PDA

View Full Version : Wow...I guess no one wants an SFL Emag anymore.

rdb123
01-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Wow this is odd. I've been trying to sell my SFL Emag for over a week now here on AO and no offers. I've also noticed other sellers such as ntn and Random have had no substantial offers either. Has interest in SFL Emags waned???

-Ron

This is great. I've got a 1300 dollar backup backup gun sitting under my bed collecting dust. =\

Mindflux
01-19-2004, 05:50 PM
:( That sucks man, good luck on the sale.

1300 is too much for an emag IMO, even if it's super duper.. heck, I think 1300 is too much for an xmag too!

Creative Mayhem
01-19-2004, 05:54 PM
If I had the money, I would buy your's, NTN's, and Random's. Alas, I don't. Sorry :(

NJPaint
01-19-2004, 05:57 PM
well, its a lot of money to fork out. The higher the value of the gun, the lower the number of possible buyers. I'd put up more ads... pbn... ebay even. I'm working up to buying myself an SFL or X-mag, and I know a lot of people that are in the same boat as me. When I have the cash and am secure enough to buy it, I'll see whats availible, till then I just gotta watch them go on and off the market.

jayel579
01-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Mindflux
1300 is too much for an emag IMO, even if it's super duper.. heck, I think 1300 is too much for an xmag too!

i agree

RT pRo AuToMaG
01-19-2004, 06:09 PM
you'd probably be better off trading it. most people have more money in their gear then they do cash.

GT
01-19-2004, 06:30 PM

I agree,
your best bet is to trade for 13-1400 worth of gear and then sell those smaller peices on eaby or pbn. get with me if you want to trade the sfl for some gear you can easliy sell..

AcemanPB
01-19-2004, 06:38 PM
I think the X-mag killed the resale of the SFL's. I've seen used X-mags go for around 1000. Since X-mags are pretty much identical to SFL's the only way you could sell a SFL for 1300 would be to someone who would fork over the extra money for it's rarity.

barberjohn
01-19-2004, 06:50 PM
well, xmags may have hurt the price of sfl's, but they are still much more rare than any other emag out there, that is what makes them so expensive.

headcase
01-19-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by barberjohn
well, xmags may have hurt the price of sfl's, but they are still much more rare than any other emag out there, that is what makes them so expensive.

I hate to say it, bur rariety in paintball gear is a joke. I would say that most people do not care to spend an extra 200 - 300 on a "rare" marker, that they will probably keep for a couple of months, then trade/sell. If some one was investing in it, OK, but this is not an investment, it is a tool to play a sport.

Two years ago I would have spent 1300 on a used SFL, but I wouldn't even think about it now. I bought my X-mag new in box with both breeches for 1300.

I'm building my Karta E-mag for less then 1300, and it will look better then the SFL, and perform exactly the same.

jayloo
01-19-2004, 07:05 PM

Deadlywind ...with their Karta and Dallara ....have nailed it. I feel the Karta is far better in looks to an SFL and an Xmag.

cledford
01-19-2004, 07:10 PM
I'll give you my '03 WASed Viking for it. Otherwise - I'd use the same cash on an X - I've seen 3 of them in the last week. Sorry about how things turned out.

AcemanPB
01-19-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by RogueFactor
And now you know the reason why you wont be seeing a *KAPP E-mag* or newer *Shocktech E-mag* versions.

There just isnt enough demand.

I don't think this is true. I'm sure someone would pay 1300 for a new Shocktech E-mag.

GT
01-19-2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by cledford
I'll give you my '03 WASed Viking for it. Otherwise - I'd use the same cash on an X - I've seen 3 of them in the last week. Sorry about how things turned out.

thats a fare trade. a 900 dollar gun for a 1400?

Fred
01-19-2004, 07:43 PM
I think you're just asking too much, like most people selling used gear.

Yeah, its still in good shape, but how many shots have you put through it? Probably a lot more than I ever would if I owned it for twice as long.

Personally, I really like the SFL milling a lot more than the Xmag and Dallara... but wouldn't pay that much for a used one.

