PDA

View Full Version : No reactivity in Rt Pro

evilhomer
01-19-2004, 12:01 AM
Alright, I get to my field today, gas up my mag and take it to the chrono station take one shot and it works. Another shot and it works. Third shot, the reactivity dies(I have an RT Pro). I twist in my on/off a little more and the reactivity comes back, take a shot and it works. Next shot, reactivity dies for good. I pull the trigger and it's as if there is no air gassed up. My tank was full, all o-rings are fine, tank works great. So I open up my valve, and I look at everything, but still nothing works. I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the On/Off assembly (silver pin in the valve which pushes down the sear and gives the trigger reactivity) not pushing the sear down and not giving any reactivity. The night before it worked perfectly, although I may have oiled it a little too much. At the tourny on Saturday it worked fine, but now 1 day later, no reactivity. I don't have Level 10, just the stock bolt, so that rules out any Level 10 problems.

Any help?

-Any much help is much appreciated.

Aegis
01-19-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by evilhomer
I twist in my on/off a little more and the reactivity comes back, take a shot and it works.

Hope to help, but I do not understand this part. Can you clarify?

evilhomer
01-19-2004, 12:32 AM
Oh, I meant the on/off on my dropforward, sorry.

Lord_Whoopass
01-19-2004, 01:33 AM
The Gun is not getting enough air... most likely has to do with the way you tank is hooked up to your gun (I.E. your pin depressor in your screw in on/off might now be completely depressing the pin on your HPA tank)

Try using a regular asa once and see if it works...

evilhomer
01-19-2004, 02:29 AM
How could the tank have changed over the night though? I gassed it up before going to bed and it worked fine... I'll try it with a regular ASA though, thanks.

evilhomer
01-19-2004, 02:17 PM
It's the same thing with a regular ASA, is it possible that it could be Level 7 bolt stick?

evilhomer
01-19-2004, 03:47 PM
I thin k I've narrowed it down into a samller problem. Basically the silver on/off pin is not coming down to hit the sear to give the trigger reactivity. What could be causing this?

PBCapo
01-20-2004, 03:57 PM
Try 2 things. First, oil the on/off assembly and pin, and i mean oil it. Smother it in autolube. Gas it back up and see if it works then. Make sure that as you're doing this you have at least 1500 psi in the tank, just to be sure that lack of air isn't the problem. If you oil the pin and gas it up with a tank with at least 1500 psi, it should work. If not, do exactly this:

-Take off the valve, slide off the level 7 bolt and the spring, just so you dont drop it later. Twist off the back part of the valve. Put down the back part. If you look at the fron part, you should see a pin coming out, with a copper ring on it. Take off that copper fitting. Then, pull the pin out. It should look like a pin with say 5 black oring looking things on it, and then 3 light colored orings(the middle one is actually a spacer, not an oring) on the end that was towards the bolt. Take this piece (the reg assembly). and oil it like no other. Put it back in the same way you took it out, and you should have solved the problem. Good luck!

hAppy
01-20-2004, 07:49 PM
my freind is having this problem right now

his gun feels like junk cus of it