PDA

View Full Version : x-valve?

TheTomBomb
01-17-2004, 10:29 PM
Why can't the x-valve run off CO2. It isn't electro, its mech. So why?

jayloo
01-17-2004, 10:34 PM
Good question...I buddy of mine put co2 on his emag and it shot about 10 times and then just stopped working.

Not sure exactly why though.

You probably should have posted this in the techie forum.

RRfireblade
01-17-2004, 10:39 PM
In simplist terms,it recharges to fast.

TheTomBomb
01-17-2004, 10:52 PM
So wait, just b/c the valve charges too fast, it can't use CO2?

RRfireblade
01-17-2004, 10:54 PM
Basically it recharges faster than CO2 can expand,since the design of the R/T allows it to recharge so quickly by initially bypassing the reg,that is a bad thing and cause for the many problems.

cphilip
01-17-2004, 10:58 PM
RR is right. And how it does that in rather interesting. For a split second there is a passage where the tanks pressure is allowed into the chamber bypassing the RT's internal regulator. This is what makes it charge so fast. It takes, for example, 850 psi in for that brief milliseconds(s) rather than 450 psi regulated by the back half of the valve. And if it was to take in a gas with expansion charictaristics like Liquified CO2 that fast and that directly it would expand in there after not before and might cause a huge pressure spike. Plus flowing through there in a frozen liquid state. Makes things warp and break and all that. So a stable gas like High Pressure air will not do that. So its fine. But CO2 does not behave like that. So its not safe for flowing in that fast and that directly like that. The RT valve recharges SO FREAKIN FAST because of this little bypass feature even with air it heats up a little. But at least not that much.... But the RT valve is like instantly back to pre shot pressure. I mean instantly! Because of this bypassing and using a little tank pressure air. This is also what pushes the trigger back forward as well. This little shot of higher pressure air.

TheTomBomb
01-17-2004, 10:59 PM
So I guess an expansion chamber won't help uh?

cphilip
01-17-2004, 11:02 PM
Yes... it will help... but not enough.

RRfireblade
01-17-2004, 11:08 PM
Yeah,discussed this with ARMY once and he said he couldn't use CO2 even with a coiled remote and expansion chamber.

cphilip
01-17-2004, 11:12 PM
Maybe a ten foot remote, 8 chamber expansion and a palmer stablizer? :D

RRfireblade
01-17-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by cphilip
Maybe a ten foot remote, 8 chamber expansion and a palmer stablizer? :D

Better yet,a HPA tank inline between the CO2 and the gun.;)