PDA

View Full Version : Official Trade Center and Terrorist Attack thread

Pages : [1] 2

shartley
09-11-2001, 07:18 AM
Turn on your news! The WTC was crashed into by TWO LARGE Jets. They think they were Hijacked.

I can not even begin to comment on this….. Just turn on your News.

cphilip
09-11-2001, 07:22 AM
Been on the TV watching....unbelievable. Two planes probably hijacked and flown into each tower major trajedy. Get to your TV now!

Thordic
09-11-2001, 07:23 AM
I'm just going to make a request that no one post anything about this until we learn more information. There are bound to be a LOT of rumors floating around right now, please don't perpetuate them until someone official releases a statement.

cphilip
09-11-2001, 07:41 AM
Some other stuff. Report of a large problem at the Pentagon. Ground shaking rumble and it's being evacuated. Watch the news for this too. Probably related activity.

agdjon
09-11-2001, 07:41 AM
can you believe it, there is now a fire in the pentagon. News says it could be from the osama ben ladan group

cphilip
09-11-2001, 07:46 AM
They are now speculating it was a plane flown into the Pentagon as well. Is there another target?

Restola
09-11-2001, 07:46 AM
wow. im joining the military if we go to war

MagMan5446
09-11-2001, 07:55 AM
Acting as if war was a pleasurable experiance eh....

There won't be a war, they will probably go hunt down and kill the organization, that will not take a war.

cphilip
09-11-2001, 07:57 AM
They Have evacuated the Whitehouse and a few surrounding Office buildings also. precautionary. US airspace being cleared. I would not want to be a missplaced Pilot right now.

MagMan5446
09-11-2001, 08:00 AM
One of the towers fell down.

Restola
09-11-2001, 08:00 AM
holy crap. nothing is pleasurable about thousands of people being injured and dieing

cphilip
09-11-2001, 08:08 AM
One of the Planes was confirmed to be an American Airlines flight from Boston to LA. Most likely full of passengers. Diverted (hijacked) and, 45 minutes after take off, flown into the Trade Center.

And one tower has indeed collapsed.

Restola
09-11-2001, 08:13 AM
they think the other was an airbus 300? in any case it would have a minimum of 125 people on it. the 767 more like 250

shartley
09-11-2001, 08:19 AM
Threat Con Delta at this point.

I would like to apologize for not disabling my Signature Image for my first post. It is not appropriate. I was just trying to get the post up and did not think to disable it. Again, I apologize for this.

cphilip
09-11-2001, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by shartley
Threat Con Delta at this point.

I would like to apologize for not disabling my Signature Image for my first post. It is not appropriate.

Completely understandable Sam. I too forgot to uncheck mine but caught it quickly. I took care of it for you.

Lots of other rumors going around about other sites. None comfirmed. Might be hysteria setting in. So everyone please be carefull what you hear.

However there apears to be a horrific loss of life at the World trade center. Especially in the collapsed one. Including Emergency Personel under it at the time of collapse. I am sick to my stomach right now.

shartley
09-11-2001, 08:32 AM
Thanks Phil.

I am more than sick to my stomach. And my Wife is absolutely shaken to the bone.

The second tower is now gone as well.

And at my Wife’s work, they just told them to turn down their radios and keep working! What a bunch of … well you know. My Wife works for Oxford Health Plans.. THERE I said it! Have fun anyone who wants to tell them what a bunch of jerks they are.

We are a VERY patriotic family and this is just too much.

cphilip
09-11-2001, 08:38 AM
Gentlemen... you realize the combined capacity of the two towers, the Pentagon and Emergency personnel on the ground at the time of Collapse is near 100,000 people. And these could be close to the number in harms way. And so the deaths could be near that. This is an act of War.

cphilip
09-11-2001, 08:41 AM
A Plane crashed in Pittsburg near runway. No confirmation it's related.

PsychoMag
09-11-2001, 08:44 AM
WTC hit twice...both buildings are plummetted to the ground...them pentagon has been hit as well...the country is in lock down...aircraft in restricted airspce over washington,...possibly to go for the white hoiuse....Los Angeles is evacuating major buildings as well as every other major metropolis in the US...all air travel is shut down....any aircraft coming into the country is diverted to canada until further notice...

omygod...all the families...

the AA 767 jet had 90 passengers from Boston(second WTC hit)
let alone the 50,000+ employees in the two towers...

simply horrifying...

I am a designer in a major oil refinery in Philadelphia and it is a major terroristic taarget...if a refienry is hit...goodbye 20 square miles...

tragedy...and I left the military...damn me

shartley
09-11-2001, 08:45 AM
I agree. And add that to the fact that reports have been made that in the Middle East, the Palestinian Refugees, and other groups are shooting up in the air in celebration of the attacks on the US.

It is about time the world learns NOT to mess with the US. We were pissed on by the UN. Then in South Africa. Now with this attack. I have no sympathy for ANY other country now. If this does not rally the UN and NATO to take immediate action, they too can take a flying leap.

And guess what… we NOW have a Cowboy in the White House… not some draft dodging pacifist more interested in smiling to the camera and not ruffling any feathers.

Sgt Carnage
09-11-2001, 09:02 AM
AGREED , THIS IS AN ACT OF WAR!!

shartley
09-11-2001, 09:04 AM
Update on my Wife and her work….. They have NOW decided to close the building at Noon. No incoming or outgoing calls (so she e-mailed me). Just thought you would like to know, since I said earlier that they would not let them go home.

I am still watching the news and flipping from station to station to get more perspectives. Lots of information out there…. Some confirmed, most not.

Our prayers are with the victims and our nation.

Thordic
09-11-2001, 09:13 AM
I have to agree with Shartley. I'm not normally a big fan of Bush, but this situation is perfect for a republican president from Texas.

As someone who lives right outside of NYC, less than 20 miles away. I don't know if anyone I know was involved at all. One of my friends who works in NYC called in sick, thank god. She would have been passing through the WTC right around the time the first plane hit. I have other friends, relatives, and neighbors who work in NYC, and hopefully they are all ok. This has hit all of us local to the attacks like a sack of bricks. I used to walk by the WTC towers every day, its still impossible to believe they are gone. I have friends in Falls Church, VA who I just talked to and are in the same state of shock I am.

I'm going to stop typing now because it's kinda hard to get my thoughts in order. Everyone out there who is personally affected, hang in there.

I have one plea to make to people. I don't know if saying this on AO will help at all, but it needs to be said. Do NOT lash out against any middle eastern citizens in your communities. There is a LOT of anger floating around the country right now, don't let it get pointed in the wrong place. Lets not repeat what we did to our Japanese citizens after Pearl Harbor. Practice it yourself, and try to keep others from lashing out as well. Trust me, I am not less angry at the people who did this than anyone out there. I am absolutely furious. But for once, I have trust that Bush will do what needs to be done.

cphilip
09-11-2001, 09:13 AM
Good to hear they came to their senses Sam. Before you had to make them.

We had the Governor here on Campus today. No more... he was wisked away. All Emerg. personnel on alert here for potential mutual aid to... where ever.

Major Ho
09-11-2001, 09:14 AM
I dont think there are any words to describe how unbelievabley tragic this is. President Bush is on the way back from Florida. Your right about the "cowboy". The "Don't mess with Texas" stereotype shall apply in a much larger scale I think.

cphilip
09-11-2001, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Thordic
I have one plea to make to people. I don't know if saying this on AO will help at all, but it needs to be said. Do NOT lash out against any middle eastern citizens in your communities. There is a LOT of anger floating around the country right now, don't let it get pointed in the wrong place. Lets not repeat what we did to our Japanese citizens after Pearl Harbor. Practice it yourself, and try to keep others from lashing out as well. Trust me, I am not less angry at the people who did this than anyone out there. I am absolutely furious. But for once, I have trust that Bush will do what needs to be done.
'
Well said! Only the people behind this should pay.

Also let me add this; do not lash out politically. And try to blame those who we feel "should have known". Realy may be no such thing. Lets stick together on this one as Americans and champions of a free and open society which unfortunately makes this kind of thing possible. But lets not let them divide us and give up on that. Instead lets destroy them so the whole world can live openly and free.

Find and blame those who did it and then punish them severely.

shartley
09-11-2001, 09:30 AM
I agree!

But no little hand slap either. And if it was not a whole country, or their Government (such as Afghanistan), if they do not assist in the apprehension of the guilty parties (or try to hinder us) I say we consider that an act of War in itself and make them into the worlds largest parking lot. I am tired of playing games with these people.

If you help, house, or even support with words, these actions and the ones who DID them, you should be considered an Enemy of the US…. And I for one count you as one of MINE.

Cha0tic
09-11-2001, 09:33 AM
i just want to say that all you people in new york and d.c. are in my thoughts and prayers today. i hope you and all your families are alright and come out safe.

PsychoMag
09-11-2001, 09:34 AM
Keep this thread alive...It is the best way for some of us to keep in touch with the outside since my refienry has just been locked down. nobody in or out. alot of places are losing phone contact...

Shartley let's get em...lol

Those Bastards need to feel the power of the US. Its been awhile, the US has been girls about alot of things in recent years, but htey cant walk on us anymore...

Hell...I would love to go back to the NAVY for this conflict...lemme get my hands on a my systems again...Tomahawk, Harpoon, and R.A.M. misile systems...

FC3(SW) PsychoMag reporting for duty Sir!
(my mag in hand...lol)

Tbone
09-11-2001, 09:48 AM
Hey all, I'm over here at Fordham and we were all on the roof when the second tower fell. Here's a pic I took immediately after. I'm going to try to get more pictures, but it's pretty crazy here, we can't leave campus or do anything.

http://www.tabonefamily.com/smoke.jpg

Evil Bob
09-11-2001, 10:03 AM
Terrorist groups in the US work in cells, small groups of 3 to 8 people each, anything larger is too difficult to keep hidden. Cells normally do not communicate with each other for security reasons, in the event that one cell is discovered, the others are safe from being discovered since the people in the seperate cells do not know each other and are unable to divulge information.

These attacks were very coordinated, obviously more then one cell is involved here, which leads to speculation of state sponsorship, meaning that someone in a foreign government or high place of office is coordinating the attacks.

Both towers completely collasped, collateral damage to other buildings, we're looking at the possibility of over 100,000 fatalities, with threats of more attacks pending. The response to these acts will be equally horrific, protocol demands that it be to prevent anything like it happening again. I suspect that as information filters in from the allies we have in the middle east, the US will more then likely declare war on those responsible.

The crash in Phili is now believed to have been shot down by US F-16's, for failure to respond to attempts of radio contact, it was flying toward Washington, most likely under hostile control.

Arafat, leader of the PLO, has been publicly denouncing these attacks, Bin Laden says he didn't do it, in time the truth will prevail, and those responsible will pay the ultimate price.

Evil Bob

jas142
09-11-2001, 11:14 AM
I was in school and it was turned on the TV. School was let out early. I saw the entirte thing unfold. Here is the current info:

WTC hit by 2 airplanes. Both towers have COLLAPSED. PEople have been killed and injured up to 5 or 6 blocks away, and tons of buildings are damaged or destoryed. the twin towers are GONE.

A carbomb has also gone off in NYC

Pentagon was also hit by a kamikaze airplane, however, from what I hear, damage is light and hopefully no one was killed.

Another airplane was crashed into rural pitsburgh, Thank god it obviously missed it's target.

Stock market is halted, sports games are halted, ALL flights in US airspace have been canceled and airports are locked down, Power, telephones, and cell phones are done throughout much of NYC, all Embassys have been evacuted.

50,000 people in the WTC, and it has completley collapsed.... Not to mention people on the ground, people in the FOUR airplanes, emergency workers, and people within a few blocks of the WTC.....

AGD
09-11-2001, 11:29 AM
PLease post your comments here so we can all keep up with what is happening. Can anyone from Pittsburg fill us in?

AGD

Puckz
09-11-2001, 11:29 AM
Here at my office (comp tech support) we have ceased operations and are acting as a phone service to connect employees we have in NY and DC to their families because of loss of communication in those areas. Anyone else at a place of business where any kind of help can be given should talk about what they can do.

