PDA

View Full Version : Hopper Question

Kasper
01-18-2004, 10:02 PM
I'm an old paintball player who is just getting back into the sport after a 10 year lapse, and needless to say some things have changed... The main difference nowadays, are all of the different ways to feed your mag. Halo, Eggs, Some-screw-feeding-monstrocity thinga-majig, Warp, etc. I've surfed the web for a few days now, trying to sort it all out.

What I want to know is, What works well nowadays... I'm looking for reliability first, speed second. Naturally I'd like something that can feed 20 BPS or more, but since I can't pull the trigger that fast it's not a requirement... so reliability first.

Please post your favorite setup (ie: warp feed with Warp ULE mainbody, Halo with a center feed mainbody, etc), and the pros/cons of it. I want to order an RT, but don't know which way to set it up.

If this has already been addressed, please send me the link and I'll go read for myself... I looked, but didn't find anything directly addressing this topic.

SuiciDal Sn Y p ER
01-18-2004, 10:05 PM
rico 2k's work good but their price is pretty high for such a cheap looking/working loader.

Egg2 works very nice to me

Basically everything works nice.

HALO's are fast but i have heard people complain about ball detents getting worn and the weight

Torbo
01-18-2004, 10:28 PM
for agaitated hoppers, you got empire reloaders, revvys, rikos and halo TSAs. over all the reloader is the best combination of performance and price.

other than that its halo vs. egg. And halo wins.

Kasper
01-19-2004, 12:07 AM
So, how about a centerfeed mainbody for versatility (so I can throw a hopper on and try other options), and running a hose from a warp feed... any problems with that configuration?

SaS
01-19-2004, 12:41 AM
a warp hose to a vertical feed? works, some angel users actually do that

alot more of the power feed for attaching a warp... though some just chop off some of the power feed too.

LeatherPants
01-19-2004, 12:46 AM
Either and Evo II w/ Z Board of a Halo B. I have both. The Halo B can push past the ball detent on certain markers.

As far as weight being an issue there is none. I do like the fact that the Evo II holds more but when both are full they WEIGH THE SAME. There has been an actual weight comparison and yes they do weigh the same.