PDA

View Full Version : a whole bunch of stuff

Omicron
09-11-2001, 01:32 PM
the back spring (small) in my valve seems really mangled up...its at the back of the valve that some people say it looks like a german grenade...what should i do?

also, how would i get my barrel on and off my gun easier? it seems really tough to get on and off right now...

and would a tippman pro carbine be a good back up gun?

pharcyde
09-11-2001, 10:10 PM
1) get a new cone shaped spring from agd, or remove it all together. thats what i have done in my mag, well i lost the spring, and i havn't noticed any problems.

2) try loosening up the screw in the trigger frame a bit.

3) yes any tippmann is a good back up gun, i had a pro/carb before i got my mag.

Army
09-11-2001, 10:43 PM
The spring does nothing more than keep the "grenade" pin in place. You can get another from AGD, http://www.airgun.com/Prices/index.html

You can put some light oil or grease on the O-rings, not too much, which will let the barrel slide in and out easier.

The Pro Carbine is built like a tank, it would be a very good back-up gun.

:cool:

Omicron
09-12-2001, 01:49 PM
what is the spring called? and also, is the tippmann pro carbine an okay sniper marker? do you have to check co2 tanks every 3 years like compressed air tanks? thanks...and i dont have a comp right now so i will try to come everyday but no more than that

Dubstar112
09-12-2001, 01:56 PM
army, you must like them if they are built like a tank! lol

Omicron
09-13-2001, 05:00 AM
what does the spring and pin do?

how many shots would i get off of a 12 oz, 14 oz, and 20 oz? can i put but plates on all of them?

Omicron
09-14-2001, 05:05 AM
what does the spring and the pin do? could i take out the 2 and will it still work like before?

for the tippmann, how many shots would i get off of 9 0z, 12 oz, 14 oz, and 20 oz respectively?

oh and one more thing....i hold my marker kinda funny but im used to doing it that way, i put my right hand on the trigger like normal but my left hand doesnt go on the foregrip but halfway on it and half on the barrel....hehe
which is why im looking into the pro carbine...

davej946
09-14-2001, 05:59 AM
That spring/pin is called the Regulator Valve Pin Assembly, and I wouldn't recommend removing them from the valve. They are there for a reason, and the gun is likely to perform in a manner other than that desired.

I'm not sure how many shots you would get from each tank on a procarb, since I've never owned one. I get about 500 out of my 20 with a M98.

If you hold the marker in that manner, may I suggest a Tippmann M98 or Custom 98? I have the Model 98 (1st Generation) and I put my right hand on the grip and hold the gun right in front of the trigger guard - very comfortable.

Good Luck,

Mattyblaze
09-14-2001, 11:16 AM
get some vasoline and rub it on your barrell o-rings it should make it slide in and out easier and it will make your o-rings last longer too. but dont put too much on there just a little bit.