Thordic
09-11-2001, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by jas142

A carbomb has also gone off in NYC

50,000 people in the WTC, and it has completley collapsed.... Not to mention people on the ground, people in the FOUR airplanes, emergency workers, and people within a few blocks of the WTC.....

This is why I asked people not to post yet. The car bomb was at the state department in Washington DC, not in New York City, and last time I checked it wasn't 100% confirmed. You are just spreading rumors.

Also, 50K is the maximum employees that could be there. Seeing as the attacks started slightly before normal business hours, they don't think the building was full, and also a lot of people WERE able to escape (They have on guy on the radio who had escaped from the 90th floor.) Please do NOT spread rumors or anything of the sort until official statements are made.

Ni cD
09-11-2001, 11:42 AM
The injured in NY need blood - desperately. Go to your local Red Cross and donate if you can.

Estimated deaths: 10,000 and rising. :(

cphilip
09-11-2001, 11:44 AM
Sorry for the confusion. In merging a thread of Chaotic's I did it backwards and so accidentally retitled this one for a bit. Guessed it was close when I fixed it.

Thordic
09-11-2001, 11:55 AM
I just talked to MagDog68, aka Fred. He works in Manhatten. He is currently fine, and walking to the brooklyn bridge in an effort to get home.

If anyone has heard from veteranmag, or if he sees this, please post. He is the only other AO member I know of who works in Manhatten.

Hasty8 MAY work in manhatten, I'm not sure. Any news about him would also be appreciated.

Nitroduck
09-11-2001, 11:57 AM
HMmmmmmmm, words cant really do much in a situation like this.

The Taliban says Bin Laden didnt do it. Arafat said he didnt, but he says the exact same thing when the the palestinians bomb israel...So I think something's up there.

I just hope that when we find out who did this, we will destroy all personell in the group that did this....

I also (even though this is mean) hope Israel really pounds into the Palestines for loving our thousands of people dying. They hate it when it happens to 10 of thier people....And get the whole world to blame Israel.....I can only hope we can do even greater for fact we have hundredes of times more people hurt in ONE day of terrorisim then they have taken in years of conflict.

zvanut
09-11-2001, 12:00 PM
as of now every major city in missouri is under strict security, estimated deaths r 10,000 and still rising.

zvanut
09-11-2001, 12:01 PM
also, all flights were stopped from Lambert Aiport (st. louis)

pntbawlrmz
09-11-2001, 12:01 PM
can i get some help here? if you watch the news when they have footage of the plane flying into the building, both buildings are already on fire, was there a bomb in the other one or did the first plane hit both of them? all i can say is my heart goes out to anyone who is or in some way is involved in this sick attack.

zvanut
09-11-2001, 12:03 PM
http://www.msnbc.com/news/627028_asp.htm

thats the MSNBC link

zvanut
09-11-2001, 12:04 PM
not tryin to crowd this, but the pentagon was hit by a plane, it confrimermed

thecavemankevin
09-11-2001, 12:04 PM
This is horrible!!

My brother "Eagle" is in Norfolk at the Navy base. I havn't been able to get ahold of him to find out if the Atlantic fleet is being at all mobilzed or what.

There was no car bombing in DC last i herd.

I saw footage of the Palistinians celebrating at our tragity. It was like mardi gras there, throwing out candy and stuff. Just awful :(

My prayers are going out to all those families affected by this.

shartley
09-11-2001, 12:07 PM
Thordic:
I can understand your concern on “rumor control” and false information. But please just point out the mistakes and correct them.

jas142:
All I can say is that you need to actually listen to the news next time. Most of your information was quite a bit off base. I think you may be getting worked up in the moment and understanding little of the factual information available and being told by the major News Outlets. Thoradic pointed out a couple mistakes you made, and I will point out that the Penatigon was not lightly damaged. Again, I urge you to actually watch or listen to the actual News Outlets again. Thank you.

cphilip and AGD:
Thank you for making ONE official thread on this issue. It makes it much easier to control.

zvanut:
The FAA has grounded ALL flights in the United States. Not just the one you mentioned. This is the first time in out History this has happened. And all International Flights coming into the US are being routed to Canada (I would assume that means all International Flights from Europe though, since if a flight was to come in from South America, it makes little sense to route them to Canada.).

zvanut
09-11-2001, 12:10 PM
malls r closed, everything is closed. lockdowns r everywhere.

cphilip
09-11-2001, 12:13 PM
[cphilip and AGD:
Thank you for making ONE official thread on this issue. It makes it much easier to control. [/B]

Actualy Tom initiated it. And then when I saw what he had done (anticipating his wishes) I then set about cleaning up all the rest of them. (here and in Friendly Corner as well). But... your welcome.

Major Ho
09-11-2001, 12:17 PM
I was talking to a few ppl and some of the younger kids are pointing fingers already esp. at Palestine. The general attitude is go bomb the heck out of the country...
Who is to say that they are even involved. Thousands would be innocent unknowing of anything. Death and tragedy answered by even more death and destruction doesnt seem very wise. I whole heartetly agree to retaliation and punish those RESPONSIBLE severely but to harm more innocent people is ridiculous to say the least.
Im sure another thread will pop up to cater to this topic more but I just want to support the earlier post of not to alienate or lash out against the middle eastern citizens...

bofh
09-11-2001, 12:21 PM
And guess what… we NOW have a Cowboy in the White House… not some draft dodging pacifist more interested in smiling to the camera and not ruffling any feathers.

Actually, I'd expect the danger (to the people that did this) to come from Colin Powell... I think he'll make sure what ever is done is "complete."

govnamac
09-11-2001, 12:21 PM
Can I just reiterate the pleas of NY officials that anyone in the NY or northern NJ area go give blood if possible over the next few days. Especially if you are O-, since they are down to 40 pints of that type.

zvanut
09-11-2001, 12:25 PM
now the arch is closed, the american/mexican border closed 23 min. ago, the canadian border has been closed for hours. just an update

Ni cD
09-11-2001, 12:28 PM
*poink*

I think the guy who wrote that is full of it.

zvanut
09-11-2001, 12:29 PM
where, new pics of the pentagon on NBC

gimp
09-11-2001, 12:29 PM
classes have been cancelled here. I'm in Troy NY.

MagDog68
09-11-2001, 12:31 PM
Sorry as it may be, this is one of the only times we as Americans can hold onto a national identity.

~Fred

PS I am fine, my mom is fine and my Father who is the Custodian for the High School of Finance (about two buildings down from the WTC) is fine, however my Cousin who works in one of the World Financial Center buildings (smaller buildings at the corners of the of the WTC) is still missing. Please keep her in your prayers.

zvanut
09-11-2001, 12:32 PM
Ni, where did u get that, and take todays date 9-11, thought that was intresting.

martlet1
09-11-2001, 12:34 PM
if you want to donate blood , call 1-800-448-3543 and they will point you to the nearest emergency blood donation center. Most of us are away from the center of this, but this is one thing you can do to help out.

Our embassy's are also receiving flowers and notes on our gates from thier citizens. This is not only attack on us, but on every decent country in the world. We are the top dog in the pack, and therefore a target for terrorists.

When we close down everything, the bad guys win. Keep you head up and don't let these idiots get what they want. Go to your events, say a prayer before, and keep the faith.

Blue 88
09-11-2001, 12:36 PM
I was gong to a funral this morning. Got out of the shower around 9. im walking into the kitchen doing my tie and i see a picture of smoke coming out of the WTC. It was so surreal i thought it must be a movie or somethin. Just then I saw live the second jet smash through the tower. It was umbelivible, at first i thought "how could two planes hit the trade center in daylight, and in sutch close siccusion?" didn't even cross my mind that it could a terrorist act for sometime. When I heard the pentigon was hit it sent shivers down my spine. The fact that the pentigon is burning really bothers me, and that those two symbolic towers are gone it is beyond belif. We wont know for a long time how many people died, but I think that this far outdoes Pearl Harbor. We still dont know wh hit us, and what makes this so much worse, those people were civilians. Forgive the horrific spelling and the typos i had to type this in a flash and will check it over tonight....

The pentigon is burning

mykroft
09-11-2001, 12:36 PM
All flights in Canada are now grounded. My company (UUNET/WorldCom) Shut down completely in Canada. Thank God our Dulles and Ashburn, Va campuses were missed.

This has been a Day that will live in Imfamy, to paraphrase FDR. Bush has vowed that those responsible will be punished.

Adam

zvanut
09-11-2001, 12:39 PM
in case any thing such as a war starts up, here is a salute to those like army. Thanx Guys,
Ryan

Mr.E Mag Man
09-11-2001, 12:39 PM
This is utterly horrific. A dark day in the world, to say the least.

There was about 2 hours of time (IIRC from the timeline) for people in the WTC buildings to get out, between when the planes hit and when they went down.. hopefully that was enough time for a lot of people.

I can't believe it, but I do agree with you guys on this point.. I am very glad to have President Bush in office at a time like this. I don't think I would feel as secure if I knew it would be Former VP Gore's responding to the attack.

Evil Bob
09-11-2001, 12:42 PM
Here's the latest info from CNN regarding the twin towers:

8:45 AM - large aircraft strikes tower 1, impacting around the 100th floor. Roughly 80% of the tower is safely evacuated.

9:03 AM - large aircraft strikes tower 2, impacting around the 70th floor, building collaspes shortly after, no estimate how many people were still in the building, though it was being evacuated in response to the strike on building 1.

Death toll estimated to be in the low 10's of thousands with all the collateral damage of the buildings collasping onto nearby buildings, but no where near the 50k capacity that the two towers hold on a daily basis due to the fact that the attack happened early enough in the day. Officials have no idea how long it will take to have an accurate account and are not sure if they will ever be able to with the sheer tonage of debrie that remains.

Casualties at the Pentagon attack are fairly low, the biggest complaint there was smoke inhalation, but there are reports of dozens of fatalities. The casulty numbers are lower due to two facts: 1) The Pentagon had been heavily reinforced for such an attack, and 2) by eye witness accounts, the attacking aircraft (American Boeing 757) actually struck the ground next to the building and not the building itself.

The crash outside Phili is believed to have been the result of air interdiction, it is believed to have been shot down by a USAF F-16 for failure to respond to attempts to communicate, it was also apparently heading in the direction of Washington D.C. and assumed to be under hostile control. The military has yet to comment officially on the incident.

Both United and American airlines have announced that they each have 2 aircraft missing. The flight numbers and passenger totals have also been announced. The aircraft that crashed in Phily had 90 aboard, the other aircraft all had over 100 passengers aboard when they crashed, one had as many as 170 passengers aboard.

All flights in both the US and Canada have been grounded, everything is completely locked down. F-16's can be seen actively patroling the skies over NY and DC, with reports of military air activity coming in from other locations. All in bound flights from outside the US have been rerouted to Canada or the nearest airport outside the US. Los Angeles, Seatle, Boston, and many other large airports are being shut down and evacuated in the event that they will be targeted.

All federal, state, and government buildings in DC have been evacuated. Disneyland and Disneyworld have both announced that they have shut down and evacuated. The Seatle Space Needle has also been evacuated. Most major tourist attractions around the US are closing down.

As far as to who did it, several of the middle east terrorist groups are trying to lay claim to the attack, with the exception of Bin Laden himself, who ademently denies any involvement. The British news agency BBC reports that 3 weeks ago, some of Bin Laden's top people made statements that they would launch an attack in the near future on the US that would be beyond anything previously seen, whether this is what they meant remains to be seen.

News related web sites are at a complete stand still, your best source for current information at this time is the TV and the radio. For those of you who have only the Net to rely on, I'll continue to post factual data as it comes in from CNN and other NY and DC TV stations.

Evil Bob

zvanut
1:02 p.m. ET New York Mayor Rudy Guiliani orders an evacuation of Manhattan south of Canal Street,

straight from MSNBC

Mr.E Mag Man
Not sure of the final fatalities this early in the game, but just to put it in perspective, 2,488 Americans (civilians and military) lost their lives at Pearl Harbor.

zvanut
09-11-2001, 12:44 PM
this is being called the next Pearl Harbor

Gambit1106
09-11-2001, 12:51 PM
Here in IL they are shutting down all the major downtown buildings, malls, and colleges. People are hanging flags from a overpass at I55 and I355 in respect for the lives lost. I couldn't belive what I saw on TV or on the web. I am praying for the people on the planes, in the WTB, and in the pentegon. God Bless them all.

