PDA

View Full Version : Funny Story?

hostage
01-17-2004, 11:53 PM
Well my roomates and I have this friend who is kind of wierd, he reminds me of the character that Jim Carry protrayed on the movie Cable Guy. We would review over these old answering machine messages and they would all be from him, saying "hey kelvin, pick up man i am going to come over in a bit". and a lot of messages simular to that. He kind of bugs us, so we decided to pull a prank on him.

The prank was to redo the away message answering machine. My g/f says the basic answering machine message, "You have reached, blah blah blah..." Then I come in and say "Hello Alex?...one second" Then my roomate Kelvin says, "hey alex...(laughs at him)...and says leave a message alex". Well he fell for it, about 30 minutes after we made it. :)
-Doron

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
01-18-2004, 12:03 AM
So he left a message or what I am confused

hostage
01-18-2004, 12:07 AM
basicly he calls the answering machine and thinks he is going to leave a message then he hears "hello, alex?" he thinks i picked up, but it is still part of the away message. so he basicly starts talking to the answering machine.
-Doron

MayAMonkeyBeYourPinata
01-18-2004, 12:12 AM
Ohhhh:D

thats some funny stuff, makes me feel smart even after not getting it

hostage
01-18-2004, 12:13 AM
lol well I guess you had to be there. I would give yall the number, though I don't want my roomates being bugged by the answering maching going off all day :)

1stdeadeye
01-18-2004, 12:16 AM
Eh?

I heard funnier. Clever maybe...Funny? Not really.

-Carnifex-
01-18-2004, 12:25 AM
It's funny, just not haha funny.

Bad_Dog
01-18-2004, 12:54 AM
lol well I guess you had to be there nope... I know exactly what your talking about... although I was the one talking into the answering machine:mad:

graycie
01-18-2004, 03:21 AM
reminds me of when answering machines came out and people would talk to the machine for a while, before realizing it was just a machine after it beeped.