PDA

View Full Version : Arhgh!#$&^@

jive turkey
01-19-2004, 04:06 PM
Just got my RT pro and I gotta say, looooookin' goood! I decided to take off the the site rail because I didn't like the look and it just felt chunky. I'm on the LAST screw and the head strips. The thing is stainless steel! (looks like it) and it stripped?! Any ideas on how to get it out?

-sam

krafty
01-19-2004, 04:17 PM
Screw-out stripped screw remover... you can get them at Sears.

jive turkey
01-19-2004, 04:19 PM
Thats probably the best way to go about it. Would putting a dab of blue loctite on the end of the allen wrench and sticking it in the screw be a bad idea? I was considering that.
-sam

WenULiVeUdiE
01-19-2004, 04:28 PM
You probably hsoudnt use blue locite. You dont want the allen wrench getting stuck in the bolt and then you cant get it out, that would look even worse. But if you use it correctly it may help. Also, your best bet is thos stippred screw removers form sears.

Edit: I meant screws, not allen wrenchs.

krafty
01-20-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by jive turkey
Thats probably the best way to go about it. Would putting a dab of blue loctite on the end of the allen wrench and sticking it in the screw be a bad idea? I was considering that.
-sam
Probably not, just because blue isn't that hard to break. You're probably better off with the screw-out.

funkmunky56
01-20-2004, 06:20 PM
no, because loctite is NOT glue.

if you have a dremel tool... put a slot in the head, and use a standard screwdriver to get it out. nuff said. --Dave