Darren

-§on-
09-11-2001, 12:53 PM
This is Awful! OMG, I feel bad for the familys my support goes out to them.

GIVE BLOOD :(

cphilip
09-11-2001, 12:55 PM
Nice report Evil Bob.

People: keep it clean and factual like Bob did. Clean bits of venting and emotion is understandable but lets moderate ourselves and think before we hit the submit reply button. Count to 100 or something.

Thanks

Phil

-§on-
09-11-2001, 12:55 PM
Ummmm, Guys Where Does Pyro live in New York? Anyone heard from him today??? :confused:

-§on-
09-11-2001, 12:57 PM
No Car Bomb, They Just said it on MsNBC. That was a lie.

zvanut
09-11-2001, 12:58 PM
10-12 international flights still in the air, Air Force 1 has landed in Nebraska.

E=Mag MAN
Well i live in va.My mom called my dad at work and told him about world trade center.As they were talking a huge plane going so fast went so close to his building it rumbled and he watched the plane go into the pentagon!As a update only around 20,000 people were in the world trade centers.He cant beleive what he saw says its so sereal.Also he ran inot his coworkers office screaming holy mary a dadgoned airplane just hit the pentagon.They were watching cnn about trade centers didnt believe him even after the boom!HE took a general to his office and the gerneral imeaditly shut every thing down.After seeing it.He says he cant believe what he say he cant even begin to explain it.

cphilip
Originally posted by -§on-
No Car Bomb, They Just said it on MsNBC. That was a lie.

Yes! in the hysteria of the moment you will hear lots of them. So please try and get as much verification as you can. In fact that one was debunked about noon today.

Thordic
09-11-2001, 12:59 PM
Pyro lives out on long island, far from mahatten. He'll be fine unless he decided to take a scenic tour of the WTC. Chances are hes just in school all day.

veteranmag is the one Im worried about. He works and lives in manhatten, I believe, and I'm not sure where.

Tbone
09-11-2001, 01:02 PM
http://www.tabonefamily.com/ban.jpg

Dubstar112
09-11-2001, 01:04 PM
I am in upstate NY, and so far the only thing any one can do to help is give blood, as said by RED CROSS.

I am truly amazed that a country like that can even try to step to a country so powerful.... They will get whats coming and Im sure the President(in favor of death penalty will have no mercy on that country), he will do whats rihgt.

Ni cD
09-11-2001, 01:04 PM
Its from an e-mail my mom recieved a little while ago. I just thought it applied to the situation.

zvanut
09-11-2001, 01:08 PM
yeah it does. Bin Laden is still the uop suspect.

MaGSkEr
09-11-2001, 01:12 PM
This is very scarey. We are looking at world war three. This is way to big to be anything but.

Flamebo
09-11-2001, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by zvanut
this is being called the next Pearl Harbor

Pearl Harbor doesn't hold a candle to what happened today...

zvanut
09-11-2001, 01:17 PM
Flamebo, i know it doesnt, but it was almost the same concept...

spyderkiller
09-11-2001, 01:18 PM
This is totally crazy. I was at the Dr.'s office when it happened. All the nurses were going crazy and calling their family and people were just in a state of shock and disbelief. Too often just because we live in the United States we think that we are invincible and that nothing bad can ever happen to us. Well here ya go. It has happened. After I got back to school from the Dr's we weren't allowed to watch tv or anything. The administrators thought it would initiate a state of panic and chaos. We finally got the go ahead to watch and it was just disturbing to watch. My heart goes out to all who have been effected by the recent tragic happenings.

Dude
09-11-2001, 01:20 PM
I live in Washington D.C.
There are lots of ambulances on all the roads coming from Maryland and Northern VA...The only places in the sky are military fighters...we got out of school before noon and school tommarrow is cancelled...everyone over 18 was asked to go and give blood at area hospitals.

The Pentagon is still on fire and both WTC Buildings have collapsed. Its very scary that the Pentagon is on fire. I'd sign up to go and fight the terrprists that did this...

Cha0tic
09-11-2001, 01:24 PM
shartley, i totally agree with you. we can not let other countries do this to the USA. president Bush will not ease up on anything. ther person/persons that did this will be very sorry.

~Backdraft~
09-11-2001, 01:26 PM
I live up here in Maine and At school today we have been watching the t.v. all day. A very sad day and it is definately going into world history. Some are saying it is worse than the attack on pearl harbor.

automagseeker
09-11-2001, 01:27 PM
This is messed up, the president went into a nuclear protection place, at 3:06 this after noon, I just heard it on MSNBC, all I can say is I want to whop some AfganistanASS, I hope Bush does something swiftly about this, I am sure he will take the best course of action possible, in the mena time, I would advise everyone to pray for those famillies who have lost someone in this horrid attack, thanks

cphilip
09-11-2001, 01:33 PM
Take a look down at Shartleys thread. he has made us a symbol for our signatures to use.

martlet1
09-11-2001, 01:34 PM
Some of the internet news sites are reporting that an f-16 fighter shot down the hijacked plane in Penn. Has anyone else heard this?
Its being reported on several websites.. ill link in a sec.

scarpa43
09-11-2001, 01:35 PM
FYI, Both United and American airlines have phone numbers set up to inquire about passengers or crew on any of the flights that were involved today.
They are taking your name and phone number and the name of the crew member or passenger and calling you when they know more. Unfortunatly I had to call, hopefully to verify a close friend was not working on flight 93.

American - 1-800-245-0999
United - 1-800-932-8555

American has confirmed on it's website that it has accounted for all of its aircraft.

Tbone
09-11-2001, 01:35 PM
Yes, I've heard the same story. We've had about 20+ jets fly over our dorms in the past couple of hours, it's really crazy here in the city.

cphilip
09-11-2001, 01:36 PM
Read the posts above and back. Its been reported but not confirmed. Please everyone try and read through first!

E=Mag MAN
09-11-2001, 01:48 PM
Has anyone seen the palestinians celibrating im 13 and was deaply moved by this and felt very sorry for the civilians.BUT! I was OUTRAGED to see palistiens celibrating this attack makes me furious.CELEBRATING 10S OF THOUSANDS OF INOCENT PEOPLE DEAD!IT makes me sick.I want to do something my self.But the celibrating people make me furious i cant even describe what hate i feel for those people.

~Backdraft~
09-11-2001, 01:49 PM
Okay, I just saw civilians in Palestine (sp??) Cheering and laughing and partying...they were all happy about the terrorest attacks today, that just made me sick...-son- was on the phone with me at that time when we saw it together on the news it got us pissed!!!:mad:

Evil Bob
09-11-2001, 01:50 PM
Minutes before the aircraft "crashed", a 911 call was placed by a passenger aboard using a cell phone stating that the aircraft was being hijacked. Whether it crashed of it's own accord or whether it was shot down has not been officially announced at this time. Rumors in official channels is that an air interdiction was performed and the aircraft was brought down by an F-16. The rumor also states that the aircraft failed to answer attempts to communicate with it and that it was heading towards Washington, D.C. If this is true, with the damage from the other 3 aircraft that happened minutes before, the military could not take the chance at another suicide attack on the Pentagon or any other building in D.C. area and took steps to eliminate the threat.

Evil Bob

AGDMINIMAGAGD
Does anyone know where the 5th plane went. I hav eheard from 2 different places that it went to camp david, but i dont know if that is true. There were supposedly 5 planes but theyre only talking about 4 of them on the news for some reason. Maybe im wrong, but ive heard on TV from 2 stations that a fifth plane hit camp david

Also, how do you put that picture in your signature. Thanks

dave p
!
?

~Backdraft~
09-11-2001, 01:51 PM
Ooops, emagman beat me too it...but I agree with emagman I was outraged too.

cphilip
09-11-2001, 01:52 PM
Everyone go to Shartleys thread and get the graphic to show support. Need help putting it in then just ask. Someone will help you.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12092

E=Mag MAN
09-11-2001, 01:54 PM
black draft i beet u in seconds i swear seconds.BUT IF ONE THING PISSES ME OFF ABOUT HIS ITS THAT.THRE HAPPY LITTLE turban heads

-§on-
09-11-2001, 01:58 PM
That Really Makes me Sick to My Stomach to see the Crap. Little 5 year olds Dancing and Cheering. I would just like to take a .357 to there face and then dance and cheer when Im done. Thats Just non-sence to celebrate over death? Not Cool at all.

automagseeker
09-11-2001, 01:59 PM
we should go rip off their turbans, then they wouldn't know what to do, WE NEED TO RETALIATE!

cphilip
09-11-2001, 02:02 PM
Don't forget to put the brackets and img and then the brackets /img on that image.

-§on-
09-11-2001, 02:02 PM
One Of the Pilots have been Idenified as a N.H man. He was part of a church group. My condolences to his family and Friends...:(

XspyX
09-11-2001, 02:03 PM
Whoever destroyed the WTC and crashed a plane into the Pentagon definatly has some balls. Thats a lot of people...

XspyX
09-11-2001, 02:04 PM
That Really Makes me Sick to My Stomach to see the Crap. Little 5 year olds Dancing and Cheering. I would just like to take a .357 to there face and then dance and cheer when Im done. Thats Just non-sence to celebrate over death? Not Cool at all.

.357 to the face? Gross, but not as gross as people jumping off the WTC...

AGDMINIMAGAGD
09-11-2001, 02:04 PM
how do you put the picture in your signature Thanks

-§on-
09-11-2001, 02:05 PM
http://www.gbsu-usa.net/boss/respect.gif

automagseeker
09-11-2001, 02:05 PM
If you know any sort of prayer, please pray it, the world needs everyones prayers now, thanks

-§on-
09-11-2001, 02:06 PM

Just Copy and paste that and put the IMG code around it.

Evil Bob
09-11-2001, 02:07 PM
I spent a week in Bubai last summer on business. The hotel I was staying at delivered a news paper to the door every morning. One particular morning's paper showed a happy, smiling group of 6 year olds marching in formation holding AK47's proudly. These were pictures of the summer graduates of the PLO terrorist school, something that all children in Palestien apparently participate in, right on the front page of the local news paper. Apparently they brain wash their kids from an early age and teach them all the appropriate skills to prepare them for the war against the Great Satan.

So what is it about freedom that makes everyone else want to blow up the US?

Evil Bob

AGDMINIMAGAGD
09-11-2001, 02:08 PM
OK, i think i got it, thanks.

Dubstar112
09-11-2001, 02:09 PM
/img works on the end... like [/IMG]

mitch
09-11-2001, 02:12 PM
holy cow! world war 3 would be horrible.
i am from canada and you americans have our full support.

Thordic
09-11-2001, 02:13 PM
Sorry thordic my error lost your post.

Dubstar112
09-11-2001, 02:16 PM
thordic, looks and appears to be that our economy is down and now they have made it worse, this could get really bad for the US

AGDMINIMAGAGD
09-11-2001, 02:21 PM
I disagree with the statement that this was not a statement. I believe they wanted to cripple us, yes, but just as much wanted to make a statement. They attacked the WTC, which is the pure image of capitalism and free trade. If they were to cripple the country, i believe they would have hit washington harder, but then again i believe that the 4th plane that was shot down was headed for the capitol building. This attack was as much a statement as it was a method of crippling the US economy and govt, although i believe that was a very major part too.

Thordic
09-11-2001, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by AGDMINIMAGAGD
I disagree with the statement that this was not a statement. I believe they wanted to cripple us, yes, but just as much wanted to make a statement. They attacked the WTC, which is the pure image of capitalism and free trade. If they were to cripple the country, i believe they would have hit washington harder, but then again i believe that the 4th plane that was shot down was headed for the capitol building. This attack was as much a statement as it was a method of crippling the US economy and govt, although i believe that was a very major part too.

of course it was a statement, but it was much much more than a statement. that was my point.

cphilip
09-11-2001, 02:27 PM
QUOTE: The two targets they did hit weren't hit to be statements.

Wrong! they were hit to extract maximum casualties in places that most symbolizes Capitalism and American power. (the "great evil" to them) Statements and death is what they wanted for sure.

