it is some lazy or unskilled webmaster who doesn't monitor his work... he's just a dope and subject to ridicule like this, especially if he doesn't notice it for months :)