PDA

View Full Version : Nitro Tank Leak

Alert
01-17-2004, 09:56 PM
I filled my tank to about 2500-2550 psi and over the course of about 2 weeks it has droped to about 2400-2450. Is this normal? If not what should I do to stop it?

E r y k
01-17-2004, 10:00 PM
is it still dropping?

after you fill your hpa tank, it should settle...

when i get my tank filled to 4500... it settles at around 4300 when i leave it there. and stays there

if yours is leaking constantly, then i would get the valve pin checked.

Alert
01-17-2004, 11:29 PM
As of a few days ago it was, it is so slow its hard to tell. How long does it take for it to "settle" as you call it? How should I go about checkign my pin valve? Couldnt it also be the fill valve?

E r y k
01-17-2004, 11:36 PM
it starts dropping immediately after you get it filled...

then it stabilizes and will stay there...

is your tank still dropping?

yes, it could also be the fill nipple oring inside... it could be cracked causing a leak.

warning: never oil the fill nipple oring, nonetheless the whole fill nipple... it can cause flash fires.

as for checking for leaks... im not sure,

maybe you can get a dab of water and put it around the fill nipples threads/pin valve to see if it bubbles... if its bubbling, then that means its leaking.

----

most likely you wont see anything since it only dropped 100psi over a week, that is very small...

Alert
01-18-2004, 12:02 PM
I tried the bubbling trick and didnt see anything. Is it possible the temperature change could cause this? The garage is abotu 20* cooler than the house. I feel like an idiot now but this may be the problem. I brought it inside about 10 min ago and put it on our house heater vent (not extremly hot, like a fan blowing air on a warm day) and the guage is reading about 2500 again. I believe this may be the problem, if it is I feel stupid...

I will leave it there and try to report in 20 or 30 minutes before my match :)

Thanks again

Alert
01-18-2004, 12:24 PM
It is the temperature, sorry I didnt think of this before and thanks for your help. :)