We will be fine guys. We will be a lot stronger after this. They have truely understimated our resolve and character. Little do they know the wrath of a truely great people like us. Mark my words all will be well and we will get our revenge. And it will be sweet (hate to feel that way but do right now). Poor misguided fools.

AGDMINIMAGAGD
09-11-2001, 02:27 PM
Ok, sorry. I get what you meant now, i just cant believe what happened, not thinking straigh

spyderkiller
09-11-2001, 02:28 PM
This truly is a sad day in America. This will be in history books as one of the worst terrorist attacks ever. My prayers and thoughts go out to the victims families.

cphilip
09-11-2001, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by AGDMINIMAGAGD
Ok, sorry. I get what you meant now, i just cant believe what happened, not thinking straigh

Me neither too! I am making bunches of errors today. So emotional. Everyone please show a bit of patience with all of each other tonight. Me included.

paintballrulzs
09-11-2001, 02:32 PM
I go to a prep school. I have a few friends whose dads fly out of logan (they r pilots) each was called down to the office and every1 feared the worse. But it turns out that none of the kids dads were on the planes. Also my homeroom teachers sis works at the pentagon where the plane crashed into. These r just a few of the people that have family in those buiding. This is sad. Someone needs nuked. MY mom just said that another buildin may collapse in NY. they r showin photos of it now. Boy this makes me mad.

Dubstar112
09-11-2001, 02:34 PM
this has to be one of the fastest filling most important threads...
||
||
\/

Thordic
09-11-2001, 02:36 PM
Sorry if Im not being very clear today... my brother was out of contact for a good portion of the morning, and he goes to school very close to the WTC, and we couldn't get in touch with him or the school. Also, my friend Gale was extremely lucky and didn't go to work today, otherwise she would have been in the WTC very close to the time of the catastrophe. God knows if anyone else I know was involved...

Im just a little bit mentally overtaxed right now.

shartley
09-11-2001, 02:42 PM
Little do they know the wrath of a truely great people like us. Mark my words all will be well and we will get our revenge. And it will be sweet (hate to feel that way but do right now). Poor misguided fools.

So very true. And for those who think this will hurt our economy, think again. Remember WWII and what happened after Pearl Harbor? It bonded the American People in a common cause. This was actually a bad move for the Japanese at that time, and they now admit it.

We lost most of our ships. But we rebuilt them! And the American spirit was stronger than ever. The set the American wheel in motion… and I pity any foolish enough to do that. We already have enough anger built up with every day things, and until now it was turned on ourselves….. guess what? I see that changing.

I have often said that the big problem with our country since the Cold War ended was that we had no common enemy. And without a common enemy, people tend to turn on themselves. This however is not a problem any more.

This will be a unifying force, not a destructive one. I hope they are truly religious people, because they will soon be meeting their God. They won this battle and only by surprise… but the WAR has just begun.

Meric
09-11-2001, 02:50 PM
The number of people who where in both Towers are scary. It's beleived that there were roughly 50,000 workers and 70,000 visitor in the towers when then the two plains hit. Most of them were still in the buildings when the towers came down. Many innocent people lost their lives today. Our condolences to all the families and friend who lost someone in this mornings events.

-Meric-

martlet1
09-11-2001, 02:50 PM
I agree with Shartley. This just galvanizes the United States to a common goal. I'm from Missouri and I have yet to hear anyone with anything negative to say. Almost everyone is praying for the families and waiting for the military response. There are flags out in front of EVERY store in town today.

jas142
09-11-2001, 02:56 PM
TO ALL:

Sorry for posting some information that was unfounded, that was just what I had heard on CNN and NBC at the time. Some of the data has been falsified or updated, sorry again!:(

shartley
09-11-2001, 02:58 PM
jas142:
No problem. Forget about it. It is understandable.

Ant
09-11-2001, 03:00 PM
WOA, where do i start??? WEll first off, i'm not from teh US but i truly feel for everyone down there. I too have a sick feeling im my stomach as i watch the news etc. I hope you guys take swift and just action. Our local airport is now filled with the transfered flights, around 30 planes, 5,000 + pepople. They plan to use the sports stadium to house all these people until something more stable can be done for them. Anyways, i'm back to watch the news, i can't believe this is happening, seems to serreal(sp?). My prayers go out to those who need it the most.

BXmag
09-11-2001, 03:07 PM
NOW they(WCBS) are talking about 7 world trade about to collapse.

God Bless each and every American !

a person
09-11-2001, 03:17 PM
I think the casualties arent 100,000 thank the Lord. It seems that 50,000 people move THROUGH the building each day, or that is what some people said so the casualties arent that great.sad real sad. But still my estimates are still high given the area.
Im am extremely pissed off at these people in the West Bank. Happy since people died?
I hope they all go to hell those heartless cowards, and bastards.
also these governments, who deny they did this, well of course they would deny it. if they out right admit it they would get a few ten thousand cruise missles coming right up their sorry butts. not even cruise missles, nukes i would hope.
i cant believe they would attack civilians.....bastards, damn those bastards.

Tbone
09-11-2001, 03:22 PM
Alrighty then, everyone crank up their velocities to max, we're going to Palestine!

BXmag
09-11-2001, 03:24 PM
7 WTC just collapsed

Thank God it was empty all ready.

bofh
09-11-2001, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Tbone
Alrighty then, everyone crank up their velocities to max, we're going to Palestine!

uh, are we going to walk? ... all the planes are grounded :)And I think it's a fairly long swim...

thecavemankevin
09-11-2001, 03:25 PM
Tbone, I get what you mean, but i don't think this should be taken as lightly as you seem to be.

-Xugg-
09-11-2001, 03:26 PM
What do you guys think of these hijackings? It shocks me that 4 air planes can be taken control of and used as a weapon. What happen to air plane security, haven't we learned that airplanes can be easy targets for terrorists? I think where looking to much to stop higher-tech forms of terrorism and not enough at the other forms of terrorist attacks. We have all seen hijacking movies on TV ever since commercial airplanes have been made. What kind of security are we using to prevent these things from happening? Its sad that we still have problems with controlling our planes against terrorism. I'm just hoping that we find who ever is behind these horrible attacks and get our revenge.

SyKoTiC
09-11-2001, 03:30 PM
i was in spanish class when our vice principal annouced this to us over our intercom. about fifteen minutes later we had tvs set up every major location and misc. classrooms and almost everyone spent the whole school day watching the news.

Dubstar112
09-11-2001, 03:37 PM
Xugg: the us has known since the first airport that there is bugs in the system, unfortunately they were left untended to and we are where we are now

FeelTheRT
09-11-2001, 03:39 PM
geez can you beleive it? All the schools in all the other counties around ours all closed early. Our county is also 2nd closest to Washington DC. The princapal claimed, "school building the is the safest place to be".

The streets were just about completely empty and no druggies hanging out behind McDonalds today. anways..

I guess we'll never ever see the WTC ever again . . .

klb311
09-11-2001, 03:42 PM
The building right next to the twin towers just collapsed.

FeelTheRT
09-11-2001, 03:44 PM
what was the point of the crash in Littletown PA?

If you ask me, i think that one was for the White House but after finding out that Bush was out of town, and fighter jets patroling Washington, just just decided to crash somewhere far away so the idea wouldn't be thought of.

magman518
09-11-2001, 03:45 PM
i heard that a fourth bulding might colapse too.

thecavemankevin
09-11-2001, 03:49 PM
FeelTheRT

I don't think that is was supposed to crash there. It was on it's way from Boston towards California i think. So it was probably hijacked with the intentions of sending towards D.C. would be my guess.

thecavemankevin
09-11-2001, 03:50 PM
I hate to say it, but i am rather anxious to get Army's take on all this.

God be with him and the rest of the Armed forces along with all the resque workers.

Chaos
09-11-2001, 03:53 PM
everytime I finish reading one page it seems another adds on, anyways....

All I gotta say, is I can garentee we're about to have the strongest military force out there to attack if we decide to attack anyone. A major event like this unites us, then the anger and pain gives us strength and rage against the enemy. If there is a draft of any sort, I can almost garentee something like half the available nation will join forces to fight, and the other half will be working at home to supply

Yipe
09-11-2001, 03:57 PM
Words cannot describe my profound sense of horror, disbelief and rage. Simply put, I cried today.

My prayers go out to the innocent victims who have lost their lives in this national tragedy. My only hope now is that the criminals responsible for this terrorist attack are not US citizens.

Peanut The Paintballer
09-11-2001, 03:58 PM
10,000 confirmed deaths.....thats the size of most towns in my area....our prayers go out to you all

magman518
09-11-2001, 04:00 PM
Everyone look at the news Afghanistan is getting attacked or something.......bombs are going off!!!

automagseeker
09-11-2001, 04:08 PM
yea i saw that, I thought they were missles or something, I hope this stops soon, and that God can hear everyones prayer.

Yama
09-11-2001, 04:19 PM
our nation will never be the same.

Magadeth
09-11-2001, 04:21 PM
My cousin Katie was in the pentagon when it was hit. She is ok and has contacted all our family members to let them know.

I want blood for this. I am eligable for military service until nov2cnd. I may go sign up.

They will soon learn what a huge mistake they have made. I have no sympathy for any country that was involved in any way shape or form.

I just saw footage showing smoke and explosions over the capital of afghanistan. I hope it was caused by U.S. jets, and not some sort of celabratory fireworks.

FeelTheRT
09-11-2001, 04:25 PM
OMG, don't tell me those streeking red lines accross the sky in Afghanistan are missles..

Chef123161
09-11-2001, 04:25 PM
It's times like this I wish I was 18. I heard about this in school and was lucky to be in a computer class with cable TV in it. I got to get the updates from TV and the net. After it spread, we werent allowed to listen to the radio or watch TV. All I can say is, someone will pay for this.

paintballrulzs
09-11-2001, 04:26 PM
HAHAHA lets take out the middle east. I HATE EM!!! They deserve all the **** they get. I can't believe all those ***gots dancin. My god that pisses me off. I am afraid we may go to war. Think of it this way. They call this pearl harbor 2. How many deaths in pear harbor bout 2100 or so. How many in this? MUCH MUCH more. Also what pisses me off alot of the people who died were rescuers. They could have actually messed us up much more. Think of it this way. C-5? If they had some on the planes and had it detonate say ... 45 min after the plane crashed. All the rescuers would have been killed and tons more people. Man i am so pissed. I can't wait til photos of those stupid turban bastards cryin over what we did rather than laughin at us. I can't believe the balls some of these countries have. That takes guts.

~Backdraft~
09-11-2001, 04:26 PM
I hope magman is right about Afghanistan being bombed right now they deserve every little bit of it and I hope that they all suffer more pain than we did. :mad:

-Jôker-
09-11-2001, 04:27 PM
.....i am speechless this is awful i want blood for this too if i could i would enlist to but right now since most of us cant i think we should just take this seroius and not joke about it at school the ppl involved in this should be pissin in their pants.... because they have awoke a sleeping giant! but from what the news says is that kubal,afhagnistan is under attack... they think its a civil war but their not sure.... got the pic wrong but o well....dang i posted when there were 5 but nows there are 8 of them!

paintballrulzs
09-11-2001, 04:28 PM
watch the tv they r bombin them now. well they may be done. MAn i wish i was 18 only 3 years away. Doesn't if countries invade us then u can be any age?

spyderkiller
09-11-2001, 04:34 PM
Ok, I seriously doubt that anything as drastic as war will happen. If it is a terrorist group like they assume, what the heck kind of war would that be? It would last about a week before every single last one of em was wiped off the face of the earth. Also, I seriously doubt that those missiles over Afghanistan right now are American missiles even though they deserve it.

dave p
09-11-2001, 04:41 PM
from where i live i see air traffic from jfk, lga, newark and westchester. its wierd not to see any planes in the sky when usually all you have to do is look up around here. just heard a few military jets go by, loud and fast, couldnt see em tho.

spyderkiller
09-11-2001, 04:44 PM
Ok, one of the first aftereffects of this crisis is apparent: gas prices. In Indiana where my sister goes to college the gas prices have risen to somewhere around $5 per gallon. She called and told us to fill up on gas before the prices rise here too(Michigan).

jcarkeys
09-11-2001, 04:47 PM
It all seems like a movie. Like Armageddon whent he buildings start collapsing. It seems fake, maybe even funny in the movies, but now, it is real and depressing. The U.S. hasn't been living in fear, like Israel, so this was a totally new concept to us. As other people have said, the US will rally around this point, and rebuild to a grandeur that hasn't before been seen. I sure hope that is right, and that there are no more attacks.

kman32
09-11-2001, 04:49 PM
this is incredibly horrible. how could this happen to us? my heart goes out to any members of the AO familly that was directly affected by this and any other citizens of the US. now america needs to come together and rebuild and get our revenge.

