PDA

View Full Version : Nos+emag=ebay

FreakBaller12
01-18-2004, 12:38 AM
you guys check this out
an emag running on NOS?

i guess it makes your gun go 10x further

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3654984175&category=47252#ebayphotohosting

68magOwner
01-18-2004, 12:43 AM
ACI 68CI/4500PSI Fiber-Wrapped Tank with Bulldog II Preset Regulator <- quote from link, its not NOS

ramennoodles
01-18-2004, 12:47 AM
68, guess you didn't pick up on the sarcasm, eh?

-Tab
01-18-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by ramennoodles
68, guess you didn't pick up on the sarcasm, eh?

lol, guess not

tony3
01-18-2004, 12:53 AM
im totally getting some nos stickers

GT
01-18-2004, 12:55 AM
That is tight, yO!

Lord_Whoopass
01-18-2004, 02:12 AM
Man I heard that you can rip about 50bps with NOS...:D Only problem is that if you do it for too long your reg piston will come flying out and nail you right in the forehead... :eek: :rolleyes:

IWANTMOREMAGS
01-18-2004, 11:14 AM
LOL. I like cracked up and spasmed when I read that. Is that a sticker? If not I want a tank like that. Just because it says NOS.:D

Hasty8
01-18-2004, 11:40 AM
NOS can be used inplace of HPA. Atleast N2O can. NOS is vust the name of a manufacturer. N20 is a nonflammable, pure gas, two things HPA are not. Depending on the quality of the filters used at the air compressor (if any are used at all) HPA will have billions of microscopic particles that will scratch and damage you more fragile components such as rings and delrin bolts. N2O has no such particles as it is a manufactured gas.

Performance wise there is basically no difference between HPA and N2O. Financially wise there is a huge difference.

N2O is only used by the really anal retentive players out there.

Anyway, what's so funny bout the sticker? I have NOS floormats in my 98 Dodge Caravan.

personman
01-18-2004, 12:21 PM
HAhahah
Sorry, Hasty8, but you are entirely wrong.
Have fun running nitrous in your gun, I prefer to use compressed air, or NITROGEN (which makes up around 80% of air if I'm not mistaken, so there isnt much of a difference.)

PolishSausage
01-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Hasty8
NOS can be used inplace of HPA. Atleast N2O can. NOS is vust the name of a manufacturer. N20 is a nonflammable, pure gas, two things HPA are not. Depending on the quality of the filters used at the air compressor (if any are used at all) HPA will have billions of microscopic particles that will scratch and damage you more fragile components such as rings and delrin bolts. N2O has no such particles as it is a manufactured gas.

Performance wise there is basically no difference between HPA and N2O. Financially wise there is a huge difference.

N2O is only used by the really anal retentive players out there.

Anyway, what's so funny bout the sticker? I have NOS floormats in my 98 Dodge Caravan.
Wrong, wrong aaaaand wrong

Ginjiroku
01-18-2004, 12:55 PM
That is a sticker on the tank, I sould get one it's very cool. HPA and Nitro are the same thing or close enough to be considered the same thing. You cant run nirous meant for automotive purposes through a paintball marker. But Hasty8 WAS right when he said
NOS is just the name of a manufacturer:D

logamus
01-18-2004, 01:10 PM
im going to run mine with hydrogen. that gas is super light so i will have fewer ball breaks. it will also make the ball travel farther because there will be less drag due to the smaller molecular size of hydrogen.

:)

FalconGuy016
01-18-2004, 01:27 PM
Hydrogen logo? you mean N2?

btw, whats wrong with hasty's post?

CoolHand
01-18-2004, 01:43 PM
N2O is flamable, which is why it makes a good fuel addative. Basically its a fuel (nitrogen) that carries its own oxidizer (much like methane, or nitro propane). That is why NOS injectors are like free horsepower on a car. You spray that into the intake, and you are adding fuel, and the oxygen to burn it with, with out having to change the displacement of the engine, or adding a super/turbo charger.

It requires a fairly high temp to break the bonds between the N2 and the O, but when it does, look out.

In paintball, you wouldn't be anywhere near that temperature, but the simple fact that any oxide of nitrogen is highly toxic in the right quantities (its not as bad as NOx, but still letal in the right doses), should be enough to keep any paintballer with a double digit IQ away from the stuff.

-=Squid=-
01-18-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by FalconGuy016

btw, whats wrong with hasty's post?

Almost everything. The few places that fill nitrogen, not compressed air, dont fill N2O, they fill N. N = nitrogen, N20 = Nitrous Oxide.

N20 is used in cars ;)

N is used in SOME paintball guns ;)

And if he MEANT nitrogen and not nitrous oxide, he is still wrong about many things... You cant and wont ever tell a difference between Compressed air and nitrogen.

Mister Sinister
01-18-2004, 04:42 PM
Theres more to it than that. Nitrous when compressed is liquid the same as CO2. Most of the time the pressure in a nitrous bottle is only about 700-800psi. Just like CO2 when you run it the bottle chills. Thats why you use bottle heaters to try and get the liquid to turn to a gas before it gets into the engine. The nitrogen in the nitrous is not a fuel. Its not even listed as flammable with the DOT, its listed as an oxydizer. The whole trick to N2O is that its 33 percent oxygen unlike the air that we breath which on a good day at sea level is around 19. For any given amount of nitrous you can add more fuel to it than you can with air. Thats where the extra horsepower in a car comes from. As far as paintball is concerned its doesnt really have any application. Ok sorry for the rant I'll get off my soap box now.