PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag Operation Idea

sneakyhacker420
01-18-2004, 10:20 AM
i don't know if this would make the e-mag any faster, or make the battery any smaller, but i have an idea as far as the e-mag firing solenoid goes

i got this idea while cleaning my timmy gripframe last night

would it be possible to have a smaller solenoid mounted in the e-mag gripframe... a simple 2-way solenoid like the indimidators, yes, air would run through it

then you would have a pneumatic piston in place of the big old e-mag solenoid, and have the solenoid hoses connected to the piston

therefore, the mag would be fired pnuematically, rather than electronically

the smaller solenoids can operate just fine off of a standerd 9v

this would take away the need for the jumbo e-mag battery and solenoid, but it would also implicate the need for an LPR to save the solenoid from the 800psi that mags have always loved

just an idea that i came up with, i truly dont know if its a feasable task to make it work, but i have faith in it

FragTek
01-18-2004, 10:23 AM
It could possibly work I guess... With the proper rigging and assembly, along with a new rail that would allow for an LPR of some sort....

RRfireblade
01-18-2004, 10:36 AM
Pnuematic mags have been and are still being done.Yes,it does work.Won't really make an Emag any faster,it's plenty fast enough already,but is a neat little mechanical Mag project that if done right,will compete pretty easily w/ many other electro markers.

There was a thread on them going here yesterday,how'd you miss it?;)

Here you go.....
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=120419

sneakyhacker420
01-18-2004, 10:45 AM
i wast at work yesterday

once i get somewhere with mills and whatnot, im definitely determined to make this idea worked... say 3 or 4 years :(