Yama
09-11-2001, 04:51 PM
Does anybody think that the Mayo Clinic in Rochester,MN will be another target? also the guy that tried to bomb the WTC 8 years ago, is in a Federal Mental institute in Rochester(15 minutes away from my house), there is really HIGH security over there right now.

MaGSkEr
09-11-2001, 04:53 PM
Ok, I seriously doubt that anything as drastic as war will happen. If it is a terrorist group like they assume, what the heck kind of war would that be?

Well you see this attack is so large that is simply has to be backed up by a country or two. This is scary stuff.

Army i woul really like to hear from you on what is going on. You always seem to have good comforting knowledge at these times.

shartley
09-11-2001, 04:53 PM
Spyderkiller:
Actually this should not affect Gas Prices at all. Why the prices have gone up there (I would like confirmation on this phenomenon though), but it does not make sense.

This does not have anything to do with any of the major Oil Producing countries in the Middle East, nor affected our internal oil reserves. Any rise in Gas Prices would then be due to simple greed and ignorance, as well as relying on fear to make a few bucks.

This concerns me.

Major Ho
09-11-2001, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by paintballrulzs
HAHAHA lets take out the middle east. I HATE EM!!! They deserve all the **** they get. I can't believe all those ***gots dancin. My god that pisses me off. I am afraid we may go to war. Think of it this way. They call this pearl harbor 2. How many deaths in pear harbor bout 2100 or so. How many in this? MUCH MUCH more. Also what pisses me off alot of the people who died were rescuers. They could have actually messed us up much more. Think of it this way. C-5? If they had some on the planes and had it detonate say ... 45 min after the plane crashed. All the rescuers would have been killed and tons more people. Man i am so pissed. I can't wait til photos of those stupid turban bastards cryin over what we did rather than laughin at us. I can't believe the balls some of these countries have. That takes guts.
Good Lordy people. Nothing has been confirmed yet and you all want to go and bomb some countries. That is sick...Shooting before you ask questions can be the dumbest mistake. Little China men are just as good a suspect as Osama Ben landen(sp?) Hes just more prime because he had declared war on the US in the past.

Load SM5
09-11-2001, 05:03 PM
If it makes sense or not,it is happeneing. I just spent 30 minutes sitting in line in a gas station because the prices are supposed to go up 10 cents a gallon every day for the rest of the week.
I hope to God there is a legitimate excuse for raising gas prices. I cwould hate to believe that our country would succumb to greed in the face of a tragedy like this.

spyderkiller
09-11-2001, 05:03 PM
I am seeing it around here also. Gas prices are surely going up around here. I was watching the news and they made the comment that this has effected the world market and that barrels of oil have risen in price by $3. That's how much it had risen when i was watching. It could be more by now.

AGDMINIMAGAGD
09-11-2001, 05:05 PM
I just found out that my friends dad was on one of the flights from boston. Oh god. Another woman from my town was on the flight too. I have no idea what to say.

shartley
09-11-2001, 05:07 PM
That just makes me sick. There is no logical or economical reason FOR that to happen. I hope the Government steps in and does something.

It is bad enough to deal with the REAL disaster of the Attack, let alone a self made one of overinflated gas prices. :(

spyderkiller
09-11-2001, 05:09 PM
This is very true but I doubt there is anything that the government can do to restabalize the market after something like this. It's gonna be quite tippy the next couple of weeks. There are 30 car lines backed up waiting to get gas right down the street from me. It's gotten out that gas prices are on the rise and people are filling up while it's only $1.90 instead of $5.

eric13
09-11-2001, 05:11 PM
ben laden would take the blame . he is one of those people that tell you he did it.

i heard that he said he did not do it.

but obviously he might be lying

this really is terrible

spyderkiller
09-11-2001, 05:15 PM
Always in the past when Ben Laden did something against the United States he would come right out and say that he did it because he was proud of his handy work. If this was Laden's doing, wouldn't you think he would be proud of this and say that he did it? I mean, it was beautifully planned, however tragic it may be. But from what I'm hearing, Laden is denying any envolvement.

Hasty8
09-11-2001, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Thordic

This is why I asked people not to post yet. The car bomb was at the state department in Washington DC, not in New York City, and last time I checked it wasn't 100% confirmed. You are just spreading rumors.

Also, 50K is the maximum employees that could be there. Seeing as the attacks started slightly before normal business hours, they don't think the building was full, and also a lot of people WERE able to escape (They have on guy on the radio who had escaped from the 90th floor.) Please do NOT spread rumors or anything of the sort until official statements are made.

I agree with you on the need to control hyperbole and rumor but one thing I need to point out.

There were probably people in the WTC towers as early as 7AM. I work in finance but in the tax area. When I was interviewing with Deloitte & Touche, offices in 1 WFC, right across the street, my job there would of started at 8am.

I don't think the time of it mattered so much as did the time between attackes. By allowing for at least 15 minutes between collisions, they allowed for large amounts of spectators and emergency personnel to congregate.

Larger target.

I fully and wholly condemn this attack and feel that it is time for us, as a democracy and as a world leader, to stop allowing every two bit hoodlum with a billroll and a bone to pick with us to slap us in the face. We need to find out exactly who did this to us, what country they were based in and vector in some high explosive ordanance.

This alos presents one great heck of an opportunity for Congress to allow a few shadow ops teams to neutralize known terrorist targets. I really hope Osama Bin Laden gets one in the buttocks.

One last point here. While I am as outraged as everyone else please realise that these fanatics are a very smal minority if the Islamic/Muslim faith. These are truly peaceful religions, which is odd, because Mohammed was a ruthless man but that is a discussion for another day.

Anyway, I've got to go. I've been in front of the tv all day.

Talk to you all later.

Hasty8

Hasty8
09-11-2001, 05:16 PM

Relax Son. This is what I'm talking about. Do you honestly think that 5 year olds know why they are being told to be happy and to dance?

Magadeth
09-11-2001, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by spyderkiller
Always in the past when Ben Laden did something against the United States he would come right out and say that he did it because he was proud of his handy work. If this was Laden's doing, wouldn't you think he would be proud of this and say that he did it? I mean, it was beautifully planned, however tragic it may be. But from what I'm hearing, Laden is denying any envolvement.

Actually Laden's sop is to have the people who carry out the acts of terrorism to be several steps removed from him so that he can maintain plauseable deniability. He denied the previos wtc bombing but we now know that his folowers were responsible.

spyderkiller
09-11-2001, 05:22 PM
Oh, I did not know this. Thanks for the information. I was just repeating what was said on the news about how most acts of terrorism are claimed by a terrorist group because they want everyone to know they did it. I just connected them saying terrorist group with them saying ben laden...sorry. I made the wrong assumption.

eric13
09-11-2001, 05:25 PM
so did i

Hasty8
09-11-2001, 05:26 PM
Hey folks.

I am totally clueless in this. I read the posts on page 5 and tried to copy it but it wouldn't paste.

Can some one please explain, as if you were talking to a five year old, how I get the respect icon in my signature?

Thanks so much.

cphilip
09-11-2001, 05:29 PM
OK looks like everyone is being very adult! Good work guys!!!

On note: these gas gougers are going down. Laws against this kind of thing. We in Hurricanecountry know these. Be patient. let it take hold. I want them reported. they will go down very quick if you do. Take names. This kind of thing is totaly irresponsible. I want them prosecuted. And they will be if you help. Report them now. They are actually worse than terrorists. Take them down too.

shartley
09-11-2001, 05:31 PM
Spyderkiller:
I just checked with my local IRVING Station. They have always been on top of all Gas issues up here, and guess what…. There are NO gas price raises coming this way due to today’s attack.

The gas prices have been fluctuating up here for some time, and can even go up by 7-10 cents in one evening. But it has nothing to do with the attack. Also the prices of barrel oil has nothing to do with the attack either…. And this is because when was the last time we purchased OIL from Afghanistan? LOL

This does not have anything to do with OPEC. And you would think that if this was a serious issue, we would also hear about THAT on the News, and I have heard nothing. And I have two TV’s on and check News Sites… and nothing about the rise of gas prices due to the attack.

There are things that have been happening in the OIL Industry for some time, and it has caused prices to Yo Yo… and I would say this is just another one of them. The fact that it happens now just allows people to blame it on what they can SEE, and rely on FEAR to make a buck (as I said before).

I am sorry people are being duped into buying this gas at inflated prices, and that people actually BELIEVE that is the reasons for it. But since I personally contacted a major Gas Provider, and even THEY said that if prices were to rise the way some on this board have said they would, THEY would stop buying it too… I will take that is a better indicator of the actual situation. I am sure you realize I am not doubting you or any of the other Posters….. it is just NOT happening here, and should not be happening there either.

Makes you wonder WHY, and again… makes me sick.

-§on-
09-11-2001, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Hasty8

Relax Son. This is what I'm talking about. Do you honestly think that 5 year olds know why they are being told to be happy and to dance?

True, True....They get Brain washed and the Terrorist give them Ak-47's, If we got brainwashed we would get like M-60 and be trained to kill.

shartley
09-11-2001, 05:35 PM
Hasty8:
Please visit the following link. It has instructions for you.

Thanks.

AGD
09-11-2001, 05:40 PM
Everyone on AO,

I am monitoring your posts but I will not have much time to respond to this tragedy. Washington DC has called about pepper and marking paintballs so we might get called to serve the country at this time.

Thanks

AGD

ReTroMagBoy
09-11-2001, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Everyone on AO,

I am monitoring your posts but I will not have much time to respond to this tragedy. Washington DC has called about pepper and marking paintballs so we might get called to serve the country at this time.

Thanks

AGD

damn what would they need paintballs for????

Magsrule3
09-11-2001, 05:47 PM
This is truely the saddest day I can remember. May God help all of those in the blasts and their families. I live in MA where 2 of the planes where hijacked. I would have to out blame on Logan Airport in Boston. They have horrible security that allowed these terrorists to get on the plane. There is a guy that lives near me that is a American airlines pilot who a while back conducted a saftey test at Logan. He mads it through the airport with a shotgun in a trench coat. I must say I am extremely angry at Logan for not repairing their security. To top of my day while in school(2nd day as a freshman for me) someone had to make a bomb threat and pull the fire alarm. We all had to leave the building and go hom early. I'm deeply hurt that anyone would be heartless uneough to crash into the WTC and the pentagon.

FaSSt
09-11-2001, 05:55 PM
My heartfelt sympathies go out to everyone killed or injured in these terrorist acts and to their families. I am as jaded as anyone when it comes to world news, but watching CNN brought tears to my eye.

It took me a good three hours to BELIEVE, deep down inside, that it was news, not some Hollywood fiction. It still does not seem real in some ways. But then I guess that's the effect the perpetrators of these acts were trying for.

My symphaties also go out to the F-16 pilot who had the terrible duty of shooting down the American airliner over Pennsylvania to prevent it from being used as another flying bomb against Washington. How must that poor guy feel? Knowing that whatever he did, innocent people would die. I can only hope that the families of those on the plane understand and can forgive/comfort him.

Load SM5
09-11-2001, 05:57 PM
I just hear dthat a woman phoned her husband from one of the planes that hit the towers. She said the terrorists were armed with only knives and box cutters. How can a group armed so poorly take overpower a plane?
Clearly the people on board had no idea they were destined for a suicide run. I can't believe they would sit back and go to their deaths for fear of being badly cut.

MaGSkEr
09-11-2001, 06:00 PM
I just found we had a family friend on one of the Boston flights.

Load SM5
09-11-2001, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by MaGSkEr
I just found we had a family friend on one of the Boston flights.

So sorry, man.

jas142
09-11-2001, 06:09 PM
It has been confirmed that
On atleast one of the planes the terrorists hijacked the plane with knives.