---Fred

jayel579
01-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

its only worth what someone else will pay

50 cal
01-19-2004, 08:03 PM
Gotta remember, it's used. Even if it's never played a single game. Just like cars, drive a brand new one off the lot and the depreciation is about $3k.
Sorry you didn't get any bites on it, SFL's are sweet.

cledford
01-19-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi

Had to try ;) I guess I could throw in a Retromag - but that's all I got to give.

-Calvin

Ginjiroku
01-19-2004, 08:31 PM
:1300 is too much for an emag
I agree.

Prairie
01-19-2004, 08:41 PM
Knock it off! Want a vacation? :mad:

rdb123
01-19-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Fred
I think you're just asking too much, like most people selling used gear.

Yeah, its still in good shape, but how many shots have you put through it? Probably a lot more than I ever would if I owned it for twice as long...

Well, I've had the valve rebuilt and the board replaced before. Shortly after that, I received my Shocktech Intimidator. So, I'd say only 3 cases of paint have been through it with the new valve/board.

I'm also selling it with a barrel kit, an extra battery, dual magnetic detents, matching drop/asa, extra battery, plus other stuff like an extra VALVE. Then you have to remember insurance on this package would be an extra 15 dollars at minimum.

EDIT: 50 cal, you're right. If the invisible hand determines that I greatly overvalue the gun/package, then I'll just keep it and have it collect dust--literally. =)

Psyke-O
01-19-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Prairie
1300 is too much for ANY gun unless said gun is capable of servicing me orally.

or is made of gold. and not that coloring **** either.

GT
01-19-2004, 08:50 PM
guys, dam,
remember there are only 35 of these in the entire world. Thats it no more will ever be made. This kind of product is really only for the hardcore mag fan.

as far as serving you orally: a true player doesnt have to pay for anything as long as he is on top of his game;)

CodeMA
01-19-2004, 09:06 PM
If that there "Priceless" mag there is givin you some mental problems there, because, ya know it needs a new home and doesnt deserve to be under that there bed there...

I gladedly adopt that there mag and teach it the the ways of muppet schooling texas style ;) Promise.... just a thought if your looseing sleep over it and all....ehehe

...no seriously...

:D

Load SM5
01-19-2004, 09:19 PM
I'm gonna be buried with mine. It's too pretty and shoots too nice.:D

$tevo
01-19-2004, 10:03 PM
i love the SFLs. but they are just to expensive for an emag. now that the xmags are out and a couple aftermarket badies for emags, theres no need to spend all that money on an sfl..thats just my opinion. i think 900ish is around a decent price for one though

rdb123
01-19-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by $tevo
i love the SFLs. but they are just to expensive for an emag. now that the xmags are out and a couple aftermarket badies for emags, theres no need to spend all that money on an sfl..thats just my opinion. i think 900ish is around a decent price for one though

So you're saying a used Xmag is also only worth 900?

edweird
01-19-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
I'm gonna be buried with mine. It's too pretty and shoots too nice.:D

amen bro... well once I get it back from rob :P

I have never sold one of my mags. and dont plan on parting with this 1 of 35 beast either.

PsychoBaller
01-20-2004, 12:44 AM
Yah... after a week of having mine posted for sale (couple weeks ago), i decided that it was not time to sell it (i think i was drunk in teh first place when i posted it for sale).

I just decided to upgrade all of my SFLs other accesories... making it a brand new gun all over again... yay

-New 70/4500 HP Peanut Crossfire
-New Style 12" Scepter kit and CnC battery pack soon to come... (week or so). I'm gonna eventually all the new goodies too.

-baller

demonguy8
01-20-2004, 02:46 AM
I think ima go out on a limb here and say flat out.. most people dont really care how rare a gun is, they want it new or they want it with an impossibly low shot count and no scratches. Your gun is/has neither (well maybe no scratches since I havent seen it).... Putting new parts into it is like saying its a new car because you rebuilt the engine and it just doesnt work that way... Id say about 1000 is reasonable, with 1100 if you can find some desperate diehard mag fan (and judging from the fact you had no offers on AO... Id say good luck with that)

Z-man
01-20-2004, 02:58 AM
You need to wait for someone like me. I got Kila's SFL for a rather high price but his was a one of a kind SFL. I think that if you got 11-1200 you should be happy.

