PDA

View Full Version : Why is webmaster@automags.org sending me e-mail?

NJPaint
01-18-2004, 07:48 PM
With .exe's in it? One of them had a virus when I scanned it. Nothing is in the e-mails, but it is getting annoying to keep getting these.

Rope a Dope
01-18-2004, 07:52 PM
Maybe he likes you.

Vash02
01-18-2004, 09:00 PM
Same thing happened over at pbn a while back. I think they finally figured out that it wasnt actually coming from their webmaster, it was coming from some other unknown source.

thecavemankevin
01-18-2004, 09:16 PM
thats someone who i haven't seen post here in quite some time....webby, wonder what he's been up to

tony3
01-18-2004, 09:59 PM
just forward them to him:p

thats messed up.....

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-18-2004, 10:03 PM
looks like someone is trying to trick us into downloading a virus

cphilip
01-18-2004, 10:21 PM
Someone out there with the sites email addy in his address book has a Worm. It's set up to use any address in the book and send you a virus using those email address's. Its not from him at all and its not from even his computer. It's from someone that has your address and the Webmaster's address in their address book. No one from this site will send you an executable file of any kind. Never open them. Dump them. Its not from the person it appears its from at all.

A) Its not coming from the Webmaster at all. Its spoofing his email out of someone else's box and appearing to come from him. He has no control over it. Only that person with the computer does. He has to keep his virus software up to date. Or it might use ANY email address in there. Even yours!

b) Never open ANY executable file from anyone unless you expected it and asked for it and know its coming. Best thing is to just delete the whole email without opening anything in there. And keep your virus software up to date.

c) Everyone with this sites email address in thier address book needs to run some antivirus software. And be aware that the site here will never send you any file at all. Never.