Also, this is what CNN has just said

48 policemen and 200 firefighters are un-accounted for an persumed dead

This is a truly sad day for America.

Arturus
09-11-2001, 06:10 PM
There's not much to say... a sad day, not only for our nation and the people who have suffered so terribly in the terrorist acts... but for the rest of humanity as well.

Even worse is the fact that acts of senseless violence, such as this, and inhumanity occurs on a daily basis. We just never take notice of it, or worse... Turn a blind eye towards it, and say it isn't our problem.

I remember waking up this morning to a phone call, from my mom, and her telling me that America's at war. A bit of exageration on her part, but the actual events that followed were enough to bring tear to my eyes, where I stood. In the years to come... history, will judge us by how we react.

What will our response be... I hope our future generations won't be too harsh on us.

Major Ho
09-11-2001, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
I just hear dthat a woman phoned her husband from one of the planes that hit the towers. She said the terrorists were armed with only knives and box cutters. How can a group armed so poorly take overpower a plane?
Clearly the people on board had no idea they were destined for a suicide run. I can't believe they would sit back and go to their deaths for fear of being badly cut.
The "officials" asked the same question. They could have boarded the plane just like anyone else goind through reg. security and the whole shabang xept for the fact that they coulda have even packed like 30 people on the plane and taken it by sheer force and numbers. Another question arose was that how many attempts were made to hijack other planes that never succeeded? They could have even taken the planes over with knives from the galley. Im sure its not THAT hard to sneak on board with a little knife. That and the fact that many times I have seen the cockpit door open during flight.

Magsrule3
09-11-2001, 06:18 PM
I know it could of been a knofe from onboard the plane too. But Logan does have horrible security. P.S did anyone see the poor soles jump out the building form like the 100th floors. It was horrible to see all this. I would like to know if Army will be on anytime soon to inform us of thingse he knows.

Load SM5
09-11-2001, 06:24 PM
Magsrule3- change the {} to [] and the image in your sig will work

PsychoMag
09-11-2001, 06:43 PM
I just found out that another building collapsed...my co-captain is going there first thing in the morning. He is a well decorated volunteer in the Fire Dept. as well as a volunteer EMT...Good Luck SuperNinjaChuck...

Hasty8
09-11-2001, 06:53 PM
REgarding the knives used in the attack. Please keep in mind that this information is in no way official, rather my musings on it.

My friend is in the CIA. Exactly what division I do not know. That is a job requirement he says or he could just be perpertrating that story to get...attention from the ladies, capice?

Anyways, a few years ago he gave me the kewlest knife I ever seen. A ceramic/teflon/carbon knife. This thing has the sharpest edge I have ever seen and absolutely zero metal. You could carry four billion of these things through the best metal detector in the world and it would never set it off.

I believe that this is what was used. All you would have to have is three or four maniacs on the plane, one trained to fly. After the plane has leveled off, they arise, enmass and storm the cockpit, kill the crew and lock the flight trained psycho while they hold off the crew and passengers.

Before anyone understands what is going on they crash.

Again, this is just supposition and guess work on my end and is in no way to be taken as verified fact.

We have to also realise, we are in danger every day, especially in the large cities. The difference between us and the rest of the riffraff is our indominatable will and determination to survive. Not to make drums start beating and stuff like that but we will over come, we will survive and we will rebuild.

This is the greatest country on this great blue marble and it will take a heck of a lot more then some religious zealot with a billroll and delusions of grandeur.

I had plans to go paintballing this Friday and this friday I'll be getting the heck shot out of me. Just like every other friday.

My love and strength and compassion goes to everyone effected by this travesty, and that is just about everyone who loves freedom.

~Backdraft~
09-11-2001, 07:05 PM
Amen

shartley
09-11-2001, 07:05 PM
I was thinking about the knives issue, and I first wondered why no one fought them. I know I would have if I knew that I was going to die anyway…. But that is the key!

Normally when a Jet is Hijacked, it is to divert its flight to another location.. NOT to crash it into a building. So in THAT aspect, I would more than likely think that if we all just sat still, we would simply be in for a long ride with some unknown destination… NOT my death.

I don’t think anyone knew they were going to die. Until maybe the final approach to the buildings.

As a terrorist you want to maintain as much control over the situation as you can, so why would they even let the passengers know it was not a classic Hijacking? This would cause people to do what I would have done… since I would have nothing to lose either way. At least if I was successful, we would all live.

Just my thoughts, and the only rational explanation I can think of that would prevent the passengers from fighting.

Minimag4me
09-11-2001, 07:11 PM
BY the time i got here you guys already covered what i wanted to say but i wil add god bless all the people that died and we will strike back and those responcible will find themselves desroyed by the USA. I can just see the Army rangers going to afgasistan or wherever and raping the crap out of whoever is responcible with bullets. Bring in the atomics and this wont happen again for another 50 years.
Also im very mad at the palistinians for celebrating our tragety. Acts of war are retaliated by larger acts of war.

wimag
09-11-2001, 07:17 PM
When the shock wears off and the anger starts to heavily set in, there WILL be hell to pay and we will be looking for someone to anti-up. PERIOD!!

automagseeker
09-11-2001, 07:33 PM
whoh here has school tomm, I live in VA pretty close to the Pentagon, and my gay private school calles me at 9:40 pm and says we have school tomm, even tho the news said we closed, I know this is a little off topic of the terrorists issue, but I am pissed enough, why should I have to go to school?!?!?!?!??!

martlet1
09-11-2001, 07:35 PM
Once again the Tree of Liberty has been feed with the blood of the innocents. You never know when or if you will be called upon to be a sacrifice for the Tree of Liberty.
May God be with all the familys of the victims, all the rescue people, with our military personal, our President, and with our Country.
God bless America and be with her now.

mykroft
09-11-2001, 08:03 PM
SOP in a hijacking situation before today is for the pilots to co-operate completely. The emphasis is to get the plane on the ground. Therefore knives would be sufficient, but historically guns and/or bombs were used. That has now changed. The woman taling to her husband was the wife of the Solicitor General, her plane hit the Pentagon.

Re: Attacks in Kabul: The Northern Aliance attacked the taliban in retaliation for an attempt to kill the head of the NA yesterday.

Oh yeah, I think Army's going to be a bit busy for a while, all US armed forces are on high alert.

Adam

zvanut
09-11-2001, 08:25 PM
i gotta go in a few but it has been a long day, we need to get some sleep. just remember to pray for all those involved, and all those like ARMY, who might have it harder than us. good night and GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Hasty8
09-11-2001, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by automagseeker
whoh here has school tomm, I live in VA pretty close to the Pentagon, and my gay private school calles me at 9:40 pm and says we have school tomm, even tho the news said we closed, I know this is a little off topic of the terrorists issue, but I am pissed enough, why should I have to go to school?!?!?!?!??!

To get an education so you can get a good job so you can help lead this country so that the flame of liberty never extinguishes. So that the light of freedom never grows dim and so that the US, beacon of strength that she is, will forever stand guard against those that would stirke out from the darkness at the innocent.

'nuff said!

zvanut
09-11-2001, 08:45 PM
also... God Bless the FIREFIGHTERS AND COPS who have died, been injured, or not yet found. You guys are helping keep our nation together at this tough time.

Army
09-11-2001, 08:55 PM
"High Alert" ha, that always cracks me up. We are always on high alert. What our "Threat Condition" is; is ThreatCon DELTA....locked and loaded at all facilities.

I don't have much to say, other than:

"Thank you Mr. Clinton for making Americans live out such a horrendous, murdurous act conducted by spineless, cowardly idealists. Your tenure as President has allowed moral to hit an alltime low. Your cutting of military funding, while tripleing our mission load has resulted in a military that doesn't have the powder to blow it's nose. Your lies to the American people has sucked the life blood from our willingness to sacrifice for the common defense. You ran from your promise to the Army in a blatant act of cowardice, and yet used the military option at every turn. Making sure that brave sons and daughters die for your foolish whims.

Well now, we are in the thick of it. Your pandering to the vile terrorists that have, in your jaded dope filled eyes, become legitimate members of the world community gave strength to their goal of killing as many US citizens as possible. Take a look at YOUR handiwork, for you are just as responsible for the NY tragedy by you and your evil wife allowing the terrorist leader Yassir Arafat to operate with impunity. The blood of thousands of Americans are on your hands, you son of a *****."

America, watch your six. out here

capn' krunch
09-11-2001, 08:59 PM
Even only 50 cents.
paypal makes no money from this

Dayspring
09-11-2001, 09:04 PM
I don't know if this was posted or not, but Nostrodamus had a prophecy about this.

In the year of the new century and nine months, from the sky will come a great King of Terror...The sky will burn at fourty-five degrees. Fire approaches the great new city..." "In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb. The third great war will begin when the big city is burning." ~ Nostradamus

cphilip
09-11-2001, 09:08 PM
HEY ARMY! good to see ya on. Kick us some booty you get the chance right?

Keep it cool all. We will win this one. I got a bucha SC rednecks down here. All of em got guns. Get me a boat is all I need!

mikey101
09-11-2001, 09:09 PM
I now have the highest respect for you. What you said is exactly what I wanted to say, but didn't have the guts. Thank you for saying that.

and yes, the gas prices are going up here as well. it is now around $6 a gallon in Limon Colorado(the plains of CO)

cphilip
09-11-2001, 09:14 PM
AGAIN! those gas prices are illegal. Do not bend to these anti american gold diggers! they will be found and persecuted. There is no reason for them to do this other than greed. I am ashamed of them. Do not panic! Ignore them!

Magadeth
09-11-2001, 09:15 PM
Hey Army,I might be joining you soon. I turn 28, Nov 2cnd. Will they still take me?

My cousin was at the pentagon when this happened. She says she heard and felt a loud thud, and then went to the ladies room and when she came out people were running around in the hallways and yelled at her to get out. She did so and spent 5 hours in traffic trying to get home. (Normally a 5 minute drive).

So I am taking this VERY personaly. You mess with my country and I am pissed. You mess with my FAMILY and I will rip your head off. I want to do what I can to get some payback.

deweasel697
09-11-2001, 09:16 PM
Is that a real prophecy?

Restola
09-11-2001, 09:23 PM
i predict that some day there will be a fire and war. i am a prophet.

automagseeker
09-11-2001, 09:25 PM
I was wondering if Nostradamus was Catholic, or was he accpeted, that his prophacies where believed by the Church, the Catholic Church? This is very interesting if this is true...

OldSchoolMag
09-11-2001, 09:25 PM
Personally, I see how we can all be so mad, but let's not jump to conclusions people - the Palestines may be happy, but that doesn't mean they're responsible. Remember a little thing about 7 years back in Oklahoma? Everyone jumps to the conclusion it's international terrorists, and it turns out to be some redneck with a pyro's cookbook. Let's wait and see what surfaces before jumping to conclusions. My school, which is considered exemplarary and of private school status (one of the best schools in the state) has had MANY arguments and nearly fights over this - just because someone is Palestinian. I've already seen people spit on others, just because of the country they were born in.
Also, in regards to the "how do you get knifes that are dangerous onboard planes?" Well, I was thinking, and this might have happened - they could have put large knives (machetties, bowie knives, etc - basically BIG knives) in the side of the luggage - think of those roll on luggage cases, and try to cut a slot in the side and slip a sheet of metal inside of it. Then, send it through a metal detector - just the standard siding, they figure.
I'm 15 years old - the biggest concern in my life until this day was whether or not the chick I was going out with would break up with me. An event like this has the capability to shape or break a nation - to bring together in a time of need, or to disperse in desperation for survival.
I believe if we all stick together, and come together as a nation, then the threat of terrorists, no matter how great or horrific, can never shake our spirits. America was the first country to offer freedom for all. It will be the last.