PsychoBaller
01-20-2004, 03:09 AM
Kila's is uber special, its a one of a kind, that was 1 of 30 of a kind. Rather, there are only 30ish working SFL Emags out there today. Mad rare, Xmag prototypes.

The Frymarker
01-20-2004, 06:54 AM
If I had the money and wasn't spending it on engraving equipment, I would buy it.

Eventually I want one of my own, I mean to sit and make grips for them and to not own one yourself, is pretty silly :)

On my part

cledford
01-20-2004, 08:22 AM
Something to consider is that there are all sorts of "rare" aftermarket Angels out there - I've seen some these days offered in trade for Ecockers, others for sale for as little as $500. Now there is a difference between a SFL/X and an Angel performance wise - but other than that... SFL's are a nice bit of mag history at this point. 35 does make them rare - but the X's aren't every where either. I'd chose the Xmag over the SFL because I've seen them used at the same price and I like the look better.

You know, it always surprises me when people are upset when a marker goes down in value. I remember just recently people screaming on the AKA forum because they'd just bought '03s a week before the '04s were suddenly launched. I thought the same thing then - if you bought the marker as an investment, I've got a bridge to sell you. A quick look at the "for sale" forums shows how much markers drop in price used - and it's not lower because not many people truly grasp that from you lowly pump to your most expensive "E" marker (assuming any example is in good tune) ALL paintball markers are EQUALLY accurate. (Granted many shoot at different ROFs) It kinda defeats the whole purpose of having more then one - especially when they average ~900 in retail for a good one. If more people wised up and quit buying multiple high end markers, several manufacturers would go out of business. What I'm saying (and Tom has said this to me...) is that the market is beyond saturated with product that for all intent and purposes is the same. It's really silly that people (especially today) buy more then one at the price they're paying. (I own 4 electros so that shows how bright I am) Anyhow the point is that in a saturated market things don't hold their value. Look at PC's and cars. For the most part a 3 year old PC or 10 year old car is fine to do what the average DAILY user requires - but that doesn't stop people from upgrading every year. Then look at the resale market - it's the same as in paintball.

IF you wanted top dollar for it you probably should have sold it before the X's, now to get top dollar again you'll be waiting a long time and even then I'm not sure.

-Calvin

GT
01-20-2004, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by demonguy8
(and judging from the fact you had no offers on AO...

I sent him an offer lastnight. My Impact 2k2 LCD (500 used) and my ULE Emag milled for an ace with an almost new Max Flow and full kaner (7-800 with everything). He could have easly gotten 13-1400 for all that crap. The offer expired lastnight after another potential buyer/trader came through on the angel.. Now i can only add the E and cash if he likes.

to be perfectly honest if I was going to sell all my gear and spend 1300 I would just purchase one, X, new... O'well his choice I guess.

jb

mag-hatter
01-20-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by rdb123

This is great. I've got a 1300 dollar backup backup gun sitting under my bed collecting dust. =\

sounds like YOU dont want an sfl either? :rolleyes:

ntn4502
01-20-2004, 12:51 PM
Mine's gone, being a pilot ain't cheap:(

jeffremiller
01-20-2004, 12:57 PM
I'm with Load...

Mine will be beside me in my purple coffin.

J_

smilestyler
01-20-2004, 01:38 PM
I don't like to hear SFL's compared to xmags. Sfl's are for people who appreciate Harleys, classic Hot Rods, and old whiskey. Nothing wrong with xmags, but I prefer the SFL by far. I like going to the field and knowing that NO one will have the same gun(or at least not likely) This is better to collect dust for a couple of months than to sell it to someone who can't appreciate it. Otherwise, you may regret selling it down the road. Just my opinion, I'm not trying to degrade the xmag or insult their owners.

GT
01-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by smilestyler
I don't like to hear SFL's compared to xmags. Sfl's are for people who appreciate Harleys, classic Hot Rods, and old whiskey. Nothing wrong with xmags, but I prefer the SFL by far. I like going to the field and knowing that NO one will have the same gun(or at least not likely) This is better to collect dust for a couple of months than to sell it to someone who can't appreciate it. Otherwise, you may regret selling it down the road. Just my opinion, I'm not trying to degrade the xmag or insult their owners.

