PDA

View Full Version : New 68Classic

Cheat71
01-17-2004, 10:35 PM
I just got a classic and i wanted to know what upgrades are good and which are bad. Do bolts make a difference, because w/ spyders they don't. Im planning on getting an intellifeed Blade Trigger Frame. New valves don't really interest me because I can't get n2 filled close by and my parents dont like to drive. I have to wait a year so when i can drive I can actually get n2 filled. So the next best thing for me is an anti-siphon tube but I heard level 10's aren't good with any kind of c02.

Magluvr
01-18-2004, 12:43 AM
I would recommend first off to get something to keep the liquid out of the gun. Options are: Expansion chamber, siphon tube, or regulator (make sure that it is High Pressure and can take CO2 (my personal recommendation is the Palmer stabilizer)). Now that you no longer have to worry about the liquid, buy the Intelliframe, and if you still have money that needs a new home buy the level 10 bolt. The level 10 bolt runs fine with CO2, I had to run CO2 for a long time in my mag. (The level 10 will start acting up at the same time the mag acts up if it gets too cold and sips some liquid. As long as liquid stays out neither will make you mad.)

Have fun! Play hard! Show people what mags are made of!

Note: I was looking at your sig when I saw that you were thinking about getting the Dye Hyper Reg for the mag. BAD idea. The Hyper Reg only goes up to 450 psi, this is the bare minimum pressure you should let into any mag. Why? Because the mag meters the air pressure down to 400 psi. With that small of a difference (50 psi) you will be creating a bottleneck between the reg and mag. The gun won't be able to recharge very quickly resulting in drop off at about 6bps. (I know this because I once thought I could turn down my Stabilizer. That game wasn't very fun.) Moral of the story is get a reg that can at least go up to about 500 psi. (500 psi happens to be where my gun performed the best, keeping out liquid without starving the mag.)

Good luck!

Cheat71
01-18-2004, 09:59 AM
Im trying to sell the hyper reg and buying ups or a rico ak

Echez09
01-18-2004, 10:18 AM
I would go with the stabalizer and a remote line, that should prevent liquid from getting into the valve.

tony3
01-18-2004, 10:29 AM
Personally, I wouldn't suggest a mag to you. Save up some more and find a used impulse, you can find a nice one for 300-350 and they run awesome on co2. Mags are kind of picky on co2.

edit: where is illinios do you live? All fields and shops around here fill nitro tanks

Cheat71
01-18-2004, 12:27 PM
i live in park ridge

Cheat71
01-18-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Cheat71
Im trying to sell the hyper reg and buying ups or a rico ak
bah! Remote line, BAD, they get tangled

Magluvr
01-18-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by tony3
Personally, I wouldn't suggest a mag to you. Save up some more and find a used impulse, you can find a nice one for 300-350 and they run awesome on co2. Mags are kind of picky on co2.

The choice is up to you. But as long as you take the precautions, which you are currently doing you will have no problems with the mag. I can't say anything good or bad about a impy because I have never had one, however I personally don't like having to deal with electronics at all. Mechanical is King. (A mag is very simple, all you ever would have to do is change an oring, no electric things to deal with. Also very very durable, its stainless steel construction for golly's sake!)

Lee
01-18-2004, 06:37 PM
tipmann expansion chambers work great, are relatively inexpensive and not much bigger around than some foregrips on the market. i would also reccomend anti-siphoning your co2 tank as well. i ran co2 with that configuraton for sometime with no problems.

if you do run a remote, get a braided stainless steel line. they don't tangle on stuff much and if they do, a good tug usually frees it up. a buddy of mine used to use one playing in palmetto bushes alot, and had very little tangling problems.

i never ran a level 10 on co2 other than tinkering to see if it would work and i saw no issues once it was installed.

enjoy your new toy!

tony3
01-18-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Magluvr

The choice is up to you. But as long as you take the precautions, which you are currently doing you will have no problems with the mag. I can't say anything good or bad about a impy because I have never had one, however I personally don't like having to deal with electronics at all. Mechanical is King. (A mag is very simple, all you ever would have to do is change an oring, no electric things to deal with. Also very very durable, its stainless steel construction for golly's sake!)

Imps are of a simipler design then mags imo. Imps are blowbacks with a ram replacing the main spring and hammer, and then they got a noid to recock them. Very simple to understand. And you never have to deal with electronics, unless plugging a 9v in is to hard for you? Or maybe holding down an on off switch. Imps are simple guns and extremely reliable if you take some time and properly maintain them

$tevo
01-18-2004, 07:39 PM
i think he should be fine with his mag. mags are very customizable.

bolts do make a difference, you should get the Lvl 10 bolt kit. it eliminates chopping

valve: when you get the money, you can buy an Xvalve(RT valve that comes with Lvl10) its costy but worth it i hear

Trigger frame: they make several, agd makes the intelli and y-frame, at www.logicpaintball.com you can get a space frame.

Bodies: agd makes ULE bodies, they are awesome, very light. you can get cut and carved bodies from nicad, you can see some of his work around here like the karta and dallara.

Nitro: for a preset you cant go wrong with a high pressure crossfire, great tanks. for a adjustable many people like the flatlines but they are kinda costly. air america makes good adjustable tanks.

Cheat71
01-19-2004, 09:57 AM
what about the ans bolt, is it any good?

tony3
01-19-2004, 11:33 AM
yeah, they are as good as the stock bolt......