TamaPlaya
09-11-2001, 09:28 PM
If they bombed WTO and the Pent. you gotta ask why.. Well, if I was a part of who ever did this, and I wanted to attack the U.S. I'd want to slow down, or stop any means of them getting money, meterials, people, ect.. Other wise the U.S., would be almost impossible to win against.. we have more money, meterials, tech., ect., ect. then almost any other country in the world. To attack us, would be like trying to empty a bucket of water, by scopping it out with another bucket, that has a hole in it... you cant get rid of the water, unless you sto pthe supply. Take out WTO, you take out are alot of money comming into the US, you.. kill.. alot of people that could be drafted, and become an enemy with a gun. Take out the Pentagon, and you eleminate top, officials, troops, intellegence, money, supplys, ect., ect.. They where trying to stop the source of the water.. and they almost did... If you ask me.. we need to start worrying about the source of water running out.. and watching as the bucket without a hole, lands its troops, wether by Parachutes, or boats. And start building THERE sand castle...

automagseeker
09-11-2001, 09:32 PM
Well said oldschoolmag, America will stand thru this, I think it is a trial of how united we are. I mean we are only the United Sates of America. We will institue, all justice, fairness, and freedom for the ppl. We need to come together in this great time of need and lend a helping hand to all who need it. This is trualy a test of our unity, a test we were the first to win, and will always win. America is a great nation and will continue to be great, these are the very things in the lives of us, American's that make us even stronger than before. God Bless to all who died, and may God give you eternal peace.

zyprex2000
09-11-2001, 09:32 PM
I have been in shock since 10am when i saw the falling of twin towers on TV. I guess it is really hard for me to accept that twin towers are no longer in the part of lower mannh. skyline. I had lived in brooklyn for years, and seeing WTC was part of my daily commute. I don't know how to decribe to you the beautity of lower Mannh. nite lights are. (ppl who have been in brooklyn height park know what i meant) btw, I have found out that all my friends who worked in nyc are okay.. THANK GOD. A friend of mine could not stop crying because she saw ppl jump out of window from 9-10th floor with their clothes on fire.. what a horrific images!!

zyprex

Tbone
09-11-2001, 09:57 PM
One of my family's best friends was on the 100th floor of the second building. He just won a grueling battle against a cancerous tumor in his brain last month that he'd been fighting for half a year. No one has heard from him since before he left for work. I think he's dead. I think I'm going to throw up.

AGD
09-11-2001, 10:11 PM
Things are getting wierd here in our home town. My girlfriend was driving in town and saw a guy walking down the street carying an axe. The police were just pulling up to arrest him.

We got another scare when we saw one lone plane start decending toward the west, since we didn't hear any more about it I must assume it was military.

Another friend of mine emailed me tonight to say he was in the FAA control room watching one plane circle Chicago all afternoon.... it was an F16.

What is the world coming too.

AGD

blee70
09-11-2001, 10:14 PM
I heard about the news first thing this morning (EST) as I was getting out of my car and into the office...

My sister-in-law works across the street from the WTC and she heard the first crash when she was getting out of WTC from the train. Then as they were evacuating the building, she saw the second plane hit the other tower. From where she was standing, she saw 3 people jumping from the top of the tower to certainly their deaths. (God bless them and their families.) She started to walk uptown (north) to where my wife works.

My wife was downstairs buying breakfast when a stampede of people ran down the street screaming, "Oh my God!!" Thank god she was near the entrance of her office else she could've been crushed or trampled.

In the meantime, almost all communications into the city was flooded and I couldn't contact either my wife nor her sister. Luckily, my wife's company had the common sense to "lock down" the building - no one other than employees were allowed into the building other than the lobby, and both were relatively safe inside. Eventually, they called me - at this point, I was home already and picked up our kids from school. They had to wait for train service to be restored before they can get home. All land transportation (tunnels and bridges)into Manhattan were closed, unless you were emergency personnel. Anyway, both of them made it home tonight. Thank God. My prayers go out to those who did not.

P.S. A close friend of ours works on the 98th floor of 2 WTC. She was on maternity leave and home. However, her company which consisted of 100+ coworkers, all are expected to be dead. This is the tower where the second plane hit....

Again just my experience.....

TamaPlaya
09-11-2001, 10:17 PM
Simple answer for a simple question...

War.

squall
09-11-2001, 10:24 PM
Let's hope not....

TamaPlaya
09-11-2001, 10:26 PM
Yeah... its the last thing this world needs... more fighting.

FeelTheRT
09-11-2001, 10:31 PM
i doubt there will be a war breaking out between countries because remember, it's not a country behind what happened today... er yesterday, it's a group of terrorisms or a "network" of em as Ho calls it. What really stumps me is where are they getting the missles that they used on the Capital of Afghanistan.

gimp
09-11-2001, 10:45 PM
Wow, I dont think it really hit me until I started hearing all the storys of people losing friends and family members. I don't worry about the national crisis or anything, but I can sympathize with all the people who were involved with this. Many of them wont be able to watch a movie where a building gets blown up anymore. My condolences go out to everyone. For most of us, there isn't much we can do, just remember everyone in prayer.

martlet1
09-11-2001, 10:46 PM
Fox news is reporting that the passenget manifestos are listing people with ties to Bin Laden from Cal, and Fla. The FBI is now doing warrent searches of those peoples friends and neighbors.

The WTC was a target before, and when they were taking the guy resposible to court , one of the marshals looked at the WTC and said "look its still standing" and the guy replied, "it wouldnt be if i had had more money"..
He's in the Chester Federal Pen across the river from me in IL.
This building has been a target for a LONG long time by this group. They see it as Israels key to financial ties to the United States.

AGD-OfficeGal
09-11-2001, 10:48 PM
I've read the whole thread and there were a few things I didn't see and wanted to mention - sorry if any of these things WERE posted. I heard all these things on the news, given as definite, not rumors.

1. The plane that crashed in Pennsylvania was on a course for Camp David. I was going to say more but realize I may now have some of what I heard mixed up between that plane and another, but that much I am sure of.

2. At least 200 firefighters and nearly 100 police are missing and presumed dead from when the first tower collapsed, including the NYC fire chief and deputy fire chief.

Here is a list of rumors that have been entirely disproved or have been officially denied:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/weekly/aa091101a.htm

Team coverage from specialists in various topics:

http://usnews.about.com/library/blterrorattack.htm

Thanks for the welcome to the forum - but what a sad day to join.

Marcia
AGD Front Office

Mr.E Mag Man
09-12-2001, 12:50 AM
Hey, they showed a lot of coverage of the second crash, here's one of the first crash:

Crash 1 (http://www.cnn.com/video/us/2001/09/12/first.plane.hits.gp.med.qtref.mov)

I can't say it on these forums, but The people in the video say exactly what I said when I heard about it.

This elephant fecal matter makes me sick.

Marlin45-70
09-12-2001, 02:34 AM
Hello all,

Many of you have not really gotten the chance to speak with me because I have'nt been around very long on this board. I am a former Marine as well as a Father to a one month old boy (Kenneth J. Cunningham IV), and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised with the views I am seeing here today.
All through my career I have been s**t on and insulted by all these Anti-American punks that litter most of our beautiful college campuses today. I've been called, "baby killer", "pig", and other scatological expletives.
You can say that I have grown to feel that most of todays youth doesnt really care about our wonderful nation for which so many of our ancestors have bled for at one time or another. I, for one, have had family working both here in the USA and overseas as well during the Second War.
Just today, I spoke with my grandmother, and cried in mourning for our lost brothers and sisters in this horrible trajedy. She stated, "I had hoped that you'd never feel the pain that I, and so many others felt in our great nation during 7 December 41." I wept for all those lost, I wept for all those who lost someone, and I wept for those who will eventually loose someone through the future actions that may come later on.
I later completed my conversation with my grandmother, thought to my self, and wondered. With so much "partisan bickering" coming from both sides in the Congress, and bickering coming from between common Americans. Be it Abortion, the 2nd Amendment, or any other issue for that matter, I sincerely pray that maybe for just one moment, or if we're lucky enough, for our lifetimes, we, as Americans could stick together in what we have come to know as one of the greatest tradjedies in our time.
I know that this was a quite a long post, but this is how I feel. Please know that I am praying for each and every one of us, so that we may do our best to serve our wonderful nation that has done so much for us during the past 225 years. I just sincerely pray that deep down in the hearts of those who were responsible for this trajic incident feel as Hirohito did after his attack on Pearl Harbor and I quote, "We have awoken a sleeping giant". And know that retribution is coming.

All my prayers, God bless this Nation, Our Republic, and Our Leader George W. Bush.

Kenneth J. Cunningham III

cphilip
09-12-2001, 07:15 AM
Blee70, great to hear your family is alright. Was concerned about them and thanks for the report.

Marcia from AGD, Welcome to AO and thanks for your comments. However as you know now the destination of the flight that crashed in Pittsburg is still speculative. Also speculated the passengers may have made an attempt to take it back or took it back but where unable to fly it. May never know.

Good to see how everyone is handling this very traumatic situation. Thanks for your attitudes and support. We shall prevail.

Sgt Carnage
09-12-2001, 08:34 AM
THANKYOU SHARTLEY

slayer
09-12-2001, 09:14 AM
First off...Hello Marcia.

Now for the business:

Originally posted by Marlin45-70

All through my career I have been s**t on and insulted by all these Anti-American punks that litter most of our beautiful college campuses today. I've been called, "baby killer", "pig", and other scatological expletives.
You can say that I have grown to feel that most of todays youth doesnt really care about our wonderful nation for which so many of our ancestors have bled for at one time or another. I, for one, have had family working both here in the USA and overseas as well during the Second War.

I have to sympathize somewhat with you in that soldiers really do get a bad rap, even though it is the politicians that really deserve most of the blame. I have always felt that being soldier in a time of peace was being a legal professional killer. I retain my opinion as such, but with the following caveat without these professional killers we would have no recourse against or protection from the people who have attacked us yesterday. So what I am saying is that I believe our military must be used correctly and justly in dealing with threats around the globe otherwise America will become nothing more than a huge bloodthirsty bully.
So in relating all my rehtoric to my opion on what should be done with the individuals I would have to say that we must kill every single one. Not as much for retaliatory measures, or even to serve justice but as a preventitive measure to wipe out this group, and to send a precedent to any other country/group that is willing to pull this crap. They are obviously dedicated to their cause, have no regard for human life, and in that respect are no better than animals.
This is nescessary because I highly doubt the group will surrender peacefully, or surrender themselves at all. The problem I fear with a policy such as this (which is what I figure bush is going to follow to some degree) is that in our rush to point the finger we may annihilate the wrong people or country. We must be very sure before taking such drastic measures, because if Pearl Harbor made us go to war and this is so much like it, that I feel the results may end up in a very similiar way they did with Japan +- the use of nuclear weapons.

martlet1
09-12-2001, 10:00 AM
I have always felt that being soldier in a time of peace was being a legal professional killer. I retain my opinion as such, but with the following caveat without these professional killers we would have no recourse against or protection from the people who have attacked us yesterday.

The constitution of the United States of America, gives authorization to soldiers to defend the country, by authority of the Executive branch to use all means necessary to defend the country. They are not professional killers. They are the men and women who stand as our protectors and defenders.

Being a soldier means that you are no longer a civilian, and you lose many rights by being in the military. You take orders and follow them. Period. By saying that they are professional killers is not only disrespectful of the armed forces, but also disrespectful of the people who give them the power to enforce the laws and beliefs of our country.

AGD
09-12-2001, 10:21 AM
It doesn't get any closer than this, I just found out my partner in our military project was in his office in the Pentagon AND WATCHED THE PLANE COME INTO THE BUILDING! I have not talked to him directly yet but should soon. More news as I get it.

AGD

slayer
09-12-2001, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by martlet1

The constitution of the United States of America, gives authorization to soldiers to defend the country, by authority of the Executive branch to use all means necessary to defend the country. They are not professional killers. They are the men and women who stand as our protectors and defenders.

Being a soldier means that you are no longer a civilian, and you lose many rights by being in the military. You take orders and follow them. Period. By saying that they are professional killers is not only disrespectful of the armed forces, but also disrespectful of the people who give them the power to enforce the laws and beliefs of our country.

I appreciate your concern and respectful disagreement with my commments but I didn't mean any disrespect to members of the armed forces but one must call something what they are. Members of the armed forces are payed and trained (thus making them professional) and in defending our country often kill people(in fact that is what many are trained to do). That to me is a valid definition, it is also true that they are protectors of our Country and American interests(both political and economic) throughout the world. And another thing, I do have a lot of disrespect and contempt for the politicians that run our nation. Lie, cheat and steal is what they do. Not all of them but a good deal. Now I know that no one here is going to agree with me, so I am willing to drop this, furthermore I am not going to write in this post again unless someone intentionally flames me (my point is made, I stand on it, and it is open to the scrutiny of all).

