PDA

View Full Version : evil pipe the good the bad and the bent

triggerman
01-19-2004, 09:40 AM
so yesterday I finally got to play with my mag I biult a piece at a time. I fine tuned it and it shot great. I needed a barrel. wanted a pipe, hey luckey me the store had a cocker threaded pipe, 14 inches(2 inches longer then I wanted but hey beggers can't be chosers.) so after a 10 min discusion with the aging store owner tring to explain to him that yes I want you to sell me this barrel and yes it will work on a mag. (old and out of the loop) the pipe was mine. How it shoot? dead on. I was very ompressed. Now all I got to do is buy a shorter tip and I am a happy man.

O wait the bad and the bent. durring a fast paced game I made my move to the snake. super man dive and dirt sample later. I come out shooting. its still dead on after I shoot out the dirt of corse. game over, I put on my barrel condon and notice the barrel is kinda oblonged at the tip. not horrible bad but enough to make me still mad. I love the way it shoots, but unless they start making them a little thicker I would never buy another.

I should have just listened to the poll and eathier got a ss freak or an empire.

Mindflux
01-19-2004, 09:52 AM
ouch :(

Don't superman dive with your barrel pointing down! ;)

triggerman
01-19-2004, 10:01 AM
live and learn. I usally never take the dirt sample I blame it on the fact that I an used to haveing my barrel 4 inches shorter

sneakyhacker420
01-19-2004, 10:14 AM
that sucks man... i was gonna get a pipe but my store was out of em, so i just said hell with it and picked up a full 14" AA Freak kit... much happier with it... more bore sizes, more tips, all that... and ya only have to change one back if you get a different gun :D

01-19-2004, 10:15 AM
Well, i guess its a good time to get a new tip, right. :)

thei3ug
01-19-2004, 10:54 AM
the evil pipe tips are WAAAY too thin

triggerman
01-19-2004, 12:32 PM
the pipe is very light and shoots great but I agree its way to thin at the tip. next pay days mission flatline and tank cover if I can fine one to fine a 72ci; and a ss 10" freak with freak tip

jayloo
01-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by thei3ug
the evil pipe tips are WAAAY too thin

The tip of the pipe is very thin...I often wondered if anyone ever bent/smashed one. It is a reasonable quiet barrel but still louder from what I am used too.

I sold mine in favor of cash and a DYE ultralite.

*ArKfEaR*
01-19-2004, 02:03 PM
freak, you will never be dissapointed especially with the new Stainless Steel inserts.

But if you are lookin for an alternative to that, I would recommend the MacDev matchstick, shot one and i believe its made by CP or something. But anyway the thing shot darts, another really good barrel.

Sell the pipe :rolleyes:

Fixion
01-19-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Mindflux
ouch :(

Don't superman dive with your barrel pointing down! ;)

Or get the training wheel that evil has on their website!

Well, I couldn't find the pic, they had it on there a few weeks ago...

RT pRo AuToMaG
01-19-2004, 04:52 PM
same thing happened to my pipe, just tap it out with a screwdriver and a hammer, very softly. sand it a little after that to eliminate all sharp edges.

triggerman
01-19-2004, 08:44 PM
i saw the training wheel thing too. I thought it was funney as sh** till I found out it was nessary.

as for the screw driver tip thanks I'll try it in the morning.