PDA

View Full Version : Prescription Lenses?

DiSoRdeR
01-19-2004, 08:05 PM
Does any paintball company make them for their goggles? Im tired of wearing glasses under my goggles.

coolcatpete
01-19-2004, 08:19 PM
That is a great idea, I will talk to my eye docter and see if he can speciality make me sommething(he does that kind of thing)
Pete

DiSoRdeR
01-19-2004, 08:32 PM
Sweet, tell me how it goes

RobAGD
01-19-2004, 08:42 PM
Actually we have a goggle insert that is made just like your eye glasses. The insert fits any of teh JT frames. With some work you might get them to fit other goggles.

Cal Joe @ 703-491-6505 If you get him your eye glass perscription he can have it ground within a day or so if he has the lens in stock.

BTW - thats the Pev Proshop in Woodbridge Va

-Robert

hitech
01-19-2004, 08:45 PM
I have an insert that was made for Bolle ski goggles. They fit perfect in my old JTs. I just modified them to fit in my vforce goggles.

darwin
01-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by hitech
I have an insert that was made for Bolle ski goggles. They fit perfect in my old JTs. I just modified them to fit in my vforce goggles.

What modifcations did you have to make. I have a pair of morphs that i want to get rx inserts for.

hitech
01-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Above each eye where 3/4 inch long "tabs". I just had to cut them down to about 3/8 inch long (or so, not sure of the actual dimensions). I used a pair of wire cutters. Very simple. I got the orignal "frames" from my eye doctor about 15 years ago. He searched through a HUGE catalog to find something that would work in a paintball goggle. I actually took my goggles in and showed them to him. :D

Major Ho
01-19-2004, 09:22 PM
I use the particular lense insert RobAGD is refferring to. They are more then great, they slip right into my JT Flex's. They have not fogged up on me in the course of 2-3 years Ive had them. You can get options from Pevs such as UV protection and even tinting Im now told.
The greatest part was I gave them my prescription and not 3 days later they were finished and ready to go. All for a more than fair price. Give Pevs a call and they will take care of you.

Duck Hunt
01-20-2004, 01:12 AM
I am HORRIBLY near sighted. I mean I cannot read a nametag on someone more than 6 feet away. I bought a set of JT inserts but I don't have a regular eye doctor, just some guy at sears =) and they tell me they can't make lenses for them! Where can I get some lenses for my inserts? I really don't wanna break my glasses.

Sean "Duck Hunt"

RoadDawg
01-20-2004, 01:24 AM
I thought of doing something like this with mine since I have the hardest time with contacts.

RobAGD
01-20-2004, 03:00 AM
Duck - I would be willing to bet that Joe can get the lens for those if you call and talk to him.

-R

PS - Thanks for the props Ho :D

darwin
01-20-2004, 06:51 AM
What if you have differnt rx for each eye? hehe i plan on calling tomorow.

hitech
01-20-2004, 12:34 PM
Here is a picture of mine with the inserts. I'm assuming these are the same or similar inserts that Rob can get for you. MUCH easier than glasses. :D

Skoad
01-20-2004, 02:38 PM
how about this new futuristic product called contact lenses

RoadDawg
01-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Skoad
Tried that. Poked myself in the eye 2 or 3 times and gave up. Can't stand touching my eyes.

gibby
01-20-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Skoad
Yeah...I need to upgrade mine. Does AGD make any?!:D

Actually, contacts work great if you can get used to putting them on and off. But carry a bottle of eye drops cause with all the dust and dry weather, your eyes can get dry and irritated. Otherwise, it's basically hassle free and they are so light weight! HEY! ULE Contacts! Now that's an idea! ;)

RobAGD
01-20-2004, 06:59 PM
I tried contacts but I had problems with them after I would emzyme them. It would kill me to wear them again.

So I have been waiting for Laser prices to come down and or for them to get a daily disposiable contact that will work with the football I have for an eye ball.

Joe is looking into another frame set for getting these to work better with teh Dye and Vforce goggles. Ill send him a copy of this link so he might be able to update it when he find out more.

-Robert

sharpshooter1286
01-20-2004, 07:06 PM
i used to play with glasses under my mask, they would always make it very akward to play, i feel for ya man.
i got contact lenses about a year ago, and they are really annoying at first but eventually its just something you do and you dont even notice them, i love putting my mask on and not being careful. those inserts look good, i have good experiences with sports goggles and stuff...i used to have some for football, then got contacts..again, a whole world of difference

DiSoRdeR
01-20-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by RobAGD
So I have been waiting for Laser prices to come down
I dont know if i would choose laser eye surgery. Watching them as they cut your eye open, and smell burning skin. Hmmm yeah... :rolleyes: And as for contacts, the whole thing about touching you eyes every day just isnt for me :) Im gonna have to check out these frames that fit in goggles :D

Athius
01-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by DiSoRdeR

I dont know if i would choose laser eye surgery. Watching them as they cut your eye open, and smell burning skin. Hmmm yeah... :rolleyes: And as for contacts, the whole thing about touching you eyes every day just isnt for me :) Im gonna have to check out these frames that fit in goggles :D

Last week i went to the doctor for the laser operation to see if i qualify for it but i have to wait another year.
And i is completely safe the chance to have problems is 1 of like 20k+. I have tried contacts i love them but i hate puttin them. Takes too much damn time.

Hitech- where did u get that?? Cuz i want one of those.

hitech
01-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Athius
Hitech- where did u get that?? Cuz i want one of those.

Originally posted by hitech
I got the orignal "frames" from my eye doctor about 15 years ago. He searched through a HUGE catalog to find something that would work in a paintball goggle.

So, I can't really tell you where to purchase them. You can wait for Rob or try your eye doctor.

I do remember they were cheap, $18 (just for the frames). But that was almost 15 years ago. ;)