PDA

View Full Version : Ordering ULE main bodies

AGDJon
01-19-2004, 06:09 PM
AO'ers,

When ordering a ULE main body, you may need to order a bottom bottle adapter screw (p/n 001557) and disc spring (p/n 000106).

Please let me know if you have any questions

tony3
01-19-2004, 06:11 PM
why?

FreakBaller12
01-19-2004, 06:55 PM
this doesn't make sense to me, why?

jayloo
01-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by AGDJon
AO'ers,

When ordering a ULE main body, you may need to order a bottom bottle adapter screw (p/n 001557) and disc spring (p/n 000106).

Please let me know if you have any questions

What r they and purpose do they serve?

coolcatpete
01-19-2004, 08:01 PM
I may order one very soon so can somone explain this.
Pete

RobAGD
01-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Its just the front frame screw and a washer/spacer dealie-o

-Robert

FreakBaller12
01-19-2004, 09:29 PM
so are you saying there might need to be a spacer to fill extra space caused by something being off in measurements?

punkncat
01-19-2004, 10:05 PM
The way you put that , did you expect us not to have questions?

You may as well be saying,..."Hey when you order the ULE make sure and get the griddle fat with the footcakes on catoast..."

C'mon man , spell it out.What do we need to order this other stuff for?

Halliday
01-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Is quality on backorder again? Why the extra parts?

RobAGD
01-19-2004, 10:23 PM
You all are so over thinking this.

The screw can pass through the body and hit the barrel.

The reason for the spacer is that you want to take a little length off the screw. Tolerance on screws can be a crap load. So they suggest getting a washer/spring disk to protect yourself from pooching up the threads on your cocker barrel.

-R

tony3
01-19-2004, 11:08 PM
oh, yeah I had that problem on my rt, took me a good month to figure out why my barrel was getting so scratched

trevorjk
01-19-2004, 11:51 PM
i lost that washer right away :) so i just grinded and rethreaded my screw :D

damageinc54
01-20-2004, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by RobAGD
You all are so over thinking this.

The screw can pass through the body and hit the barrel.

The reason for the spacer is that you want to take a little length off the screw. Tolerance on screws can be a crap load. So they suggest getting a washer/spring disk to protect yourself from pooching up the threads on your cocker barrel.

-R

If this is such a problem AGD should just include a washer or two with the ULE body.

SirTim
01-20-2004, 05:40 PM
I agree. Why couldn't AGD include those?

FreakBaller12
01-20-2004, 06:40 PM
cant you just cut the stupid screw down!?

BajaBoy
01-20-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by toyotaboy12
cant you just cut the stupid screw down!?

easier said then done

11_Mile_TMaster
01-20-2004, 11:12 PM
Well... It sounds like it could be a case of Quality on backorder. :)

I have two ULEs here, And I don't see how, on the two I have anyway, that the screw poking out could be a problem. Heck, on one of my guns, I had to get a LONGER screw...

I'm wondering, if they got a batch that was threaded ALL THE WAY THROUGH the body, kinda like on the old-school bodies, (Like Tony3 was saying.)

BlackVCG
01-26-2004, 07:26 PM
On my ULE bodies, the screw hole is a blind hole so it could never hit the barrel anyway...

Evil1
01-28-2004, 12:30 AM
Same thing on mine. It is also blind, but the one body I have developed a small bump above the screw and made it real hard to get a barrel on or off, so I just added an extra washer on the frame screw and dremeled the little bump out and everything is fine now.

GT
01-28-2004, 10:25 AM
I think this should have been addressed many moons ago in regards to the SS bodies. I have many 2nd hand barrels that folks used to long of a screw and marked up the barrel.

jb

hardr0ck68
01-28-2004, 10:48 AM
yeah, well i dont know about the rest of you, but i oen probably 100 10/32 (same as drop forward screws) screws with different heads and lengths. When i changed to my e-mag grip frame i needed a longer screw, i just looked and founs one. And you know how much all those lil screws cost me? Prolly under $10, but hit up a couple hardware stores and it will make you much happier (and your teamates, cause they WILL lose screws)

JEDI
01-29-2004, 10:22 PM
Haha, AGD - Just add shim.

Adam - "Gee Tom, I really like this girl, but she doesn't notice me."

Tom - "Dont sweat it Adam, just add a shim. Worked for me."
:D

FrAuStY
02-04-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by gtrsi
I think this should have been addressed many moons ago in regards to the SS bodies. I have many 2nd hand barrels that folks used to long of a screw and marked up the barrel.

jb

I believe this had been addressed "Many moons ago." Whent he S/S bodies were the only ones available, why do you think they ship your brand new gun with a washer/spacer on the grip frame screw? To keep it from finding its way down into the grip frame? Also if you would just look over your gun and see how it's made you would be able to tell that a screw (S/S bodies we're talking) could easily foul up your barrel if it were over tightened or just a hair too long.

It's not a quality thing, it's a screw thing. Fastener manufacturers don't take the time to count the number of threeds on their screws... the just cut `em and bag `em. If on'es .16 inches long and the next is .08 short.. no biggie as they're only fasteners.

skirts
02-04-2004, 04:27 PM
will everyone stop being whiney babies... suck it up... buy the stupid screw and washer... im sorry if AGD cant hold every ones hand when they are working on their guns... gesssh people... cry some more... i like listing to it... really... if you want to talk to me about how this "quality on back order" bull crap... my email address is

dholms@millerthompson.com

email me and i call you a whiner... dont bring it to the forums... you should be happy that jon is trying to help you guys out instead of complaining...

11_Mile_TMaster
02-07-2004, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by skirts
will everyone stop being whiney babies... suck it up... buy the stupid screw and washer... im sorry if AGD cant hold every ones hand when they are working on their guns... gesssh people... cry some more... i like listing to it... really... if you want to talk to me about how this "quality on back order" bull crap... my email address is

dholms@millerthompson.com

email me and i call you a whiner... dont bring it to the forums... you should be happy that jon is trying to help you guys out instead of complaining...

Well, The 'quality on backorder' thing, I used in jest. I think very, very highly of AGD and their products. To be honest, I'm more curious as to why the screws became necessary, because before they did not appear to be.

And, dude. It's just a forum. Admittedly, Yeah, Jon is trying to be helpful, and perhaps some posts may have 'walked the line.' But I didn't see anyone crying/complaining. punkncat was a bit, umm... terse. And myself, yes, in retrospect, my post should probably have not had that quality on backorder quip. But to generalise us as 'everyone,' and even then, to label us 'whiney,' is a bit unfair.

skirts
02-07-2004, 08:29 PM
im not a big fan of complaining... everything is cool...

peace