PDA

View Full Version : Gas -Thru Grip Installation

Keebler86
01-19-2004, 12:35 AM
I recently bought a stock Automag 68 Classic. I want to put a gas thru foregrip on it, however, I'm not sure what parts to buy or how to install it. I was wondering if anyone could help me out.
Do I need a vertical bottle adapter? And what will the installation require?
Thanks a lot.

ChucktheMAGician
01-19-2004, 03:59 PM
Welcome to AO. You will need a vertical bottle adapter, http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=215&CATID=6 I thought they came w/ the needed screw but it's not pictured, might wanna call or email on that one. As mentioned on that page you may need to punch the hole on the rail out yourself I just used the screw itself, it punches thru pretty easy. More hose and fitting will be required also as you will be going from valve to Vertical bottle adapter and then from gas-thru to ASA. Is your screenname your last name? I work for Keebler that's why I ask!!

Keebler86
01-19-2004, 04:41 PM
Hey, thanks a lot for helping me out. I'm new to automags and somewhat new to paintball in general, so please excuse my ignorance on most of this stuff.
I just have one more question about the automags.....
Is there any adapter or new body style for the automag classics that allow for a barrel to be screwed in, rather than using that lousy system of a pin and slot which lock in place? I had heard froma friend that works at a paintball store that there was something of this sort, but its possible I misunderstood him.
Thanks for your help.

ChucktheMAGician
01-19-2004, 04:53 PM
The new ULE bodies take cocker threaded barrels and come in a variety of colors, http://store.airgun.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=17&Product_ID=393&CATID=23 I suggest red!! If you want something a little more unique, also more $$, there's Dallara bodies and Chords.
---Oh Doc Nickel makes a cocker barrel adapter to, just remembered that, uses cocker barrels on standard mag twist-lock bodies.

Keebler86
01-19-2004, 04:58 PM
Hey, thanks again for your help. I didnt think that anyone would get back to me that fast. Thanks.

ChucktheMAGician
01-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Sometimes it's quick if you catch someone else on:D

Alert
01-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Will locatite seal the screw that goes into the VA?

ChucktheMAGician
01-20-2004, 07:00 AM
If you are talking about the screw that goes thru the top of the VA and thru the frame I wouldn't loc-tite it. No air goes thru that part. If you're talking about the holes on the side where the macro/ss lines come in, yes, you could use loc-tite or teflon tape there.

Alert
01-20-2004, 07:26 PM
Thanks Chuck, and yes I was refering to the screw that goes into the VA :)

Keebler86
01-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Hey, just wondering if any other company makes those barrel adapters....possibly for a little cheaper?
Thanks.

ChucktheMAGician
01-26-2004, 11:11 PM
Nope those would be a Doc exclusive.