PDA

View Full Version : Warp/Sell/Armotech Problem

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-18-2004, 09:55 PM
My friend recently purchased a warp loader off of me and he was obviously having some problems with it. First i only gave him the screws to mount the warp on the warp bracket...ok...so that's semi my fault. So he comes over and i offer him screws to mount the bracket to his gun (a armotech wgsomething). None of the screws work...so i finally find some screws that work but they are too long. so i give the screws to him and tell him to cut them short.

He takes them but i dunno what he does with them. Then he goes to menards or home depot and finds all these screws. He sais he found one that works but he sais they fall out if any weight is put on them...(right them i'm thinking...then you didnt get the right screws).

Then he sais he wants a refund. I tell him that i would gladly refund his money if there was something wrong with the warp. But there isn't anything wrong with the warp. He's just having trouble mounting it to his marker because he can't find the correct screws for his marker.

I told him that i won't refund it if there is nothing wrong with it. He replies with "**** you!"

now i'm being EXTREMELY nice to offer him to refund it for equipment. And then he just stops talking.

So now that you have read my story...i'm here to ask everyone for help. What kind of screws do armotech markers take?

AND

Should I give him back his money?

Thanks,
SnYpER

PolishSausage
01-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Yes

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-18-2004, 10:01 PM
.....a little more detail....like...WHY should i refund it?

PolishSausage
01-18-2004, 10:06 PM
Unless you stated to him that you didn't have all the necessary mounting equipment, you should refund him his money. It shouldn't be the buyers problem of finding the necessary parts in order to mount that warp. Car Dealerships dont sell vehicles that are missing doors or tires, and likewise, you shouln't have sold him a warp when he was under the impression that he would recieve everything he needed to make it work.

It's also the decent thing to do.

Kindness goes a very long way in life, if you honestly have a problem with refunding him his money, offer to refund him the money he's already spent on buying screws, and then go to a lowes, Home Depot, Sears, etc. and get him the right parts.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-18-2004, 10:11 PM
no it came with everything. i even told him that he will need to find the screws to mount it onto the armotech. but since he didnt i gave him screws for free. but armotech markers have some very strange threads that normal screws that can be used on every single gun don't work on it. so i went to my garage and took out some screws and tested it out. one of them seemed to work but they were too long. so i told him to cut them. i knew that i had the equipment to cut it for him but i had misplaced it.

But i have no clue what he did to the screws.

PolishSausage
01-18-2004, 10:13 PM
You don't have to justify to me why you don't want to give him his money back, I'm an objective party. But from my stand point it seems you sold him something that was incomplete.

Cutting the screws should not have been the answer. Finding the right ones and getting them to him in a timely matter should have.

But again, just my opinion

cledford
01-18-2004, 10:13 PM
I say no, do not refund the money. Although it shouldn't happen - often "stuff" does. You forgot to put the screws in the package - so send them to him ASAP - like priority mail at the least. That is the "right" thing to do. Frankly, the screws could be had at a PB shop or any local hardware store. To claim that the deal should be reversed because he can't find them, or is unwilling to wait for your speedy rectification of the problem is him just wanting a "pass" since now he's decided the warp isn't for him - after getting a chance to review it. I feel that I go WAY beyond as a trader (check my feedback - all excellent) but I would not feel obligated to refund the money - UNLESS it was an agreement at the outset - like a 24 or 48 hour "review period."

-Calvin

Lord_Whoopass
01-18-2004, 10:49 PM
Dont listen to Polish cuz A.) I dont think he even knows what yer saying and B.) he has a Vote bush thing in his sig...

But anyways I say that yer not obligated to give him a refund because he should be able to get the screws from a local hardware store to fit the gun... and also shouldnt he have the right screw thread type from the asa or drop that was screwed into it? all you would have to do is take it to menards for example and match the threads on the testers they have there and get the same threaded bolts just a little bit longer...

Only thing is though that if this is your friend it would probably be best thing to your friendship to give him a refund...

deathstalker
01-19-2004, 01:57 AM
Just take him to the hardware store with his trigger frame and the mounting bracket. You'll be in and out in all of 10 minutes and it'll cost less than 50 cents. Besides, a brand new Warp does not come with screws to mount it to the marker.

If he still wants a refund, then just give him his money back and sell it to someone else. If he's your friend, there's no reason to let paintball gear stand in the way of anything.

vf-xx
01-19-2004, 02:34 AM
Unless I"m completely mistaken the warp doesn't come with botomline screws (and I'm presuming that's what we're looking for).

It's generally assumed that everybody has a drop or bottomline ASA or something.

If that is true then you're really not responsible because that's not stock warp equipment.

teufelhunden
01-19-2004, 09:42 AM
I agree. You supplied everything that came with the Warp feed, and being expected to find your own screws isn't anything out of the ordinary. Lots of drops/etc that you buy new require you to purchase your own mounting screws. It's not your problem if the buyer isn't able to find something while at the same time losing a sample you gave him.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-19-2004, 11:42 AM
he did go to the hardware store. he said he got the screws. but then he sais they fall out... so obviously he didnt get the right screws.

