PDA

View Full Version : My friend is cursed...lol

punkncat
01-18-2004, 06:51 PM
I traded a buddy of mine my Gen X 3 for his brand new RTP w/ the X valve.
The Gen X was a little over a year old but was taken such good care of that it may as well have been new.I never had a single problem with it.
The RTP was a door prize from a scenario that he went to , and from the day he gassed it up , he had trouble with it.Varying leaks and basic break in problems associated with the lvl 10.
I hadn't played with the GX3 in months and decided to trade and try at fixing the RTP.I was able to sort all its problems out within a few times messing with it.
Anyway, upon getting the GX3 my bud has beeh having a great deal of trouble with it , due to short stroking and general unfamiliarity with the cockers nature.
I feel so bad for the guy and I can tell he is discouraged , like he has some curse on him or something.
What is really a trip is that everyone tells me I am crazy for making the trade.Cockers are the popular thing here for now and everyone is getting one again.
I just love the fact that the mag is so much smaller , and although I never really had chopping problems with the cocker I just know that now I can't.
Here are a few pics of the markers we traded.

punkncat
01-18-2004, 06:57 PM
And here is the RTP after I took off the rails.
I am waiting on the ULE body to get here....

punkncat
01-18-2004, 06:58 PM
forgot the pic....

triggerman
01-18-2004, 07:00 PM
tell him to get a hinge frame and that should help a lot with the short stroking problems. and you can get em dirt cheap cause everong is getting an e blade and selling there old hinge frame. O and the people that say your dumb are fools. lvl 10 never chop again.

punkncat
01-18-2004, 07:05 PM
He is actually looking into getting an Eblade himself.
That thing will be awesome then, I just couldn't free up enough of my paintball budget to do it.
I like owning a few markers rather than just one...

Beemer
01-18-2004, 08:13 PM
Are you still his buddy after that deal. Does he wish he could trade back?

sneakyhacker420
01-18-2004, 09:03 PM
don't bother with an e-blade or worrblade, they are inferior products

go with a raceframe, they were here first, and they have gone though many more improvements than the e-blade has

i'll list a few positives about the raceframe

-computer interface (can upgrade software)
-rechargable battery option
-accepts standard .45 grips
-dual break-beam eyes
-complete racegun frontblock - eliminates flimsy solenoid shroud

triggerman
01-18-2004, 10:47 PM
well if you want to get technal sandridge f5's were first. they came out just about the same time angels did.

sneakyhacker420
01-18-2004, 11:03 PM
but thoes just sucked... if i wanted to be more specific, i could have said first with battery in gripframe... not fat box under grip

i won't go into that, but yeah, race has alot better history than any other electro cocker frame in existence

LeatherPants
01-19-2004, 12:49 AM
I've shot both either is a good choice the Race or Eblade. You really can't go wrong.

Problem is he has an ANS marker. Their pnumatics suck. He'll be changing them out as he tries to make his marker shoot better.

Chojin Man
01-19-2004, 04:23 AM
Sounds like a good even trade to me. I feel for the guy that you traded with though. Maybey he should make a blood sacrifice to the paintball gods to make his marker not break. worked wonders for me.

PaintballSmurf13
01-20-2004, 11:11 PM
its a GX-3 ...ANS ...always needs service..my friend bought that exact thing..color and everything and has had so many probs with it..even just by general bad design..like the realease pin hitting his mask and sending his bolt flyin...and I am in no way bashing cockers, I shoot one..but ANS is just bad and the RTP-X is a MUCH better bet..well thats my 2 cents.
-Ryan F.

punkncat
01-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Nah , that ANS was awesome.I shot a messload of paint through that thing.Never had problem one with it.The Pneus were great, the regs were rock solid.Just a great shooting,feeling marker.
The ONLY thing I didn't like was that it was really heavy.I also worried lots about scratching it.It looked so freaking sweet that I just got obsessive about it.
It never failed to get lots of looks every field I went to.

personman
01-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by PaintballSmurf13
ANS ...always needs service..

AMEN!!!!