PS: anyone who thinks war is fun or a good thing, I hope that you never have to fight in one and know what it really is

Jeb_Hoge
09-12-2001, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by AGD
Everyone on AO,

Thanks

AGD

World Bank/IMF meeting towards end of the month, although from the scuttlebutt, the protesters are apparently rethinking their plans...DC-area law enforcement will certainly be more than edgy this time around.

martlet1
09-12-2001, 10:46 AM
Slayer, I wasn't really trying to flame you on this. I agree with about 90 percent of what you posted. You just kind of hit a nerve with me on the pro killer thing.

Here is the New York Plan of rebuilding the towers.. .. its meant to be humorous and not disrespectful of the victims.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=193146&a=10953897&p=21983809

OK...I didn't think it was that bad but I can see it might offend so sorry I am replacing it -cphilip

shartley
09-12-2001, 10:47 AM
PS: anyone who thinks war is fun or a good thing, I hope that you never have to fight in one and know what it really is

This is VERY true, however, at this point there is NO way around it. We cannot let this go unanswered. I have also heard some say that we should not attack others over this because it would only encourage more attacks. This is just ridiculous.

How many attacks have gone unanswered so far? The Ship, The WTC back a while ago, Yesterday’s Attack.. and YES.. The OKC Bombing. If you think that the OKC Bombing was a strictly American Based Attack, you need to think again. There is proof that the American participants in that bombing were in DIRECT contact with the same Terrorist Group thought to have been behind Yesterday’s Attack.

So it is obvious that doing NOTHING will only encourage further attacks anyway. I say the time for action has long since passed and there is NO way around it now.

Sean Connery had a great line in “First Knight”, he said:
“There is a greater peace that can sometimes only be gotten on the other side of War.”

I think that is the case here. A few of us have been there, and know what it is about. It is something not entered into lightly, but at times MUST be entered into. This is now the time.

Respectfully yours……

Sgt Carnage
09-12-2001, 11:00 AM
Wednesday September 12 01:01 PM EDT
Attack Victim's List
By KPIX - Associated Press
Partial lists of those killed in Tuesday's terrorist attacks, according to family members, friends, co-workers and local law enforcement.

• Talk about the Attack on America

American Airlines Flight 11, Boston to Los Angeles, crashed into World Trade Center
CREW:
- John Ogonowski, 52, Dracut, Mass., pilot
- Tom McGuinness, 42, Portsmouth, N.H., co-pilot
- Sara Low, Batesville, Ark., flight attendant
PASSENGERS:
- Anna Williams Allison, 48, Stoneham, Mass.
- David Angell, 54, Pasadena, Calif., executive producer, NBC's "Frasier."
- Lynn Angell, Pasadena, Calif.
- Berry Berenson, 53, Los Angeles, actress and photographer
- Carolyn Beug, 48, Santa Monica, Calif.
- Robin Caplin, Natick, Mass.
- Jeffrey Coombs, 42, Abington, Mass.
- Tara Creamer, 30, Worcester, Mass.
- Thelma Cuccinello, 71, Wilmot, N.H.
- David DiMeglio, Wakefield, Mass.
- Paige Farley Hackel, 46, Newton, Mass.
- Alex Filipov, 70, Concord, Mass.
- Karleton D.B. Fyfe, 31, Brookline, Mass.
- Peter Gay, 54, Taunton, Mass., vice president and general Manager, Raytheon Co. plant.
- Edmund Glazer, 41, Chatsworth, Calif., Chief Financial Officer, MRV Communications Inc.
- Paige Farley Hackel, 46, Newton, Mass.
- Ted Hennessey, 35, Belmont, Mass.
- Charles Jones, 48, Bedford, Mass.
- Jude Larson, 31, Los Angeles
- Natalie Larson, Los Angeles
- Daniel C. Lewin, 31, co-founder of Akamai Technologies
- Chris Mello, 25, Boston
- Laura Lee Morabito, 34, Framingham, Mass., national sales Manager for Quantas Airways
- Jane Orth, Haverhill, Mass.
- Sonia Morales Puopolo, 58, of Massachusetts, former ballet dancer
- David Retik, Needham, Mass.
- Richard Ross, 58, Newton, Mass.
- Mary Wahlstrom, 78, Kaysville, Utah
- Timothy Ward, California
- Bill Weems, Marblehead, Mass., commercial producer

United Airlines Flight 175, Boston to Los Angeles, crashed into World Trade Center
CREW:
- Victor J. Saracini, 51, Lower Makefield Township, Pa., pilot
- Amy Jarret, 28, North Smithfield, R.I., flight attendant
- Al Marchand, Alamogordo, N.M., flight attendant
PASSENGERS:
- Garnet "Ace" Bailey, 53, Lynnfield, Mass., director of pro scouting, Los Angeles Kings
- Mark Bavis, 31, Los Angeles Kings scout
- John Cahill, Wellesley, Mass.
- Lisa Frost, 22, Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.
- Ronald Gamboa, 33, Los Angeles
- Lynn Goodchild, 25, Attleboro, Mass.
- Peter Hanson, Massachusetts
- Susan Hanson, Massachusetts
- Christine Hanson, 2, Massachusetts
- James E. Hayden, 47, Westford, Mass.
- Robert LeBlanc, 70, Lee, N.H., professor emeritus of geography, University of New Hampshire
- Louis Neil Mariani, 59, Derry, N.H.
- Juliana Valentine McCourt, 4, Westford, Mass.
- Ruth McCourt, 24, Westford, Mass.
- Shawn Nassaney, 25, Pawtucket. R.I.
- Jesus Sanchez, 45, Hudson, Mass., off-duty flight attendant
- Brian D. Sweeney, 38, Barnstable, Mass.
- Timothy Ward, San Diego, Rubio's Restaurants executive

American Airlines Flight 77, Washington to Los Angeles, crashed into Pentagon (news - web sites)
CREW:
- Michelle Heidenberger, Chevy Chase, Md., flight attendant
PASSENGERS:
- Charles S. Falkenberg, 45, University Park, Md.
- Karen A. Kincaid, 40, Washington, D.C., lawyer, Wiley Rein & Fielding
- Christopher Newton, Long Beach, Calif.
- Barbara Olson, 45, TV commentator and lawyer
- Bob Speisman, New York
- Leslie A. Whittington, 45, University Park, Md., Georgetown University professor

United Airlines Flight 93, Newark, N.J., to San Francisco, crashed in rural southwest Pennsylvania
CREW:
- Sandy Bradshaw, 38, Greensboro, N.C., flight attendant
- Jason Dahl, Colorado, pilot
- Leroy Homer, Marlton, N.J., crew member
- CeeCee Lyles, Fort Myers, Fla., flight attendant
PASSENGERS:
- Mark Bingham, 31, San Francisco
- Thomas E. Burnett Jr., 38, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Thoratec Corp.
- Lauren Grandcolas of Marin County, Calif.
- Christine Snyder, 32, Kailua, Hawaii

World Trade Center:
- The Rev. Mychael Judge, New York Fire Department chaplain
- Ray Downey, firefighter, chief of special operations command
- William Feehan, First Deputy Commissioner of Fire Department
- Peter Ganci, Fire Department chief

For more Bay Area news and information, visit the PIX Page at www.kpix.com.

slayer
09-12-2001, 11:00 AM
I say I wouldn't post again...but I just wanted to say:
1. martlet1 your tone was understood and I didn't take offense from it.

2. shartley: you are right we have to do something, I wish it didn't have to be a loss of human life (at this point I don't see much of a way around it). Although, when the US keeps getting attacked, it is time for us to hit back with extreme prejudice.

Sgt Carnage
09-12-2001, 11:28 AM
Wednesday September 12 1:08 PM ET
FBI Storms Hotel in Boston

BOSTON (AP) - A heavily armed FBI (news - web sites) team searching for suspects in the terrorism attacks in New York and Washington stormed a Boston hotel Wednesday.

A couple of dozen officers, wearing bulletproof vests and carrying shields, were seen bringing fiber-optic equipment into the Westin Hotel in the Back Bay section.

WHDH-TV reported the officers were using the equipment to check under hotel room doors on hotel's 16th floor, quoting a person who was inside the hotel.

Three ambulances and a police car were stationed outside the hotel as a crowd of onlookers gathered there. Police officers returned repeatedly to a police truck outside to retrieve the fiber-optic equipment, which can be slipped under doors to see inside rooms, WHDH-TV reported.

cphilip
09-12-2001, 11:40 AM
Apparently there was a confrontation with five Arabic looking men yesterday morning in Boston and a person who recognizes them. It happened in a parking area over a parking space. After he took his flight he saw what had happened, put two and two together and reported it to authorities. That led to the discovery of a car with Arabic language Flight Manuals in it. He took them right to it. And perhaps to the link to the Hotel rooms

Also they discovered that one of the airlines had lost over 800 Airline personal ID's in the last year without reporting it or doing anything about it.

The Hotel room is rumored to be where they stayed the night before or for some time before. Making sure they are not booby traped before entering. Also looking at a place in Vero Beach FL.

Weapons are rumored to be stick like things with razor blades attached to them.

All fairly prevalent rumors with a small amount of fact to back them up...except for the car and the Arabic looking men and Flight manuals. That one seems certain.

sovereign82
09-12-2001, 11:53 AM
There is absolutely NO NEED for any humor now or EVER about this incident. How would you feel...if say your blonde sister was murdered, and I go to her funeral and make some stupid blonde joke? I dont think you'd appreciate it. I dont care that you wrote a disclaimer...it IS disrespecting the victims of this incident. I also go to Fordham and I saw the two WTC buildings burning and smoking...I turned my back and looked back, and the last standing building was gone. The saddest thing is I have friends who work there. One of my friends wasn't there yesterday because he had a Health Exam. I, myself, was suppose to be working in the building that was hit second on an internship but I decided against taking it this semester. If I took it, I would likely be dead or I would have known the countless members of Morgan Stanley that died there yesterday.

Your post was uncalled for, disrespectful, and pitiful. I guess some people always need to laugh about something...I guess I dont see the humor in thousands dead that were directly invovled in the incident, and another 400+ people dead who RISKED AND LOST THEIR LIVES TRYING TO SAVE THESE PEOPLE...Only to have jackasses like yourself make a joke about it LESS THAN 24hours after the incident occured.

Real funny...Your a TRUE American.

sov82

(alright cool down! I took out the curse words but realy lets not fight amongst ourselves - cphilip)

Sgt Carnage
09-12-2001, 11:56 AM
Something I thought was worth reading......
>
>
> >
> > > TRIBUTE TO THE UNITED STATES
> > >
> > > This, from a Canadian newspaper, no less, is worth sharing.
America: The Good Neighbor.

Widespread but only partial news coverage was given
recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from
Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian television
commentator. What follows is the full text of his
trenchant remarks as printed in the Congressional
Record:

"This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least
appreciated people on all the earth.
Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and
Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the
Americans who poured in billions of dollars and
forgave other billions in debts. None of these
countries is today paying even the interest on its
remaining debts to the United States.

When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it
was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward
was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of
Paris. I was there. I saw it.
> > >
When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United
States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59
American communities were flattened by tornadoes.
Nobody helped.
> > >
The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped
billions of dollars into discouraged countries. Now
newspapers in those countries are writing about the
decadent, warmongering Americans.

I'd like to see just one of those countries that is
gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar
build its own airplane. Does any other country in the
world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo Jet, the
Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10? If so, why
don't they fly them? Why do all the International
lines except Russia fly American Planes?

Why does no other land on earth even consider putting
a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese
technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German
technocracy, and you get automobiles. You talk about
American technocracy, and you find men on the moon -
not once, but several times and safely home again.
You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirsright in the store window for everybody to look at.
Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded.
They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless
they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American
dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here.
> > >
When the railways of France, Germany and India were
breaking down through age, it was the Americans who
rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the
New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an
old caboose. Both are still broke.
> > >
I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to
the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me
even one time when someone else raced to the Americans
in trouble? I don't think there was outside help even
during the San Francisco earthquake.