PolishSausage
01-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Whoopass
Dont listen to Polish cuz A.) I dont think he even knows what yer saying and B.) he has a Vote bush thing in his sig...

But anyways I say that yer not obligated to give him a refund because he should be able to get the screws from a local hardware store to fit the gun... and also shouldnt he have the right screw thread type from the asa or drop that was screwed into it? all you would have to do is take it to menards for example and match the threads on the testers they have there and get the same threaded bolts just a little bit longer...

Only thing is though that if this is your friend it would probably be best thing to your friendship to give him a refund...

Oh, right, I forgot that having an opinion and being politically minded made my advice null and void :rolleyes:

ramennoodles
01-19-2004, 12:41 PM
1)no, don't refund him. You gave hime everything the warp comes with and told him what he needed to buy.

2)no, "having an opinion and being politically minded" does not make your advice null and void, Being a fan of bush makes your advice null and void.

-=Squid=-
01-19-2004, 12:43 PM
to me, screws are an unnecesary thing to include when trading etc... I dont expect screws when I buy a drop, or grips, or whatever. Tell him to shut up, you tried to help, and if hes gonna be ugly about it tell him to go find his own screws.

Doobie
01-19-2004, 12:46 PM
Unless I"m completely mistaken the warp doesn't come with botomline screws

Ding, ding, ding! That's true! No refund!:o But as a friend, i'd help him find the right screws anyway! :D

1stdeadeye
01-19-2004, 01:22 PM
How good a friend is he? Don't take him to a hardware store, take him to your local PB store. They should carry screws for mounting on/offs, etc... Buy him the screws if he whines, but show him that Warps DO NOT COME WITH THEM!!!!!!

I would say no to the refund, especially after his pleasant retort to you!

Bolter
01-19-2004, 02:52 PM
I say no, don't refund the money, get your butt down the shop and get a coupla screws. Who cares that he lost em, he paid cash money for a warp and he may spend again, but you throw this customer away when it'll cost you cents to fix it.

I say sort it out for him.

RenagadeOfFunk
01-19-2004, 05:54 PM
You HAVE TO REFUND his money...

...The warp has to be broken with the way ou take care of your things..

YOU LEAVE YOU X-MAG ON THE GROUND WHERE I ALMOST STEPPEDO N IT 15 times!

Halliday
01-19-2004, 10:54 PM
No refund, but help your friend get the right screws. It will keep the friendship, and that's worth the time and money.

Go Bush!

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-19-2004, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by RenagadeOfFunkRTPcf
You HAVE TO REFUND his money...

...The warp has to be broken with the way ou take care of your things..

YOU LEAVE YOU X-MAG ON THE GROUND WHERE I ALMOST STEPPEDO N IT 15 times!

lol the warp was one of the few things that actually worked and was well taken care of in my room.

And for the x-mag....well....hmm....o well the good thing is that you DIDNT step on it :)

Load SM5
01-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Ok, I deleted about 35% of the posts here because of the political debate. Get it back on track please.

fallout11
01-20-2004, 10:15 AM
If memory serves me correctly....

Armotech screws = METRIC screws

You can still get them at any good hardware (or auto parts?) store.

-=Squid=-
01-20-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
Ok, I deleted about 35% of the posts here because of the political debate. Get it back on track please. sorry load.

Pacifist_Farmer
01-20-2004, 02:25 PM
No refund

Besides he should be willing to work it out not just dump it on you cause he's stupid

If you can't find the correct screws in a hardware store you need to go back to shooting a brass eagle plastic gun or similar piece of ......

Barfly
01-20-2004, 08:49 PM
he must not be a very good friend if you aren't going to give him a refund. If he is your friend give him the refund just to be nice and if he isn't your buddy, just tell him straight up you sold it to him without the screws.

robdamanii
01-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Like was said...the warp didn't come with screws origionally. Don't refund him anything. Tell him to go to a shop and they'll fit them for him.

FutureMagOwner
01-20-2004, 09:11 PM
well im assuming that armotech uses standard threading on their screws. in which case tell him to get screws long enough with threads 10-32 the guy at the hardware store will be able to figure it out. and if they are too long tell the dip to stop being a moron and get a saw or something and cut the screw it isnt rocket science.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-20-2004, 11:50 PM
he is the kinda friend that i just met and i'm not willing to take a bullet for or take a basketball in the head for yet. The attitude he is giving me isn't getting him any closer to his money and i did tell him to cut the screws but i'm guessing he doesnt know how.

He's not getting any of his money back, but i am trying to help him find the correct screws.

fallout11
01-21-2004, 07:08 AM
I think you guys missed the point here:

Originally posted by fallout11
If memory serves me correctly....

Armotech screws = METRIC screws

You can still get them at any good hardware (or auto parts?) store.

robdamanii
01-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by fallout11
I think you guys missed the point here:

(quote something about metric screws and hardware stores)

Home depot has them. They should be about 30 cents per pack of two.

I happened to be there yesterday, just head into the bolt/fastener aisle and they are in the little drawers sorted (yeah, right) by size.