PDA

View Full Version : Twistlock in Eclipse Body Kits

yippermag
09-10-2001, 09:51 PM
I'm sure many of you have Eclipse Body Rails. Do the Eclipse rails come with the Twist-Lock Barrel Pin in them or will I have to remove mine from the stock rail? If so, how?? Thanks, and please email me with the answer if possible.

Xzion
09-11-2001, 10:09 AM
When I got my Eclipse body rail, it did not have a twist lock assembly, though you can use a male fill nipple and slip the one end over the barrel lock pin and use a press to push the pin into the rail, as mine at least was a rather tight fit, but that method seemed to work well. Id also suggest you just pick up another twistlock assembly from AGD as theyre in there pretty tight, would save you a bit of hastle, and that way you'd have a completely functional rail on hand. you can pick up twistlock assemblys from AGD for like $8.00.

alf
09-14-2001, 06:50 AM
Yippermag,

I popped mine out. I had a 2x4 with a hole in it, put the twist lock assembly over that hole, found a little brass hammer used in gunsmithing and tapped it out.

Xzion is right, they are in there pretty tight. They are MUCH looser in my eclipse body rail.

Did you also get the ASA adapter from them? You'll have to get longer screws if you did, since Eclipse doesn't provide them.

-alf