PDA

View Full Version : Problem with classic 'mag

joeyjoe367
09-11-2001, 03:42 AM
Hey all..

a few weeks ago, a friend of mine and I went out to play some paintball, however his classic 'mag was having some problems. I need a little bit of help here. Let me describe what happened..

Okay, we fill the 20 Oz Anti-Siphon tank (we have a PMI expansion chamber on there too), and toss it onto the 'gun. It gasses up just fine. However, when we get it chronied, it's shooting @ nearly 500 FPS :( the refs were pretty suprised.

Anyway, after tinkering with the velocity adjuster for a while, we couldn't get the shots below 350... and not even consistant then. Some of the shots would hop right back up to 450 fps... Then the 'gun started to leak out of the back. I'm not sure what caused it, but I was able to stop the leaking. Anyway, the shots were 'still really hot. As I kept tinkering with it, it started shooting in full auto, and then leaking out the front of the 'gun.

He ended up using someone else's gun for the day, so it wasn't a complete loss, however, He'd like to get it up and working in the next few weeks.

I tried disassembling the 'gun, and replacing some of the seals, but nothing seemed to help.

It also had a problem with kicking out the tank o-ring after you unscrew the tank. It would end up @ the base of the "neck", if that's what you want to call it, of the tank.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Mag89
09-12-2001, 03:44 PM
Replace the regulator seat!!!!!!

Mag89
09-13-2001, 03:02 PM
What caused the gun to go full auto is that the part of the sear or trigger rod is rounded and it won't catch the bolt.