I agree 100%

sneakyhacker420
01-20-2004, 03:39 PM
i'll buy one if the price drops below the $1100 mark

1300 is too much for a used gun with a mis-alligned breech (unless you got the x-mag breech for it)

and most of them aren't in the prettiest condition from regular use

sure, my micro e-mag is 1 of 2 in that color, doesnt help the value at all, just makes it pretty

i also have one in a handful of flawless working pump mags, people only wanna pay $200 for it when i spent $400 making it work

if you wanna get into that 1 out of 1 stuff, i used to have the second short/half block cocker ever made, the first vert feed one to be specific

i cherished that thing as if it were god

i paid in excess of $600 for it, simply because it was a work of art to me

i didnt even get one offer on it when i put it up for $430 or so

i won't get into this right now, but you get the idea i guess

rdb123
01-20-2004, 04:41 PM
Well, I want to state that when I made this post, my intention wasn't to whine at all. I was just somewhat baffled that there were 3 SFLs plus an Xmag up in the B/S/T forum and it looked like no one had any interest in them at all.

smilestyler, I completely agree with you. If the price dips too low for me, I'll just keep it and use it maybe once a month. Yes, I have received a good amount of trade offers for it, mainly people off AO. I just really want to sell it to someone who will appreciate it for what it is. I know only an AO'er would most likely take it for what it is.

PsychoBaller
01-20-2004, 04:49 PM
I don't like to hear SFL's compared to xmags. Sfl's are for people who appreciate Harleys, classic Hot Rods, and old whiskey. Nothing wrong with xmags, but I prefer the SFL by far. I like going to the field and knowing that NO one will have the same gun(or at least not likely).

Well said... im saving that one... heh

The Frymarker
01-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Good you keep it :)

I'll appreciate and give it a good home :) So hold onto it, maybe when I have the funds it can go to me :D

sneakyhacker420
01-20-2004, 04:56 PM
keep makin' thoes grips heather... and you'll eventually be able to obtain an SFL :cool:

The Frymarker
01-20-2004, 05:07 PM
hehe I'm trying, I'm trying....do you know how envious I am that I keep making grips for emags...but I don't have one of my own:(

cledford
01-20-2004, 05:16 PM

I like Harleys, hot-rods and old whiskey. I'd say the SFL lovers are more of the Lamborghini type - sinc there's only 35 of 'em...

-Calvin

pb4jc
01-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Well, I want to state that when I made this post, my intention wasn't to whine at all. I was just somewhat baffled that there were 3 SFLs plus an Xmag up in the B/S/T forum and it looked like no one had any interest in them at all.

I wouldn't say that there is noone who is interested a more likely conclusion would be that plenty of hardcore mag lovers are interested (i.e. myself, sneaky, and frymarker) we just all have a shortage of funds to be able to afford that kind of an "investment" at this point in time. Keep tryin maybe when one of us can get rid of somethin a kidney for example we can afford it.

peace

The Frymarker
01-20-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by pb4jc

Keep tryin maybe when one of us can get rid of somethin a kidney for example we can afford it.

peace

Yeah I have a slightly used kidney, it great condition, still has about 50 or more years left on it. It comes from a non smoker, non drinker...okay maybe the occasional glass of wine. If not I may have some other used parts, left eye, lung, toe maybe:D

No seriously I would really take care of it, I collect them as I go along. My first edition micromag...500 made and I have that sitting in a velvet lined box:)

GT
01-20-2004, 06:31 PM
I know only an AO'er would most likely take it for what it is.

I did float you a pretty good offer. I will take care of her :)

Athius
01-20-2004, 06:53 PM
I dont know what is the hype with the x-mags and sfl-mags cuz to me is the same as a e-mag. The only diference is the eye.

sneakyhacker420
01-20-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by The Frymarker
hehe I'm trying, I'm trying....do you know how envious I am that I keep making grips for emags...but I don't have one of my own:( im in a really good mood and would probably ship off an e-mag to you if i had one in my posession... i do... a green one... but im wayyyyy too attached to the sexy green :(

rdb123
01-20-2004, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Athius
I dont know what is the hype with the x-mags and sfl-mags cuz to me is the same as a e-mag. The only diference is the eye.

Why would you buy an Angel 4 over an Angel Speed? The only difference is one has an LCD. *tongue in cheek*

gtrsi, yes you did give me a pretty good offer, but I wasn't too sure if I would be able to sell that ULE ACE'd Emag.

The Frymarker
01-21-2004, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by sneakyhacker420
im in a really good mood and would probably ship off an e-mag to you if i had one in my posession... i do... a green one... but im wayyyyy too attached to the sexy green :(

Hehe thanks for the thought, someday I'll have one

Caffiend
01-21-2004, 12:09 PM
I seriously considered picking it up rdb123. however, I don't want my first electro to be more of a display gun than a play gun. Don't get me wrong, I'd use it every once and a while but not every weekend. maybe after i pick up my emag ;)

rdb123
01-21-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Caffiend
I seriously considered picking it up rdb123. however, I don't want my first electro to be more of a display gun than a play gun. Don't get me wrong, I'd use it every once and a while but not every weekend. maybe after i pick up my emag ;)

Haha, for 8 months I would use this gun every week. That doesn't mean it's in horrible condition. It's in really good condition considering it's a polished finish. ;)

*ArKfEaR*
01-21-2004, 08:32 PM
Things lose value either way, reguardless of whether it should be sold for "x" amount of money and whether it could, doesn't mean it will.

I had trouble selling my Adrenalin Angel LED, it was the last Adrenalin LED they ever made, still doesn't mean its special and worth more, because no one cares.

Luckily I included everything and a turkey sub to sell it for $800.

But Unless your planning to sell that SLF for $1000 or so, I wouldn't expect it to be sold. It's just not a popular enough gun to the point where the user demand is high enough to pay what it may be worth.

If I were you, I'd make something out of it.

Get a CnC Battery pack
New Barrel Kit
Get New software
Get an X-Valve(not sure if needed)

Maybe send off to Rogue or someone to mill off more weight from the Rail, and Frame. Send it out and get a really nice Anno too, add a blade trigger, some custom grips and have yourself a new gun.

But it seems like you dont want to keep it either (because the demand like I said, is just not high enough for them) so the only recommendation one could make would be to lower your price, or wait it out.

barberjohn
01-21-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by *ArKfEaR*
Maybe send off to Rogue or someone to mill off more weight from the Rail, and Frame. Send it out and get a really nice Anno too, add a blade trigger, some custom grips and have yourself a new gun.
umm, now what does SFL stand for again, oh yea, super freaking light! :D naw, im jk ark, i just had to say it. oh and remember, they are like the xmags, they have the incorporated rail and body, so there really isnt that much to mill off. and, if you change the ano, then it wont be as rare, since most everyone associates sfl emags with the pewter ano, or atleast i do. oh, but it would look super sweet with an xvalve and a cnc battery pack. almost like z-mans late sfl, which was upgraded to the max!

ntn4502
01-21-2004, 11:08 PM

since most everyone associates sfl emags with the pewter ano, or atleast i do.

I thought everybody associates them to baby poop green :confused:

...and yeah really, doesnt make sense to mill a gun that name is SFL, not everyone can apperiate their greatness

Load SM5
01-21-2004, 11:23 PM
There's no sense in milling them further. I think the PTP micro-e-mag battery pack would go really nicely with the SFL milling and that's what I'm working on.

But as far as the X-valve, barrel, custom grips and anno, check, check, check and check.

The X-mag breach works nicely too.:D

Athius
01-22-2004, 12:09 PM
One question does the SFL-Mag comes with the famous shocktech 66.6 board?

Z-man
01-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Load SM5
There's no sense in milling them further. I think the PTP micro-e-mag battery pack would go really nicely with the SFL milling and that's what I'm working on.

my thoughts exactly :p

Caffiend
01-22-2004, 12:57 PM

Haha, for 8 months I would use this gun every week. That doesn't mean it's in horrible condition. It's in really good condition considering it's a polished finish. ;)

I'm not saying it's in bad condition. It looked good from the pics, just wish I could afford to buy it and not use it :D